Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
All autograph cards are in for this product, they’re just waiting for sketch cards to come back which are all from UK artists so shouldn’t be any problems there. As far as sales are concerned, Ed is right, I’m seeing strong demand and prices are holding up well, mainly due to people being bored at home, not spending any money on going out so turning to their hobbies instead

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
I’m seeing strong demand and prices are holding up well, mainly due to people being bored at home, not spending any money on going out so turning to their hobbies instead

Which is what I thought would happen

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable says on Facebook that Avengers will have 75 cases of 12 boxes each, and that 1 in every 12 boxes has an Honor Blackman auto

Says you can order from its website starting May 3

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just waiting on the sketch card ratio which has not been released yet.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't get where those collectors are getting the money though some states that have been shut down only a couple of weeks are either already partly re-opening or planning to soon. In California after being shut down for a month and a half, we're getting indications we might start partly re-opening by the beginning of June. The governor is talking about that right now.

I think some people are also anticipating the receipt of that $1200 we're all supposed to get here in the U.S. (some have got it already). They want to support the collectibles dealers they know as much as they can.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I think Ed maybe referring to older stock already released but on dealers current lists

I'm sure, but my issue would still be the same. Although I would normally like to, spending on sealed boxes seems abnormally frivolous. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Just waiting on the sketch card ratio which has not been released yet.

Yes , that's what I will be interested in. All of last years releases only had one or at best two sketches per case which is why I did not buy any of them.

If the price point is similar to last year and the amount of filler autos the same then I would want at least six sketches per case to make it a must buy for me. I already have most of the autos including Honor Blackman from previous sets.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Unstoppable says on Facebook that Avengers will have 75 cases of 12 boxes each, and that 1 in every 12 boxes has an Honor Blackman auto

Says you can order from its website starting May 3

Unless some is held back, there might not be any to sell May 3rd, as I've heard the dealer presale has been very active.

As for sketches, they are trying for 3-4 per case. That is IF all sketches are returned in time for packing out. There is also a Andy Fry sketch in the case topper pack.

75 twelve box cases is a TINY print run.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Yeah, I don't get where those collectors are getting the money though some states that have been shut down only a couple of weeks are either already partly re-opening or planning to soon. In California after being shut down for a month and a half, we're getting indications we might start partly re-opening by the beginning of June. The governor is talking about that right now.

The key word is "partly" re-opening. Many governors are talking about it, but when they say they've done something, it's "not much" that has any real impact. Your governor has said it might be years before there are any large gatherings. We can't know what's going to opens until it opens and people trust it; there are too many experts providing advice that affect influence not just politicians and media but also the average person's attitudes.

Of course, the "experts" don't like to tell you that their advice is different from what they advised the week before.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

The key word is "partly" re-opening. Many governors are talking about it, but when they say they've done something, it's "not much" that has any real impact. Your governor has said it might be years before there are any large gatherings. We can't know what's going to opens until it opens and people trust it; there are too many experts providing advice that affect influence not just politicians and media but also the average person's attitudes.

Of course, the "experts" don't like to tell you that their advice is different from what they advised the week before.

You sound like me. All Governor Cuomo is talking about is pouring millions of dollars into testing. Testing makes for great graphs and predictions, which have pretty much been all wrong so far, but you can be negative today and catch it positive tomorrow, so what does it really mean? Some states are going to say any time for re-opening is too soon because they are afraid of being second guessed. But staying shutdown takes it's own toll. My dentist has been closed since mid-March and has given 3 different dates to open. Next one is May 15th, but that's only the next tentative review date, so who knows? The "phases" of re-opening and evaluation is slower than a snail here.

NY will be one of the last to re-open if they can manage it, but its getting hairy. I said from the start that if it goes into May there will be problems with public compliance. There are, and just like the horrendous conditions in the subway that they are only now trying to clean up, the side effects from near total closure of the NY economy is going to reach the boiling point before the end of May. I may never get any new cards. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Testing is starting to show that perhaps 50-100 million people in the U.S. have been exposed or have antibodies. This is being spun many ways, but the 2009 Swine Flu infected an estimated 60 million. The difference this time is that it appears it has been very easy to spread by unprotected public transportation and then to people from there who interact with family and others, and it's particularly virulent for people with pre-existing conditions.

My dentist is now open and I have a routine appointment next week. See=Big Grin

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You should count yourself lucky to be in South Carolina. I'm sure you got hit good there too, but NYC was a disaster and a lot of it came from poor management that existed before the crisis and just got worse.

All nursing homes are private and the State didn't even know how many people were dying from it, since the homes didn't want to report it. Hospitals have been closing down all over the boroughs for years because the say they can't make money, so there are really very few left for all of NYC and the 11 public run ones were always the worst staffed and supplied anyway. The MTA and police allowed the subways to go to hell last year when they stopped enforcing fare jumpers and wouldn't chase out the homeless campers. Cops are getting in trouble trying to enforce social distancing now like its a crime. Real crime has started to rise.

The unemployment and social services was always unequal. Some people get it that shouldn't and some people are denied when they should. Nobody wants to pay any bills now because half don't have the money and the other half just think that the landlords, utilities, Banks and credit cards should forgive the payments. There is a whole host of issues you could go down, but now they just say we were overwhelmed and its not our fault, so give us billions to fix it. Like the billions are going to go where they belong. Big Grin

And very few people will be allowed to go back to work, as Cuomo is still waiting to get into Phase 1 of re-opening. There are no easy answers because he's right about one thing. Everything stopped on a dime, but it can't turn on the same way.

I don't know what its like in SC, but I suspect it's better. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Unstoppable has any planned releases for 2020 ? Nothing has come out since Avengers in June.

They had at least a half dozen sets each year, prior to 2020. I know, this is not a typical year...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Does anyone know if Unstoppable has any planned releases for 2020 ? Nothing has come out since Avengers in June.

They had at least a half dozen sets each year, prior to 2020. I know, this is not a typical year...

Their website says that they expect to launch a new website & offers on 27th September 2020. So sometime in November.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Has anyone heard from UK dealer Mitchy ? He had exclusive promos on most Unstoppable sets in the past. My friend has tried several times to contact him using valid emails and through ebay, but with no success.

posted Hide Post
Just off topic pic of my new Predator film custom autograph display.

Click on image to enlarge. Enjoy.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
very nice, i have the Stan Winston one, a treasured item.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie. Been meaning to put this together for a long time. I got the Winston card for 10 dollars. All the other authentic signatures are cuts from other sources.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's great.
I love that movie!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you cardaddict. It's one of my top 5 favorite sci-fi action films as well.

I still screen it a lot. Just can't get enough of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I know Unstoppable have a couple of new licences but with everything going on this year it’s pushed everything back.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post