Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So you don't consider the cards to be unique and hot, or in some cases, SUPER HOT ? Smile

I guess you need to wear asbestos gloves to hold some of them !

I have as much faith in the "super hot" description as I do in the similar "premium sketch insertion" rhetoric that we have had recently. No disrespect to all the sketchers, but I've had far from premium sketch pulls in those releases. In fact, I'd go as far as say one or two complete clunkers!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Almost nothing in Unstoppable press releases has ever been true.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to be quite jokingly cruel earlier and say something along the lines of-

Don't forget the inevitable weeks delay because of:
Us not being ready
Us doing much more
Us not being prepared
Us not having the slightest clue and spell checking everything after previous grammar disasters!

Today's FB post - guess what folks! Yet another launch put back a week!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same s...as ever

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They claim the delay on pre-orders for UFO (now to March 3) is due to

"adding new Actors signing for this new series and even more insert bonus cards...This is so we can inform you over the coming days of everything in the web exclusive offers and deals."

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...the web exclusive offers and deals."

Which never end up being exclusive because they hold loads of cards back and chuck them at dealers in extra incentive packs.

Unless it's a big name. Then they hold a load back so that in a future set, preferably after said name has died, they can cut out the autograph from the card, and put it in a new "cut signature" card. Which is of course now super rare and a MASSIVE hit.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember a few years ago on the Dr.Who set, they claimed there was going to be an exclusive promo card that you could only get if you did something through Twitter. Later we were told, the card was cancelled.

And in 2018, they advertised "web exclusive" promos if you placed an order for boxes on certain sets, but as it turned out, some of these promos were NOT new, they were WEB promos that were previously offered, which we already had ! Sneaky.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lies, damned lies, broken promises and such. I've bitten my tongue for quite some time now. Still due stuff from several sets back. Guess that is an empty hope. Back to the bad old days of Strictly Ink sadly. The connection? Barrie
While there are others now connected with Unstoppable, it is Barrie that is the millstone around their neck. IMHO Should have really drew the line when at a convention while he was running Strictly Ink; his responce to a perfectly reasonable enquiry was to shout "oh **** off" at the top of his voice.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me he heard that UFO will be out around March 24.

posted Hide Post
Here's the auto list:

Ayshea Brough - Shado Operative AB1 AB2 AB3 AB4
Wanda Ventham - COl. Virginia Lake - WV1 WV2 WV3
Mike Trim - - Special Effects Designer -MT1
Tessa Wyatt - Catherine Frazer - TW2 TW3
Gary Raymond - Col. John Grey - GR1 GR2
Christian Roberts - Tim Redman -CR1
Jane Merrow - Josephine Fraser - JM1 JM2 JM3
Shane Rimmer - Lt. Bill Johnson -SR1 SR2
Gary Files - Phil Wade - GF1
Derren Nesbitt - Colonel Craig Collins - DN1 DN2 DN3
Jeremy Wilkin - JW1- Lt. Gordon Maxwell (Ultra Rare 1/10)
Penny Spencer - Janis - PS1 PS2
Susan Jameson - Anne Stone - SJ1 SJ2
Michael Jayston - Russell Stone - MJ1 MJ2 MJ3
Matt Zimmerman- Co-Pilot Jim - MZ1
Stephan Chase - Film Director -SC1
Gabrielle Drake - Lt. Gay Ellis - GD1 GD2 GD3
Georgina Moon - Lt. Sylvia Howell - GM1 GM2

No doubt the cases will be saturated with Shane Rimmer, Mike Trim and Gary Files as per usual.

posted Hide Post
I thought Rittenhouse had milked Bond for all it was worth, at least the results weren't bad.
This lot! Well it seems they are wringing all they can and just reproducing what they have already covered pretty well. So we get Avengers Complete (series 1!?! FFS like they haven't done every connotation already) in May. Complete Thunderbirds (already pretty much covered) in July. And, as if one set and a pretty much identical set weren't enough we have the Complete Space 1999 in September.
This company really is a very unfunny joke. I would say third rate but not sure they even reach that.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The email from them says that all on line orders receive EXCLUSIVE

3 Ultimate Thunderbirds preview cards
3 Avengers Complete Collection preview cards

PLUS an Ultimate Space 1999 teaser set

The above is supposedly limited to 99 sets

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1 box of UFO with shipping to the U.S. comes to about $ 94.00

They really get you on the shipping, which alone is about $ 33.00 of the 94.00 !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

They really get you on the shipping, which alone is about $ 33.00 of the 94.00 !

That's the problem UK buyers face when buying from USA which is why I don't any more Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
That's the problem UK buyers face when buying from USA which is why I don't any more Frown .

Yes the unreasonable shipping costs work both ways, but with the majority of card makers being US based and many eBay card sellers located in the US, it inhibits foreign/non-US buyers a lot more.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Must be a conspiracy.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Must be a conspiracy.

It's revenge. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah sadly Unstoppable seem to be the only UK card producer now too.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's where you find a Friendly Dealer who stocks the product in the US, or comes to shows like the Chicago and Philly Non-Sport Card Shows.

Overseas shipping sucks, no good way to ship for small to mid sized businesses. No discounts unless you ship 10+ packages a day.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
"...the web exclusive offers and deals."

Then they hold a load back so that in a future set, preferably after said name has died, they can cut out the autograph from the card, and put it in a new "cut signature" card. Which is of course now super rare and a MASSIVE hit.

I did see a Space:1999 Series 1 Barbara Bain card that was cut and added to a cut Martin Landau signature, to make a dual signature card. This card was in the Series 2 release.

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post