Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
That sold out quick. Are there more collectors with deep pockets than I thought or more dealers than I thought Eek .

Both good questions! I guess we'll get some answers soon!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
With such limited production, it would be difficult NOT to sell out. Big Grin

Does anyone know if the Schell autograph card was added as part of the boxed cards, or are we talking about a bonus or incentive? I still don't see where it is mentioned.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
...I think they will arrange the run of autographs so that only dealers (who open many boxes) will have a chance of making up a complete run of variants. The 'Sam Dastor' and 'John Standing' autograph cards are particularly poor excuses for having variant cards, just take a look at the pictures.

Updated - It seems they intend that, if you ordered two boxes, you will get both variants of all the autograph cards done in that manner.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
That sold out quick. Are there more collectors with deep pockets than I thought or more dealers than I thought Eek .

My guess would be there are as many dealers as you think, but they buy more than you think.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

What do you mean you didn't buy any? Twak Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

What do you mean you didn't buy any? Twak Big Grin

I had to make a decision between two similarly priced products, this and Halloween Ink from Perna. Halloween Ink won out because I already have most of the Space 1999 autos from previous releases. You'll thank me when you get your base set Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
Hmmm. This is interesting:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uns...mCnwYoSaBEQHdRlCDRQw

£30 for a base set is I think optimistic Big Grin . Still no harm in trying, I have seen stranger sales on Ebay.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I notice that Dave Prowse disappeared from the list of signers rather swiftly. Expect his card/s will turn up in some future 'super, great, fantastic deal' at some point!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
I notice that Dave Prowse disappeared from the list of signers rather swiftly. Expect his card/s will turn up in some future 'super, great, fantastic deal' at some point!

See that is the kind of thing that brings complaints. If you post the name in an ad, some people may be buying solely based on the info in that ad. It was implied that these are the 19 or 20 signatures guaranteed in the box and its the complete Ultimate list. So now it's not all the autos guaranteed, besides just the multiple signers' cards missing? Is the Schell auto in every box or not? Can someone just spell it out or do we have to wait for breaks to figure it out? Roll Eyes

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:

See that is the kind of thing that brings complaints. If you post the name in an ad, some people may be buying solely based on the info in that ad. It was implied that these are the 19 or 20 signatures guaranteed in the box and its the complete Ultimate list. So now it's not all the autos guaranteed, besides just the multiple signers' cards missing? Is the Schell auto in every box or not? Can someone just spell it out or do we have to wait for breaks to figure it out? Roll Eyes

-A- Schnell auto is in every box. She did three cards. Same as with Barbara Bain and one or two of the others.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Think Schell only did the two cards, so I guess 100 of each to go in alternate boxes. No mention of a third card that I've seen.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks, the reason why it's important for me to know that is because the Schell is the second best auto in the set for me and without it, even though I know it goes for only around $35, without it I don't get over the hill.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, her series 2 autograph is pretty cheap.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the actual release date for this ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me that the release date is now early November

Plus the dealer promos will supposedly be very limited, individually numbered, and with foil finish

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Unstoppable Cards and Cards, Inc. I was able to put together a Gerry Anderson UFO display. I've wanted to do this one for a long time as it's one of my favorite shows. Hope you guys like it....

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Thanks to Unstoppable Cards and Cards, Inc. I was able to put together a Gerry Anderson UFO display. I've wanted to do this one for a long time as it's one of my favorite shows. Hope you guys like it....

Very nice! I hope that's UV filter glass...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:

Very nice! I hope that's UV filter glass...

Thank you kindly. Love all these British Tv series - UFO, The Avengers, Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds, Space 1999 etc. All my auto displays are not exposed to any direct sunlight or harsh artificial lighting. They've been up on my walls for the better part of 15 years with no issues whatsoever. I feel that auto cards our autographs in general should not be hidden away somewhere in binders/albums but should be displayed to be enjoyed.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post