Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
This was posted about Avengers
33+ different actors and actresses have signed for Series One - No collection has ever been so complete, look out for over 100 actors by the final set.

Got to say with how long ago the original series was made I am surprised there are 100+ actors still living!

That occurred to me too, from the first two Strictly Ink releases the following have passed on:- Jon Rollason, Barrie Ingham, Philip Madoc, Geoffrey Toone, Patrick Macnee, Ronnie Barker, Peter Barkworth, Liz Fraser, Burt Kwouk and Bernard Horsfall.

As Raven indicated, there probably will be a lot of supporting actors/actresses which even the UK fans will have trouble putting a name to.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Even though it says on Facebook that pre-orders for Avengers begin on July 14 and it will ship later this month, I've spoken to a half dozen of the usual dealers who carry Unstoppable cards, and they say that they have no info on the product or how to purchase it...

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"THE AVENGERS - Complete Collection - UPDATE:

This series has really grown into a truly remarkable collection and due to this we are delaying the pre-sale offers until NEXT SUNDAY - 21st July at 6pm.

Over the coming week, we will announce all included in the new releases and more importantly the first days pre-order specials, some are totally exclusive to you.

Many thanks, sorry for the delay, soon all shall be revealed."

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Exclusive??
Outstanding??

And HOT. Obviously.

..and now Totally Exclusive. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Presumably to distinguish them from the previous "exclusive except for the ones we've given to dealers as incentives, and the few we've held back to use as even rarer inserts in later sets" specials.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So latest post is about a case topper that
A) Isn't a card but a 10x8 photo
B) Features someone that isn't even relevant to the period being covered by the first set.
C) The box shows Patrick MacNee autos. Just how long have those been sitting on the shelf. It's been a wee while since Patrick passed away!

I just don't trust or even respect this company now. What a bunch of amateurs.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
B) Features someone that isn't even relevant to the period being covered by the first set.
C) The box shows Patrick MacNee autos. Just how long have those been sitting on the shelf. It's been a wee while since Patrick passed away! ...

A - Looks like a trading card and a 10x8 photo
B - It's a nice looking photo, that counts. And it features the king of the WOMBLES! Metal
C - the Patrick Macnee cards look like the case topper from the previous set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable says there will be 1499 boxes made of Avengers, with 200 cut autographs

And only 199 binders made

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
C) The box shows Patrick MacNee autos. Just how long have those been sitting on the shelf. It's been a wee while since Patrick passed away! ...

A - Looks like a trading card and a 10x8 photo
B - It's a nice looking photo, that counts. And it features the king of the WOMBLES! Metal
C - the Patrick Macnee cards look like the case topper from the previous set.

Weren't the last Pat cards plain white background like the rest of the set?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cut autograph in-box list:

Anthony Bate
Donal Donnelly
Patrick Cargill
Gerald Harper
Tom Adams
Warren Mitchell
Sandra Dorne
Tenniel Evans
Moira Lister
William Franklyn

Regular autograph in-box list:

Julian Glover/Isla Blair dual
Honor Blackman
Patrick MacNee
Lucy Fleming
Astor Sklair
Peter Wyndgarde
Fenella Fielding
Brian Blessed
Sally Smith
Ray Brooks
John Standing
Justine Lord
Julian Holloway
Isla Blair
Brian Jackson
Bernard Cribbins
Christopher Benjamin
William Gaunt
Julian Glover
Caron Gardner
Isobel Black
Barrie Ingham
Jennie Linden
Anneke Wills
David Graham
Terence Mountain

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
C) The box shows Patrick MacNee autos. Just how long have those been sitting on the shelf. It's been a wee while since Patrick passed away!

I just don't trust or even respect this company now. What a bunch of amateurs.

Patrick MacNee signed some extra cards as there were always plans for a future set, probably about 5 years ago when I was still at Unstoppable. When I visited Ron Moody to get Avengers cards signed he also signed a variant card which will feature in one of the forthcoming sets. Quite a few companies get cards signed for future sets so nothing new there.

The 8x10 signed photos are just an extra that Unstoppable are throwing in, why moan about it?

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Quite a few companies get cards signed for future sets so nothing new there.

Absolutely true. Companies do this all the time, especially Rittenhouse. Case in point, the new Martin Landau autographs in the Twilight Zone set. And it's absolutely fine to do that in order to spread out the interesting hits in each set, and make sure there's sufficient scope for future sets. They learnt from coming unstuck with some of their franchises where they front-loaded the early sets with all the big names, and the later sets didn't sell because they were full of cheap autographs. No one blames them for this.

However, what these other companies don't typically do (the grey area around stickered autos and variant cards aside), is put a few of those cards out in a really limited manner in the first set, to trick people into overspending, thinking it's a very rare card, only to slash its value later by releasing the rest of the exact same card.

So I take Spencer's point. Over the years it's been impossible to trust Unstoppable's word on card rarity, because we can never tell what they're holding back, or if what they are holding back with be the same card, or a different one.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So all ten cut autos look to be from actors now deceased. If you are going to do cut signatures, that is the best use of them.

Besides Blackman and MacNee, the one I'd like is Peter Wyndgarde. He had style in his day.

Funny how Diana Rigg will never relent on the Avengers. I know she really signs nothing, maybe one show appearance a few years ago, and she wasn't fond of her two seasons as Emma Peel. Still it was the role that made her an international name and it holds an iconic place for fans even now. Seems a shame not to enjoy it a little, so many years past.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would imagine that, aside from the top two of course, John Standing will be the most desired one on that list.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't Diana Rigg sign one of the hard to find Avengers show promo cards about 8-10 years ago ? There was some discussion of it here on Card Talk. The unsigned version of the card seems to be more common.

UPDATE: The card I am referring to above was from 2011. See this link

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....347071576#5347071576

Will Avengers really ship July 25 ? A few dealers told me that they have not yet received order information for it...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Besides Blackman and MacNee, the one I'd like is Peter Wyndgarde. He had style in his day.
Agreed Smile Interesting to see on the Unstoppable site that Peter Wyngarde and Patrick MacNee appear to have on-card signed autographs never mind cut autos. Fenella Fielding too:

https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/

Not that I will be buying any but interesting to see.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn't Diana Rigg sign one of the hard to find Avengers show promo cards about 8-10 years ago ? There was some discussion of it here on Card Talk. The unsigned version of the card seems to be more common.

Will Avengers really ship July 25 ? A few dealers told me that they have not yet received order information for it...

Unstoppable produced a unique card for Showmasters which they sold at the event and Diana Rigg signed for collectors. Diana Rigg also signed 5 sketch cards which went in the set. I think dealer info going out today, wholesale normally sells out in 24 hours so I’d imagine will still ship at the end of the month.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So all ten cut autos look to be from actors now deceased. If you are going to do cut signatures, that is the best use of them.

Funny how Diana Rigg will never relent on the Avengers. I know she really signs nothing, maybe one show appearance a few years ago, and she wasn't fond of her two seasons as Emma Peel. Still it was the role that made her an international name and it holds an iconic place for fans even now. Seems a shame not to enjoy it a little, so many years past.

She did sign for a couple of sets ( one was Avengers 50 , not sure of the other one ) . Maybe she does not like signing cards , she has never done one for GOT and I have never heard her being unhappy with that role.

This looks a really nice set to me but I like my sketch cards and the past few Unstoppable releases have been very stingy with only one or two per case and the box inserted ones not very good quality IMO.

I would want a return to the previous Avengers sets like Women of Avengers and Avengers 50, both of which were one sketch per box with a lot of high quality box inserted artwork before buying in advance.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
quote:

Unstoppable produced a unique card for Showmasters which they sold at the event and Diana Rigg signed for collectors. Diana Rigg also signed 5 sketch cards which went in the set. I think dealer info going out today, wholesale normally sells out in 24 hours so I’d imagine will still ship at the end of the month.

Yes, that's the only official Emma Peel card I remember ever hearing she actually signed. Unstoppable only obtained it because they went to the show and paid her autograph price, like anyone else I believe. I have wondered if she even knew what the intent was. Big Grin

There have been blank cards and the gold facsimile signature cards as noted, and quite right she did not do GoT either. Just not interested I guess. But I still have some pretty old books on the Avengers some place, behind the scenes, episode guides and such. No question she did not want to play Emma Peel. She left on her own after her second season, when it was in primetime on the American market, and it lasted over here just one more season with Tara King before it was taken off. Reruns of all three seasons sporadically played well into the 80s.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post