Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like this weekend's deal includes 2 new autographs from UFO and The Saint:

Gabrielle Drake auto GB3 (100 signed) (UFO)

Wanda Ventham WV1 (100 signed) (Saint)

Posts: 3997 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was also a new pair of Isla Blair's for The Avengers included earlier but now seem to have disappeared!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep Isla cards there for all to see on Facebook posts but not a mention on the website breakdown.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
The 2 Isla Blair auto cards are limited to 40 each.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The website says that there is also a pre-release EXCLUSIVE auto on Avengers, of Aimi MacDonald. Only 50 made

It appears that all are now SOLD OUT.

However, it says "look for a possible NEW offer next week ! "

Posts: 3997 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable just announced on Facebook, Thunderbirds Series 2, coming in late May or early June

VERY, VERY limited

So what happened to Avengers for May or June ? Guess that is pushed off ?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
But are the hits HOT?

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You need to wear asbestos gloves to open the packs !

posted Hide Post
So Thunderbirds now Set 2 instead of ultimate collection. Ah well. Colour me underwhelmed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Colour me underwhelmed.

Funny, that's their company motto.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I reneged on not buying again and got some UFO. Result: two of the same Derren Nesbitt card in same box, themselves a double of the card I got in another box in same triple deal. Get in touch with customer service i.e. the high and mighty Barrie. So far nothing or silence on the matter.
This company just stinks. The major liability being Barrie himself and his attitude towards anyone apart from dealers that suck up to him and spend shedloads on his substandard product.
Well and truly done. Selling up what I have. Leaves a nasty taste in my collection. Probably get about tuppence ha'penny for the lot!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was announced on Facebook that pre-orders for Thunderbirds 2 begins on May 19, and that Avengers will now be released in July

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Well I reneged on not buying again and got some UFO. Result: two of the same Derren Nesbitt card in same box, themselves a double of the card I got in another box in same triple deal. Get in touch with customer service i.e. the high and mighty Barrie. So far nothing or silence on the matter.
This company just stinks. The major liability being Barrie himself and his attitude towards anyone apart from dealers that suck up to him and spend shedloads on his substandard product.
Well and truly done. Selling up what I have. Leaves a nasty taste in my collection. Probably get about tuppence ha'penny for the lot!
Spencer, if there are any Harryhausen cards in your collection please let me know and I'll happily take them off your hands Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly not. I didn't get any in any of the deals. Plenty of wrappers for the packets that had to be dropped though!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have always found Barrie and Jason polite and responsive although on occasion Barrie has been forgetful but always apologetic when prompted. I am not a dealer and if I do buy any cards from Unstoppable it is usually never more than a box and a binder. Having not partaken of any of their recent offerings this time I did and I was quite happy with what I received although unusually no promo cards were included. I did not have any of the six Autograph cards I received and the Dr Who box contained two more plus a film cell card.

regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi, I just wanted to say that I’m no longer a director of Unstoppable Cards. I got involved initially to start Unstoppable with Barrie and Steve but only left because the workload was too much for me as I had other businesses I was trying to run

It’s not easy trying to chase signers who don’t want to be chased, travelling all over the place to collect autographs just so you can release a product on time, emailing numerous artists as many packages get lost, artists miss the deadline due to other commitments, so you find you suddenly have to get more sketch cards to make up for the shortfall.

People have to remember it’s a business, not a public service that needs to bow down to pedantic collectors

After the pressures of releasing the product as near as dammit to the projected date, you then find that the autograph signer you couldn’t get hold of has actually been on holiday and their cards turn up, the artist who couldn’t make the deadline sends their cards in, lost cards suddenly turn up. Barrie still pays them

And so these then get released as these people still need to be paid, there’s always extra autographs left from the product so why not put s package together, it always sells out so makes perfect business sense. Why not release the late cards, if you had to bin them all then you’d make losses which aren’t good for any company

Barrie works hard to keep getting these products out and in the meantime there are always royalties, license fees, artists and signers to be paid.

Unfortunately no-one is perfect and a lot of problems actually occur at the printers but people will still direct their frustration at Unstoppable.

I’m sorry but I’m not going to sit here reading petty comments and say nothing when I know just how much pressure Barrie and Steve are under to get these products out there. They’re both successful businessmen and could easily turn their hand to something else but still keep coming up with great products when a number of manufacturers have disappeared

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Wright:

I’m sorry but I’m not going to sit here reading petty comments and say nothing when I know just how much pressure Barrie and Steve are under to get these products out there.

/QUOTE]

Well said Jason, nice to hear the other side of the coin for a change. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Different people. Different experiences.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not, nor has it ever been (for anyone rational at least), the complicated web of red tape and responsibilities that are exactly the same for every other manufacturer, that has been the source of anyone's problems with Unstoppable. Just like it's not for the things that Topps, Upper Deck, and others, routinely do wrong. Nobody blames them for the things which are out of their control and affect everyone in the business equally.

("If you don't like it, don't buy", I believe is the generic - and irrelevant - internet response here)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
People have to remember it’s a business, not a public service

This is the important take-away here, and the very thing that makes all those "they're doing it for the collectors, so be grateful" arguments people love to throw around, patently false. It's nice to see someone who has/had a foot in the industry, say this "out loud", so to speak.