Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sorry if I was misunderstood. I was simply presuming £500 in order to make my point. I'd be very surprised if it is much less than that though.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
...There is also a Bain case topper auto so unless you buy a case of boxes you will not have them all.

Those are nice looking cards!

I think they will arrange the run of autographs so that only dealers (who open many boxes) will have a chance of making up a complete run of variants. The 'Sam Dastor' and 'John Standing' autograph cards are particularly poor excuses for having variant cards, just take a look at the pictures.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Also there are two separate signed cards for Bain at 1/100. There are 200 boxes. So your Ultimate set contains one of the other, but not both. You will still be missing one Bain autograph.

There is also a Bain case topper auto so unless you buy a case of boxes you will not have them all.

Right, and I just scrolled down and saw 5 other signers with 2 different autograph cards that are one or the other guaranteed. So that's at least 7 autographs needed beyond what you get in the box.

And by the way, I wouldn't call these 10 cards variants. There is no difference in the signatures, no inscriptions. They are just 2 different cards made for the same 5 signers with different, if very similar, photos. Even if they weren't produced in the same quantities they wouldn't be variants, but one signer's card could be short printed less than the other one. I think it should be an even split though, unless dealer incentives are actually involved.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So £300 per box it is. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colour me surprised. That's actually an okay price. Not great but okay.

Now despite my reservations over the company. I'm actually interested.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So now it's around $375 is it? Yes a fair price in this market, especially for those who don't have a lot of Series 1 and 2.

However I already have one of the previous Bain signatures and some commons and Tate and Schell. I still see no mention of those last two in this Ultimate collection. If Tate and Schell have new autograph cards included in this one, then I'd be interested.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Colour me surprised. That's actually an okay price. Not great but okay.

Now despite my reservations over the company. I'm actually interested.

I’ve sent you an email!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's only one card that I'm interested in at the moment. That's the missing Zenia Merton card (ZM2) from the first series.

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My friend was told by a source that this one will have "metal foil dealer promo cards"

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
So £300 per box it is. Smile

A dealer price may be a little cheaper, although Unstoppable are throwing in some promo cards and a metal variant autograph card if you buy direct from them.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
There's only one card that I'm interested in at the moment. That's the missing Zenia Merton card (ZM2) from the first series.

Didn't this one eventually turn up, like some of the Nick Tate's and Catherine Schell cards in same design, in the 2nd set? I'll check. I may even have a spare.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:

Didn't this one eventually turn up, like some of the Nick Tate's and Catherine Schell cards in same design, in the 2nd set? I'll check. I may even have a spare.

My mistake. #3 with set one, #1 with set two. So some stockpiling of #2 maybe. Probably be utilised/vandalised to do a super duper hot hit but false and misleading cut signature card! YVMV.

posted Hide Post
The bit I don't get is: ZM1 was released in set 1. ZM3 was released in set 2. Zenia Merton was still around at the time. Why withold ZM2?

You're probably right about the cut signature cards though. I have seen a set1 Barbera Bain card being used as duo card with a cut Martin Landau signature. I've also seen a Shane Rimmer card being used as a cut signature card for another franchise set.

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Catherine Schell has apparently been confirmed for the set!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Catherine Schell has apparently been confirmed for the set!!

Excellent. Maya is to Space 1999, what Emma Peel is to Avengers. Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great news, well done Barrie. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Another first time signer will be announced later today!!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Vicky Michelle of ‘Allo ‘Allo fame!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
If anyone is looking to trade off the 54 base cart set "Behind the Scenes" - let me know.

Thanks!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That sold out quick. Are there more collectors with deep pockets than I thought or more dealers than I thought Eek .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post