Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Does anyone know any of the named signers in the Persuaders set ?

They've got some images on the website but the only I know is Roger Moore. I can't read the names of the other 3 shown.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From their Facebook page, I think Derren Nesbitt and Margaret Nolan have been mentioned, perhaps Catherine Schell too if I remember correctly.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suzanna Leigh and Gary Raymond as well as Margaret Nolan feature in publicity shots on Facebook alongside the TWO Roger Moore cards that have been done. There's been quite a continuing delay on this one!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me that they heard that Persuaders is delayed, and that Space 1999 is actually coming out first, in June

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No updates on any new cards coming in June or July. Nothing on the website about pre-orders

Last update was regarding The Prisoner, which came out about a month ago

Anyone hear anything about when the Prisoner binders will ship ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Binders should be out next week with a facsimile auto

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
My Prisoner binder arrived today! Smile

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah got mine too. So the "three card set centring on McGoohan" is now reduced to a single solitary white on black facsimile card? Got some web promos but they were advertised otherwise included anyway.

Space 1999 set in July apparently.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen "you know where" an unreleased version of the Prisoner promo WEB1

The regular black and white WEB1 is totally different, in terms of the photo

But back in Feb, Unstoppable advertised on their site that with each order of a Prisoner product directly from them, you'd get an assortment of WEB promos. The website showed a photo of the Prisoner WEB promo that you were supposed to get (which apparently no one did) and notably it was this "unreleased" one which has now surfaced

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pre-orders are now up for Space 1999

1299 boxes made

Boxes include a 36 card base set and chase

Binders limited to 199. They contain exclusive facsimile autos

Cards to be released July 9

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Exclusive facsimile autos? Yeah, that's one way of putting it. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More info.

Each box has 3 autos or 2 autos and a sketch or a rare cut auto

First 75 orders placed get exclusive Julian Glover and Isla Blair autos

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just looked at Unstoppable's website

New Space 1999 box. Total cost with shipping to the USA, about $ 99. Seems like alot to me

All orders supposedly get 5 brand new WEB promos

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

New Space 1999 box. Total cost with shipping to the USA, about $ 99. Seems like alot to me

Ooh i dunno, we have certain usa ebay sellers wanting to charge us that much to send a $1 promo to the uk. Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
...New Space 1999 box. Total cost with shipping to the USA, about $ 99. Seems like alot to me...

Price of the box from the site is ~£60/$80.
Airmail post and packing ~$20, which seems about right to me if tracking/insurance is included.

The boxes seem twice as expensive as what I think they are worth considering the amount of 'supporting artists' autograph cards included in the product.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I thought that it was cheaper last year when I bought The Saint and Terminator boxes

Maybe I am wrong

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
For some reason, I thought that it was cheaper last year when I bought The Saint and Terminator boxes

Maybe I am wrong

The exchange rate changes all the time, but the value of the GBP against the US dollar has risen ~10% over the last year.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe I am wrong

I would have thought that the exchange rate was is your favour at the moment (welcome) to our problem buying US products. But the cost of a box has certainly risen in £.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable has had 5 releases so far this year

Four Feathers, Secret Service, and Captain Scarlet back in Feb. Prisoner in May, Space 1999 in July

I believe they are still planning the next UFO, Thunderbirds, and Persuaders

Does anyone know which set is next, and what the timetable is for release, i.e. what months they are coming ?

Unfortunately, very often Unstoppable doesn't tell you these things until a few weeks before release, via Facebook announcement

posted Hide Post
Plus some form of 'yearset' that was scheduled at same time as 1999 but put back now until Autumn.