Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Feb 25 can't come soon enough.
Although I'd really like to know who signed for the set and if there'll be a chance at McGoohan's auto, even if it's a cut-auto.
I'm still amazed that they had Bowie's signature for The Man Who Fell To Earth.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Prisoner is now available for pre-order (set coming in April) but Persuaders' pre-order is delayed until March 18

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went for the Anderson multi box deal. Nothing startling in breakdown. However one anomaly was the Scarlet 50 box I received. The sticker on it was labelled.

"Box 501 of 499"!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pre-orders for Persuaders, delayed once again.

Wonder if it will still come out in June ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now they are saying LATE April for release of the Prisoner. Delayed once again.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Now they are saying LATE April for release of the Prisoner. Delayed once again.

I personally don’t think delays are a problem if it makes for a good set. In the past they got blasted for rushing sets out and inserting redemption cards just so they released it on time. There are a lot of signers who turn their cards around quickly but I’ve known some sit on their cards for weeks. In these cult sets a lot of signers are very old and won’t be rushed no matter how much they’re pestered. I think it’s better that they take their time and get it right, especially as it’s the last set that Roger Moore signed for.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable says that 1,250 boxes will be made on Prisoner.

300 sketches.

20 plus autos and cut autos to collect.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unstoppable says that 1,250 boxes will be made on Prisoner.

300 sketches.

20 plus autos and cut autos to collect.

That's a much lower insertion rate on sketches than I was expecting. I was disappointed to miss out on the pre-sale as I was away from home but now not so unhappy.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So roughly 1 sketch per 4 boxes ?

What has it been in the past with other Unstoppable sets ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
So roughly 1 sketch per 4 boxes ?

What has it been in the past with other Unstoppable sets ?

The last two I opened were Terminator 2 which was a sketch in every box and Best of British Horror which had six or seven sketches per ten box case.

Main reason I was surprised was that I had a pre-sale e-mail in February while I was away that said sketches would be at least one in every two boxes.

Update : Just had a look on their Facebook page and they announced yesterday a " premium only sketches policy " which I assume is why there are less sketches than originally advertised.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

they announced yesterday a " premium only sketches policy " which I assume is why there are less sketches than originally advertised.

Like all art it is very subjective. One person may feel a sketch is premium quality but another may feel it is not and may not even like it.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
What was their last sketch policy called? "No talent, no problem." Big Grin

Reminds me of when it says "new and improved". I always wonder what I was buying before. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Or "under new management"

Is that a concession that the store or restaurant had problems before ?

posted Hide Post
I was just perusing Ebay and noticed that there are several new Unstoppable auto cards from UFO and Space 1999.

There are two new Wanda Ventham auto cards and one Catherine Schell/Maya peering from behind a rock formation. Would love to have an auto card of Schell as the Guardian of Piri.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are alot of mysterious new Unstoppable items that seem to be surfacing on ebay. I guess these are cards being sent to dealers as incentives

I see a brand new, 2018 Thunderbirds 4 card stamp set. They seem to be selling in the $150 range

Also, as mentioned down in the Promo section, three 6 card "preview" sets on T-Birds, UFO and Space 1999, new for 2018. Totally different from what came out last year. Each set numbered to 100.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

posted Hide Post
These are from a recent Yearset pack. Contained 3x6card promo sets (Thunderbirds, UFO and Space 1999), two past autograph cards, one past sketch card, one new stamp card, one Maya CS3 autocard, one Wanda UFO autocard (two different designs) and one of either:
Jane Merrow Saint autocard or
Aimi McDonald Saint autocard or
Angela Douglas Avengers autocard.

Plus two archive boxes from past 2017 releases.

I have one pack unopened, if anyone is interested. PM me for details. Happy to sell or trade. Bought for someone else that let me down.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prisoner coming 3rd May.
........maybe?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Prisoner IS coming out this week !

posted Hide Post
Yep, mine are currently winging their way through our less than perfect postal system.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know any of the named signers in the Persuaders set ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post