Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Regarding Peter Wyngarde, hopefully there is an auto card as Stewart Kirby from the episode "EPIC"

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Regarding Peter Wyngarde, hopefully there is an auto card as Stewart Kirby from the episode "EPIC"

"It was Hell Mother!" Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Didn't Diana Rigg sign one of the hard to find Avengers show promo cards about 8-10 years ago ? There was some discussion of it here on Card Talk. The unsigned version of the card seems to be more common.

UPDATE: The card I am referring to above was from 2011. See this link

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....347071576#5347071576

Will Avengers really ship July 25 ? A few dealers told me that they have not yet received order information for it...

Unstoppable produced a unique card for Showmasters which they sold at the event and Diana Rigg signed for collectors. Diana Rigg also signed 5 sketch cards which went in the set. I think dealer info going out today, wholesale normally sells out in 24 hours so I’d imagine will still ship at the end of the month.

Yes, that's the only official Emma Peel card I remember ever hearing she actually signed. Unstoppable only obtained it because they went to the show and paid her autograph price, like anyone else I believe. I have wondered if she even knew what the intent was. Big Grin

There have been blank cards and the gold facsimile signature cards as noted, and quite right she did not do GoT either. Just not interested I guess. But I still have some pretty old books on the Avengers some place, behind the scenes, episode guides and such. No question she did not want to play Emma Peel. She left on her own after her second season, when it was in primetime on the American market, and it lasted over here just one more season with Tara King before it was taken off. Reruns of all three seasons sporadically played well into the 80s.

Unstoppable never paid her autograph price, was part of a deal done with the organiser which is why they had special promo and autograph cards made for the event. I went to the event to meet her and she signed the sketch cards, the organiser would have paid her a fee to be there regardless of how many cards she signed

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This will mean pink pages, Kirby" LOL

It's in my top 5 favorite Avengers episodes. My brother and I watch it all the time.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Looking at the ads for this set i must say i am impressed with the number of people they have got to sign on card autographs. There is so much work involved in getting just a few people signed up so to get this many and on time deserves some recognition so well done to all involved. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unstoppable never paid her autograph price, was part of a deal done with the organiser which is why they had special promo and autograph cards made for the event. I went to the event to meet her and she signed the sketch cards, the organiser would have paid her a fee to be there regardless of how many cards she signed

Thanks for the clarification. So would you have an idea or estimate of just how many of those cards she did sign at the event, for Unstoppable and/or the public?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's in my top 5 favorite Avengers episodes. My brother and I watch it all the time.

I'm getting very small photos, but if it's the one I think it is, it's from A Touch of Brimstone. Epic was more fun, but the Hell Fire Club and Emma's outfit probably get more views.

The Cybernauts were in my top episodes, then The Man-Eater of Surrey Green, The Hidden Tiger and my favorite, The Superlative Seven. I watch them all again every so often. Smile

Speaking of The Superlative Seven, young Donald Sutherland and Charlotte Rampling guest stars. Probably hard to get him, but she signed for Dexter.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm getting very small photos, but if it's the one I think it is, it's from A Touch of Brimstone. Epic was more fun, but the Hell Fire Club and Emma's outfit probably get more views.

The Cybernauts were in my top episodes, then The Man-Eater of Surrey Green, The Hidden Tiger and my favorite, The Superlative Seven. I watch them all again every so often. Smile

Speaking of The Superlative Seven, young Donald Sutherland and Charlotte Rampling guest stars. Probably hard to get him, but she signed for Dexter.

Love the Cybernauts, Superlative Seven, EPIC, The Winged Avenger, Escape in Time, Game, Get-Away.
Speaking of Superlative Seven, the 50th Anniversary auto release of the Brian Blessed card is erroneously identified as Mark Dayton instead of his character from The Morning After - Sergeant Hearn. Mark Dayton is the character he played in Superlative Seven which was much cooler. Would love to have a Charlotte Rampling Avengers Auto!

By the way, Donald Sutherland did sign autographed cards for the 2011 In The Game Canadiana hockey cards, since he was born in Canada. It is the only official autograph signing that he's done to my knowledge.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Weren't the last Pat cards plain white background like the rest of the set?

Those were the for the 50th set, the colour one (AVPM) is a dealer only one from 'Women of the Avengers' set.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, that's the only official Emma Peel card I remember ever hearing she actually signed. Unstoppable only obtained it because they went to the show and paid her autograph price, like anyone else I believe. I have wondered if she even knew what the intent was. Big Grin

Diana Rigg signed for the 'Women of the Avengers' set (in packs). Very, very scarce though. I've also seen a Strictly Ink series 1 Diana Rigg card signed, although it was never officially released.

https://www.nslists.com/avengwom.htm

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the "book promo card" that comes with all orders ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
What is the "book promo card" that comes with all orders ?

I believe Unstoppable have the licence to produce some books similar I presume to the David Bowie books they issued, Bowie was originally going to sign the books after the Man Who Fell to Earth Set but unfortunately passed away, I think the book promo will be to promote the new books.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm? Pretty sure the book came out before his death actually!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at the photo of the box for Avengers, why did they use an image of Honor Blackman that makes her look very old, IMHO ?

She looks younger in "Goldfinger" (1964), and that was after the Avengers !

Anyone else notice this, and/or agree ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looking at the photo of the box for Avengers, why did they use an image of Honor Blackman that makes her look very old, IMHO ?

She looks younger in "Goldfinger" (1964), and that was after the Avengers !

Anyone else notice this, and/or agree ?

Honor Blackman was close to 40 when she did Goldfinger. Avengers were only a couple of years before, so she wasn't that young to begin with, and that particular hairstyle is dated. I agree it's not a flattering photo on the box, but the B/W picture on her autograph card is somewhat better.

Prior to the Emma Peel era, the Avengers were not broadcast in America. All reruns were the last 3 seasons, so the only time I saw any of the Cathy Gale episodes was on an old VHS with 3 or 4 shows. They may have shown them later on or even be running them now, since we have a BBC channel and everything is streaming everywhere, buy I don't subscribe to much. I don't really know how see looked in the series, but I guess it was good enough to be cast as ***** Galore. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, in 1962-1964, Honor was 37-39 when she did Avengers. Not that old, but the image on the box gives her alot of wrinkles, and makes her look 10 years older, in my opinion.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Hmm? Pretty sure the book came out before his death actually!

Hmmm, pretty sure he died in Jan 2016 and Unstoppable released the book Sep 2016 actually!! Get your facts right Wink

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the clarification. So would you have an idea or estimate of just how many of those cards she did sign at the event, for Unstoppable and/or the public?

I honestly can't remember how many she signed, there were enough to insert 1 per case, except for 2 which had the Ian Hendry cuts, and the 5 sketches also went in the boxes. No-one knows how many of the organisers cards she signed.

They had some great guests there that weekend, I took my son with me and Jason from Showmasters walked him to the front of every queue to get signed autographs from all his favourite actors, think we ended up with about 20 signed photos!! I just remember Diana Rigg being very impressed with the sketch cards, couldn't believe an artist could do a masterpiece on a card that small!! Oh and we had a family photo with David Tenant which was the icing on the cake for the kids!!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sketch artist was I believe Andy Fry. One of the best in the business IMO.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
The sketch artist was I believe Andy Fry. One of the best in the business IMO.

There was also a sketch by Don Pedicini Jr and 2 by Wu Wei, 4 of the sketches were used to make the 50th Anniversary preview set, there may have been one by Seeber as well.