Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One dealer has indicated that Persuaders will be out by September, and UFO and Thunderbirds are to be released between October and December. We'll see.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Unstoppable Year Set coming August 26 through their website. Advertisement says it has new autographs, new exclusive promos for UFO, Space 1999, Avengers and Thunderbirds, a new Avengers preview set, sketches, etc

Part of the deal is that it seems to include sealed boxes from older sets

No announcement yet on the price, or how many made, but the new promos are limited to 199 each

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Year Set is 150 GBP or almost $200 U.S.

You get 3 boxes of cards, from sets previously released. Plus 2 of 4 brand new, exclusive autos. Mostly new sketches. Plus the aforementioned 4 new promos and the new Avengers preview set

Seems like alot of money for what you're getting, IMHO

posted Hide Post
Each deal has
3 boxes
2 of 4 new autos (one UFO, two Saint variants and one Avengers)
3 random hits (three autos or two and a sketch) from past sets
Avengers promo set and four single promos.

Not too shabby, depending on what you get. If only I had the money spare.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looks like the Year Set is 150 GBP or almost $200 U.S.

Seems like alot of money for what you're getting, IMHO

Always is. And most of what they put in these things is only stuff that should have been in retail boxes to begin with, but that they hoarded.

And when they say the autographs are exclusive, that usually only means that specific card is exclusive. The signer will be in a forthcoming retail set, just on a different card.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems like the Year Set is merely an attempt to get rid of old inventory, boxes of card sets from 2017 and early 2018, which most people already have. Why would I want 2 more boxes of Space 1999 or the Gerry Anderson sets, when I already have a bunch ? The few new exclusives can probably be picked up on the auction site for $ 20 each, if 200 of each are made--the promos and preview set, that is.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems like the Year Set is merely an attempt to get rid of old inventory, boxes of card sets from 2017 and early 2018, which most people already have. Why would I want 2 more boxes of Space 1999 or the Gerry Anderson sets, when I already have a bunch ? The few new exclusives can probably be picked up on the auction site for $ 20 each, if 200 of each are made--the promos and preview set, that is.

Yes but if you did not buy any of the Space 1999 or Prisoner like me then it becomes a good deal Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All 200 Year Sets SOLD OUT

Says on the Unstoppable Facebook page "The Persuaders and The Saint coming in Oct". Does this mean a 2nd Saint set or is this a typo ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Unstoppable website now lists The Saint Series 2 boxes as available for pre-order. Says coming Fall 2018

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Unstoppable website now lists The Saint Series 2 boxes as available for pre-order. Says coming Fall 2018
Nope, Unstoppable are a UK based company so it actually says: Coming Autumn 2018 Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Their website states details spring 2018.

Regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

Regards

John Levitt
If you're going to nitpick Big Grin
The page for The Saint reads:

The Saint - 2018

AUTUMN 2018

SERIES 2

The Saint Trading Cards - SERIES 2 - DETAILS THIS SPRING, 2018

What it doesn't mention anywhere is: The Fall Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:

Regards

John Levitt

The Saint - 2018

AUTUMN 2018

SERIES 2

Kevin

Not nitpicking merely pointing out what is on their website. I for one don't use Facebook so I rely on the Website. My comment was aimed at those like me.

If I was nit picking I would also point out the the box image clearly has Series One on the side and it is obvious that who ever put together the page on the web site copied it from a previous page but didn't do a very good job see the statement SERIES TWO on the front of the box image.

regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With regard to the Year Sets, I already see dealers with these in hand, and selling off the contents for a FRACTION of the $ 200 that it would have cost to buy it direct. Glad that I missed out on the offer !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
With regard to the Year Sets, I already see dealers with these in hand, and selling off the contents for a FRACTION of the $ 200 that it would have cost to buy it direct. Glad that I missed out on the offer !

Where did you see this? I can see some listed on Ebay that appeared today but no sales as yet.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Regards

John Levitt

The Saint - 2018

AUTUMN 2018

SERIES 2

Kevin

Not nitpicking merely pointing out what is on their website. I for one don't use Facebook so I rely on the Website. My comment was aimed at those like me.

If I was nit picking I would also point out the the box image clearly has Series One on the side and it is obvious that who ever put together the page on the web site copied it from a previous page but didn't do a very good job see the statement SERIES TWO on the front of the box image.

regards

John Levitt
John, I included a couple of smileys in my post in the hope that it would make it clear I was being light hearted Smile Smile In future, I will add a few extra just
to be on the safe side Wave Smile

My orignal point is still valid though. Here in the UK there is no season called 'Fall', it's name is 'Autumn' and always will be Smile Big Grin Wave Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 4 new promos and the new Avengers preview set are definitely up for sale

Yes, a reliable source claims that Saint Series 2 and Persuaders ARE coming in October.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here in the UK there is no season called 'Fall', it's name is 'Autumn' and always will be Smile Big Grin Wave Thumb Up

Kevin

I agree with you.

It our colonial cousins that like to change everything in the "English" language. Wink Wink Wink

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable has posted pictures on Facebook of Saint Series 2 and Persuaders, coming in October

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Great !!!

I can't wait for "Persuaders" ! Bouncey Bouncey

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post