Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
Great !!!

I can't wait for "Persuaders" ! Bouncey Bouncey

I can't wait for Persuaders Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
You too ? You liked the show ?

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
You too ? You liked the show ?

Yes big fan, re-watched it recently, was it big in France ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Persuaders is a classic, used to watch it on a Sunday afternoon. Watched the recent reruns as well

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Persuaders is a classic, used to watch it on a Sunday afternoon. Watched the recent reruns as well

It was on the oddly named channel movies4men

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Yes big fan, re-watched it recently, was it big in France ?

Yes, it was big. And nowadays too. The show has always been very popular in France. It's regurlarly reruns.

I'm also a big fan (since I was kid). I watched re-runs and I have the DVD box set. Smile I like a lot of TV series, but "Persuaders" is in my top 10. Big Grin

I agree with Hammer, it's a classic. Thumb Up

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable has posted on Facebook that pre-orders for Saint Series 2 and Persuaders start on October 7

As always, supposedly special, web-only exclusives through their site

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put back another week to the following Sunday now. Release still at end of October.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Saint Set Two/The Persuaders.

Two hits per box.
Now a dual case of 18 boxes, presumably 9 of each set.
The usual suspects signing. No real surprises. Some carry over cards from set one on The Saint set two by the looks of things.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
The Saint Set Two/The Persuaders.

Two hits per box.
Now a dual case of 18 boxes, presumably 9 of each set.
The usual suspects signing. No real surprises. Some carry over cards from set one on The Saint set two by the looks of things.

Think it's 16 boxes per case, 8 of each.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes that's what I'm reading now. Could swear it said eighteen this morning.
Possibly wrong.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The website says that these are "this year's final big release"

So does that mean no UFO Series 2, Thunderbirds or Avengers for 2018 ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The website says that these are "this year's final big release"

So does that mean no UFO Series 2, Thunderbirds or Avengers for 2018 ?

Probably. All of their releases are at lease two or three months late all the time, so all those ones scheduled for the end of this year were always going to be next year.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:

To be fair to them, both sets do have some first time signers, and when you're talking about shows where most of the cast are dead, there's only so much they can do.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The company put out quite a few sets this year, as compared to prior years:

Capt. Scarlet, Four Feathers, Secret Service, Prisoner, Space 1999, and the Year Set all came out, and now these 2.

Saint Series 1 came out in mid-December of last year, so that was technically 2017

Did I miss any ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Both Saint 2 and Persuaders are limited to 1200 boxes, each

For each set, there is a Roger Moore auto in every 8th box, according to the Unstoppable website

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Persuaders and Saint 2 are definitely shipping next week ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, the Unstoppable website now says shipping Nov 12

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like UFO Series 2 is coming in late February, and Avengers in April.

Not sure about Thunderbirds.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any news on the autograph lineup for UFO Series 2?
Thank you in advance.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post