Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Honor Blackman was close to 40 when she did Goldfinger. Avengers were only a couple of years before, so she wasn't that young to begin with, and that particular hairstyle is dated. I agree it's not a flattering photo on the box, but the B/W picture on her autograph card is somewhat better.

I don't really know how see looked in the series, but I guess it was good enough to be cast as ***** Galore. Big Grin

Honor Blackman joined the filming of 'Goldfinger' immediately after completing her final Avengers show. She had been a big hit in the show and was no doubt the reason why she was cast as Ms Galore, in fact it's mentioned in the film by Connery -'...who taught you Judo?'.

The early shows were shot cheaply on videotape, usually completely in a small studio. The later shows (Rigg/Thorson) were shot on film with the whole production re-geared for the international market, which is why those are the ones most people are familiar with.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Hmm? Pretty sure the book came out before his death actually!

Hmmm, pretty sure he died in Jan 2016 and Unstoppable released the book Sep 2016 actually!! Get your facts right Wink

I did say pretty sure. No need to get nasty. TBH I thought Bowie died early 2017, not 2016. My mistake.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Thanks for the clarification. So would you have an idea or estimate of just how many of those cards she did sign at the event, for Unstoppable and/or the public?

I honestly can't remember how many she signed, there were enough to insert 1 per case, except for 2 which had the Ian Hendry cuts, and the 5 sketches also went in the boxes. No-one knows how many of the organisers cards she signed.

They had some great guests there that weekend, I took my son with me and Jason from Showmasters walked him to the front of every queue to get signed autographs from all his favourite actors, think we ended up with about 20 signed photos!! I just remember Diana Rigg being very impressed with the sketch cards, couldn't believe an artist could do a masterpiece on a card that small!! Oh and we had a family photo with David Tenant which was the icing on the cake for the kids!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the description and info. I can picture her looking at sketch cards for the first time. We follow the card hobby and various other collectible markets, but celebrities often don't, just like most people. So if they get to a show or signing, they are often presented with pictures, cards, dolls, plates, home made displays and various forms of memorabilia that they don't even know have been made. You know what they're thinking. Big Grin Thanks again. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me that Avengers is not out now until August 12

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
That's what is says on their web-page, along with two different prices for a single display box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So about 30 odd signatures, loads of duplicate variants and around 8 or 9 that won't be going anywhere near the boxes!
What a manipulative s&£%show, 'business' as usual!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The website says that the first 100 orders for Avengers get an exclusive auto, and 2 foil cards which are part of a set that will continue with the Series 2 and Series 3 releases, in the future.

Any pictures of these foil cards ?

I guess I missed out on these, as I did not order yet and I am sure that 100 people have already placed theirs....

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone ever found the cut signature card of Dolores Mantez, Lt. Nina Barry from UFO card release? Was curious what it looked like.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is Avengers still coming August 12, or will it be delayed ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Is Avengers still coming August 12, or will it be delayed ?

The cards are now turning up on ebay.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The next Unstoppable set has been announced on Facebook...

Space 1999 SERIES 3 - The Ultimate Collection SET in a BOX!

ARE YOU READY? Out smallest ever release of just 200 Factory Sets, each to contain a COMPLETE FIFTEEN 15+ Autograph Cards Set inside EVERY BOX plus new 54 card Behind the scenes base set and a Sketch card inside too.

This is a strictly pre-order only item, from THIS SUNDAY AT 6PM

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
This is a strictly pre-order only item, from THIS SUNDAY AT 6PM

How much?

Oh never mind, I got it. Full details tomorrow. It's going to be tough to make this attractive with 2 series already out and only 3 available signers that I consider good. I'm not counting Landau of course. If the price makes it a good package deal that's one thing. If it's going at an ultra premium set price, it's another.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It is now saying each box will contain 20 autographs, 1 sketch and a base set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A typical box sold through the Unstoppable website costs $ 90 or so to the U.S., and that has 1 or 2 autos, correct ?

What is this one going to cost, $ 300-400 ?

The recent Avengers had about 1500 boxes made, and this one has only 200 ?

posted Hide Post
Nice enough idea, depending on how greedy the price point is. Anything under the normal cost of a case (around 500-600) would be surprising. I'd consider this if it weren't that I just don't trust the company and particularly Barrie anymore.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thing is, they'll price it as if all the autographs are worth a decent amount each, when we all know 18/20 will be worth 5 bucks a piece.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep, retail cost £500.

Real value 250/300 ish, if lucky. Barring screw ups, and finessing of the truth, as usual.

One top auto (100 of each) around £70/80.
Two collectables (around £50)
Two new signers that you'll pick up for £15
15 pocket fillers of folk already signed time and again/you never heard of/blink and miss extras/any old pucker with an equity card!

Super, whizzo, fantastic, fan dabby dozy hot hits. Pull the other one.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I still couldn't find the price, but if it is 500 pounds, that puts it at over $600 for me. I did see the latest ad, which still says more signers to follow, but ordering is live in four days and it's far from Ultimate right now.

There is no mention of Nick Tate and Catherine Schnell yet. Besides Bain, they are the next most important living cast members to me. They should be prominent in the ad if they are in it, and they have to be in it.

Also there are two separate signed cards for Bain at 1/100. There are 200 boxes. So your Ultimate set contains one of the other, but not both. You will still be missing one Bain autograph.

Of the other signers listed, only David Prowse stands out as someone I could use. So if it's over $600, it's no contest for me at the present construction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Who in the world would spend $ 600 on 1 box of this ?

I wonder if the usual 15 or 16 dealers who usually carry all of the Unstoppable products will have this, or will they pass ?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Also there are two separate signed cards for Bain at 1/100. There are 200 boxes. So your Ultimate set contains one of the other, but not both. You will still be missing one Bain autograph.

There is also a Bain case topper auto so unless you buy a case of boxes you will not have them all.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post