Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I didn't realize this until now, but Hammer Horror Collection # 2: Quatermass and the Pit (limited to 200) and Avengers Collection # 2 (limited to 250) went on sale October 4, and are said to be released in mid-October, if they have not been already.

Not released yet.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
These sets are now released along with all the usual promos, proofs etc.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like new case topper promo sets and dealer exclusive promos, as well

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we will see Terrahawks or Highlander before 2022 ends

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

My guess is no chance but you never know.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't imagine anyone's really waiting on Terrahawks.

They MIGHT squeak out Highlander on the 2022 books, but honestly after the first of the year would be better for budgeting anyway.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't even know what Terrahawks is.

I love Unstoppable Cards, but I think that they (like others) milk their licenses to death. It seems like UFO and Space 1999 went on forever, and now there are so many Avengers sets being released.

Is there really so much of a demand for Avengers cards ? Even in the UK ? No offense, but the show has been off the air since 1969 or so. Does anyone under the age of 55 even know who the characters are ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had to look up Terrahawks. Apparently it ran on weekends in the UK for 3 seasons, 39 episodes, between 1983 and 1986.

Never shown in the USA, to my knowledge.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there really so much of a demand for Avengers cards ? Even in the UK ? No offense, but the show has been off the air since 1969 or so. Does anyone under the age of 55 even know who the characters are ?
Lots of people still know who The Avengers are here in the UK. The Diana Rigg seasons do get reshown on TV from time to time. Not so much the Honor Blackman and Linda Thorson ones. It doesn't help that the Honor Blackman seasons were in black and white.

There was also a follow up series called 'The New Avengers' that came out in 1976 and ran for two seasons. Patrick MacNee was back playing John Steed but it was best known for introducing Joanna Lumley as Purdey. The first season of that series was the better of the two.

Both versions were great fun and I remember they were unmissable TV viewing when they first appeared Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

For the two seasons of Peel and Steed, I don't think age is the biggest factor. If someone was interested in the genre they probably heard of The Avengers and watched the shows at some point. They were pretty futuristic plots that held up well enough and are still being copied in some form today.

In the US the Blackman episodes never appeared on mainstream US TV at the time and the Thorson episodes were shown, but everyone wanted Rigg back, so that was the final year of the run over here. "The New Avengers" appeared briefly but was not well received. Late night reruns of the 3 Avengers seasons with Rigg and Thorson ran for years and years.

That period was iconic TV, and Mrs. Peel was the primary reason for it. She and the show still hold up, even for those not born in that century in my opinion, provided that they have a love of the genre.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had to look up Terrahawks. Apparently it ran on weekends in the UK for 3 seasons, 39 episodes, between 1983 and 1986.

Never shown in the USA, to my knowledge.

It was co-produced by Gerry Anderson who has a significant fan following, even now many years after his death, hence there will be people interested in this.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
By the way, a little trivia note on The Avengers. The very first series featured Patrick Macnee and Ian Hendry in the title role. But Ian Hendry dropped out before the second series was filmed but after the scripts had been written. Honor Blackman was taken on and the scripts were only slightly rewritten to allow for her being a woman. The result was she was playing a strong female character instead of the standard damsel in distress. This went down so well with viewers that Diana Rigg as Mrs Peel received the same treatment Smile

One other detail about the series was of course the small detail that it had an amazing, unforgettable theme tune written by Laurie Johnson. Once heard, never forgotten Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3oRtN0iqE

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I never heard of The Avengers when many epochs ago my uncle bought a color TV, very rare in those days, and we were at his house watching it late one evening when my two cousins (sisters) said we were going to watch The Avengers. I wasn't very old, and I'd never seen anything like it before (you're right about that theme song), and it was like Crack, instant addiction.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nothing posted on the Unstoppable Facebook page since October 4, so I take it we won't see Highlander or Terrahawks this year

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable has a Winter Year Set available for sale through its website beginning Dec 18. Only 50 made and it has new Highlander promos

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Year Set also has new Avengers, Terrahawks and Hammer Horror promos

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any idea as to when the Year Set will ship ?

Was supposed to be Dec 27

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any idea as to when the Year Set will ship ?

Was supposed to be Dec 27

28th as 27th was a public holiday in the UK.
Plus we've had postal strikes here. Maybe they'll start shipping next week.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think these are now starting to arrive.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mine came today.