Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Proudly announcing that UFO is a sell out on their Facebook page. Well.......if you are only producing enough to cover pre-orders then OF COURSE you are gonna sell out. Gawd, their PR really does stink. You'd think he takes us all for idiot.

I love how he then goes on to explain how it's not a sellout at all ad there IS still stock left. I'd laugh but it just isn't funny anymore.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable has now posted info on Avengers: The Complete Collection on Facebook, including photos of 3 different boxes. Each box has a photo of Patrick Macnee and 1 of the 3 different female co-stars that he had.

All it says is this:

Coming in 2019 - The Avengers Complete Collection - Over 100 Autograph Cards and lots of surprises. You have never seen a collection like this one.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw that post.

I can only assume David Graham has signed 50 cards...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would really like to see the Avengers: The Complete Collection. I loved that show when I first saw it in reruns over here. It played very early, like 3:00 AM daily, for a couple of years.

I remember taping every episode of the Mrs. Peel and Tara King years on VHS. It was hard, but I finally caught all the episodes. It also took a long while before they were commercially available. A few years back I got the complete DVD collection and I still watch them now and then. The show held up well because it was futuristic and has some wild stories done tongue in cheek. Many of these episodes in the Peel era I regard as classics.

When Cornerstone came out with their Avengers B/W and color sets in the 90's I was all over them, even though I had trouble finding them. Those I had to put together myself and I still have them. I think at one point I dumped the doubles, probably shouldn't have done that.

I didn't go after any of the recent Avenger cards because they are hard for me to get unless I pre-order and I wasn't really that happy with the autograph line up or most of the sketches or even the base set. I did pick up a good Mrs. Peel sketch by Chris Henderson, but the Cornerstone cards seemed superior and I already had them.

I know based on what I'm reading from you guys that the claim of "never seen a collection like this one" may not pan out, but I feel ready to buy some more if it's anywhere near close. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Unstoppable has now posted info on Avengers: The Complete Collection on Facebook, including photos of 3 different boxes. Each box has a photo of Patrick Macnee and 1 of the 3 different female co-stars that he had.

All it says is this:

Coming in 2019 - The Avengers Complete Collection - Over 100 Autograph Cards and lots of surprises. You have never seen a collection like this one.

Looking at the package design it's three different sets so possibly a staggered release. Though from comments elsewhere the card make up and design hasn't even started! Why does everything have to be last minute as disorganised with this company? It's bound to reflect on the final release.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And didn't they say somewhere, a few weeks ago, that Avengers was coming in May ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What's with all the negative waves?

Chill out, have a little faith.

They say the cards will be here, they'll be here.

Just lay back and relax. Smokin'

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody to blame for the negative vibes but Unstoppable themselves!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
...Over 100 Autograph Cards and lots of surprises...

I guess this means there will be many autograph variant cards, even from the supporting actors.

The 'surprises' will probably cut autographs from previous releases.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 'surprise' will be it actually coming out on schedule!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
... but the Cornerstone cards seemed superior and I already had them...

The Cornerstone cards had the advantage of being the first, and they were great. Today, I think think a company could use much improved printing and colour correction to show those images in better quality on thicker glossy card, but that isn't really Unstoppable Cards way of doing things.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
I guess this means there will be many autograph variant cards, even from the supporting actors.

The 'surprises' will probably cut autographs from previous releases.

Yeah, this. I'm expecting about 25 signers, maybe one or two which are new, and all signing 3-4 different cards each.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is UFO still coming on March 24 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone said UFO is delayed until April 10. Is this true ?

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I think its delayed by a week due to 3 signers not returning their cards on time. This was a common problem when I was at Unstoppable, so before people start moaning just remember that a lot of people who sign for these sets are quite old and don't like being pressured. Also does it really make a difference to anyone if a set is delayed?

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Wright:

Also does it really make a difference to anyone if a set is delayed?

/QUOTE]

None but it does seem to really upset some folks for some reason.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable now says on Facebook that UFO is shipping between April 1 and 7

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yep. It makes no difference at all to anyone who maybe needs to budget for new releases per month. You were all foolish to even think it does. Just spend your money, damnit!

Anyone who was hoping to be able to purchase at a particular show based on the release date? You're also fools. It doesn't matter!

And the final group of fools is anyone who thinks being able to publish accurate information, and stick to it, or give acceptable explanations for any differences, is a sign of the trustworthiness or professionalism of a company. Seriously, does it make a difference? Do you even need a company to bother giving you information? Just throw your money at them and wait for something to maybe turn up some time, maybe containing what you expected. Does it matter?

Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Yep. It makes no difference at all to anyone who maybe needs to budget for new releases per month. You were all foolish to even think it does. Just spend your money, damnit!

Anyone who was hoping to be able to purchase at a particular show based on the release date? You're also fools. It doesn't matter!

And the final group of fools is anyone who thinks being able to publish accurate information, and stick to it, or give acceptable explanations for any differences, is a sign of the trustworthiness or professionalism of a company. Seriously, does it make a difference? Do you even need a company to bother giving you information? Just throw your money at them and wait for something to maybe turn up some time, maybe containing what you expected. Does it matter?

Big Grin

Me thinks perhaps it does! Big Grin

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have started to see some of the new UFO dealer promos appear on ebay...