Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable just posted on Facebook that details on UFO Series 2 will be given next week

"Very limited and pre-orders are essential"

Cards are coming in late Feb or early March

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates on this set?

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Unstoppable website does not even mention the 2019 UFO set

The last Facebook update was on Jan 18.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their Facebook page stated that details would be posted last week for a late Feb-early March release. Nothing has been updated since that statement.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable sometimes has a tendency to announce things only 2 weeks or so before the actual release, a last minute thing.

Then they will claim that the card set is SUPER limited, and that you'd better order immediately or else you will miss out on it !

From what I can see, boxes of most of their 2018 sets are still available, aside from The Prisoner.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tommy C, you're quite right on how they do things. I don't pre-buy anything. I try to find out what's being released and then cherry pick the autos I want once they're posted to Ebay. I was hoping they got Antonia Ellis to sign for this set so I could have the two prominent ladies from Moonbase. I already have the Gabrielle Drake auto. Obviously no Dolores Mantez since she passed many years ago unless they can get some cut signatures.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And then the next step is that they release a Year Set or a Christmas Set (usually twice a year) with certain autos that they set aside, which are limited to only 5 or 10 in existence, that no one can reasonably acquire. Frown

The recent Christmas set had Saint and Persuaders autos like that, I believe, ones limited to only 5 or 10. So then someone who bought the Saint and/or Persuaders a few months before that, has little chance of completing their collection !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable posted on Facebook today (Feb 15) that they are looking for artists to do sketch cards for UFO Series 2 and Thunderbirds Series 2, so does that mean UFO is not coming in March, like originally announced ? Unless maybe there will be a quick turn around.

posted Hide Post
Unstoppable really are showing themselves to be quite amateur hour to be honest. My recent dealings over the Christmas deal have made me realise this finally and nope, no more.
I'm done with them.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too Spencer Quist

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This company has made terrible decisions recently. Cut-Autographs in boxes that were never included were promised at various past series. Even as a dealer a minus business. As a collector an absolute disaster.

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ledmax:
This company has made terrible decisions recently. Cut-Autographs in boxes that were never included were promised at various past series. Even as a dealer a minus business. As a collector an absolute disaster.

I agree, too many times the pre- sale is much better than what actually comes out. Always less sketches and changes and the last minute. False advertising

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable website has been updated for UFO

Says UFO Series 2 is PRE ORDER ONLY, starting Feb 24, through the Unstoppable website

"4 huge hits in every box-- An Industry First in the UK !"

What does pre-order only mean ? No dealers will have these cards ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I guess it means dealers/customers can only order this product from Feb 24 until when it is officially released, so it will not be sold on their website after the release.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Each sealed limited box contains a full 36 cards base set and 4 valuable, unique hot cards, including at least 3 autograph cards plus a SUPERHOT autograph card or rare sketch art new premium sketch or cut auto"

posted Hide Post
Looking at the content of UFO2, it's hardly inspiring. Rather than be an expansion this, like the second set of Space 1999 seems to be a repeat rathercthan an expansion and pretty much pointless. A lot of carry over cards from the first set, repeated designs, a few that have already been issued. I bought heavy with the first set as it was quote "the only set we will produce" unquote. The structure of this (and 1999) seems to indicate that this was always gonna be followed up. In the case of 1999, it was ridiculous not to do an S1 and separate S2 set rather than just repeat the basic set content of an episode guide (yawn!) in BOTH sets. Just boring and unimaginative or plain stupid and amateur. Have supported product in past but I just can't justify it anymore.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So you don't consider the cards to be unique and hot, or in some cases, SUPER HOT ? Smile

I guess you need to wear asbestos gloves to hold some of them !

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
I bought heavy with the first set as it was quote "the only set we will produce" unquote. The structure of this (and 1999) seems to indicate that this was always gonna be followed up.

I always have a hard time getting Unstoppable releases in the manner that I prefer to buy cards, so I have gotten very few over the years. I was therefore struck by your comment not so much as a specific accusation, but as a general one.

Hasn't this become the norm, not for just Unstoppable, but for many card makers now? Collectors are told one thing and then it becomes another without anyone even mentioning it. The "one and only" is never the one and only. There is always a follow up in the works. The only time you aren't getting anymore is if the release totally fails and even then, there is bound to be excess that will get released as bundles or surprise packs.

To me, and it is just my own opinion, these practices just further erode any sense of confidence I have in pre-sale promotion and I don't pre-order anything anymore. I know that UD is backing up traditional products with an e-Pack release. I know that if it says Series 1, something is being held for Series 2. I know that sticker autographs negate any claims of rarity because they can be used to create as many 1/1s, 1/5s, 1/10s, duals, triples, and signed relics as the maker wants. I know that the rarest of signers may open the floodgates at any time.

Collectors have to buy only the cards they want to own and forget about claims of valuable, rare, superhot, unique and whatever other attractive adjectives may show up in print. If you get too burned, don't come back ever again. If you get what was promised, if you are satisfied with what you received, sing the maker's praises everywhere. Collectors can't think they will make money on what they buy blind and card makers can't imply that they will either.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What drives me crazy is how you collect an Unstoppable set, and think that you have it all, and then they subsequently release NEW autos as part of the Year Set or the Christmas set, which are limited to /5 or /10, that no one can reasonably hope to acquire. And these are mostly brand new autos, new signers, not variants on prior autos.

posted Hide Post
Precisely why I went heavy with the first UFO set on the presumption that the 'only release' PR was the truth.
The self same thing was said about The Prisoner set but watch this space. The inclusion of new additional cards in the Christmas deals would seem to indicate work is still in progress. Otherwise, there are portions being withheld that should really be in the product!