Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Many thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

This was one on my bucket list that I wanted to get to for a while. I was finally able to gather all the signatures needed. The Jeremy Kemp was the toughest to find. Have not been happy with the cuts available. This way, I controlled what went into the display and did not need to get a custom made mat. That brought the price down considerably. Could not have done it without my brother's help. He customized the cards for me.

Next up, The Prisoner. I've managed to find nearly all the signatures from the actors who portrayed Number Two, both official releases and signatures from other sources which will be customized to fit in with the subject matter. Just trying to figure out if I include all of the auto cards I have or streamline to the most memorable characters from the series. Will post when ready.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see Barrie is up to his old tricks with the dealer Xmas packs again. Whole pile of 'unreleased' cards surfacing on EBay. I give up. How anyone can trust this company is beyond me. Fine for dealers who can make a killing by manipulating folk with more money than common sense. Basically preying on the OCD nature of the collector. For the collector.......well you're never if you've completed a set of not. Seems ITV will give the licence to any old bugger these days.
These cards should be in the boxes so that there weren't so many duplicate nobodies in the box distribution. It's just really shoddy, no worse it's tawdry practise and I'm so glad I don't tolerate it any more.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's frustrating, but also realize that most of the living signers are older than I am, and many don't send signed copies back as quickly as they did when they were promoting their careers. This latest Space 1999 release seemed to have come in two 'waves' with a handful of autos and cuts that didn't show up in the first month of the release, together with some previously unreleased UFOs; and probably more will still trickle in for the next special event.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I can understand a collectors frustration but I’ve been on the other side of the fence when cards have often been sent in late. If you hold back the release date then collectors will moan, if you put in redemption cards to make the release date then more collectors will moan. If cards get released after a set then only one particular collector moans!!!

So many signers are older people and not in the best health, some offer to sign cards then forget they agreed to sign for the set. Some signers even signed the back of the cards so more cards have had to be produced and given back to the signers to do again.

But in every case, even if they are late, Unstoppable has always paid the signers for the cards, so from a business point of view it makes perfect sense to release the cards and cash in, what would be the point of destroying thousands of pounds worth of signed cards???

Unstoppable have cleared their stock to make way for some exciting new licences for next year so good luck to them.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Avengers is now listed for release in February.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
But in every case, even if they are late, Unstoppable has always paid the signers for the cards, so from a business point of view it makes perfect sense to release the cards and cash in, what would be the point of destroying thousands of pounds worth of signed cards???

Again, as before, this is not the point anyone is making.

New licenses though, you say? That is interesting.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me that Avengers will not be until late March, not February.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard any updates on Avengers ?

Nothing posted on Unstoppable website or on its Facebook page, from what I can see

Back in January, a dealer told me it would be out in March

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I think they’re looking at early April, they’re busy working on other stuff at the moment

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a bit off-topic, here's The Prisoner autograph card display I'd previously mentioned I was putting together. It's a combination of auto cards and a few custom jobs involving photos and auto cutouts. Hope you like it (click on the pic for a larger version).

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic. The Prisoner is one of my all time favorite TV shows.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Looks like Avengers 2 is set for an early May release!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does it still seem likely that Avengers will be out in May, given all that has been happening recently ?

Not sure how things are in the UK, in terms of people buying cards at the present time...

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Does it still seem likely that Avengers will be out in May, given all that has been happening recently ?

Not sure how things are in the UK, in terms of people buying cards at the present time...

I don't know about the UK, but sealed product in both sports and non-sports is on fire right now. With everyone bored at home, it's time to open wax.

It probably depends on where Barrie is with production, as in the US printers and packagers are non-essential and closed.

But yes, likely delayed as we were supposed to have orders opening last weekend and it didn't happen.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The UK is one of the worst affected countries. We went on lockdown 3 weeks ago and its just been extended to at least another 3 weeks. All non essential business has been closed. I would think he could work from home though so would depend what stage he is at in the process.

I pulled all my cards from ebay, as i would hate the thought of a post worker catching it just to deliver one of my cards.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is what I was thinking.

1) Things are not being printed here in the USA. No new comic books have been released since March, for example, as they have not been printed.

2) People are not shopping and mailing things. Our mail delivery has been way, way down. Sometimes we get things just 3 days a week, instead of 6.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And the regional economies are just gutted, with many people uncertain when or if they'll get the next paycheck. I'm actually surprised to hear that sealed product is on fire. I'm certainly not in a position to make those types of purchases right now. Hopefully later on, but I would have thought that card makers and card sellers wouldn't find this a good time to release new sets with no sports, no shows, and cash conscious customers.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think Ed maybe referring to older stock already released but on dealers current lists

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I think Ed maybe referring to older stock already released but on dealers current lists

I'm sure, but my issue would still be the same. Although I would normally like to, spending on sealed boxes seems abnormally frivolous. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I know one of my suppliers said their stock of wax in all categories was dwindling. At least in the areas where the warehouse can still be operated in some fashion. I know their Michigan warehouse is closed, but the Phoenix branch is operating with a skeleton crew and getting orders out.

Next week UD releases Punisher, so it must have been printed and packaged prior to the shutdown of the TX facility that processes many of UD's products.

And yes, there is still a fair number of old-stock wax orders going out. I've been to the Post Office every day since this started.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post