Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I guessing about the same numbers as Lost Worlds or My Favourite Martian. Four Feathers and Secret Service are niche and don't hold the same demand as say Thunderbirds or Space 1999.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Saint, coming in December.

Limited to 100 cases

Roger Moore autos.

Says up to 25 diff autos in the set.

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Four Feather Falls and Secret Service are being released in 1 box, only 500 boxes made.

Says "two super 18 card sets", so not sure if that means 2 base sets of 18 each ?

Also, sketches and autos.

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now they are saying the release is this:

Capt Scarlet 50th

The Saint

Four Feather Falls / Secret Service (double set)

Space 1999

UFO Series 2

posted Hide Post
Some great Preview Pic Dance

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release dates given

The Saint-- Dec 16

Capt Scarlet-- Jan 26

Secret Service / Four Feathers-- Feb 24

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Let's hope the hype and promises are kept with these releases. For the Saint it states "The autograph cards shown may not all appear in Series one, final collation and series one Exact content will be announced prior to shipping on December 16th 2017" so it's guess work when you pre-order

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Let's hope the hype and promises are kept with these releases. For the Saint it states "The autograph cards shown may not all appear in Series one, final collation and series one Exact content will be announced prior to shipping on December 16th 2017" so it's guess work when you pre-order

They have just posted new pictures of many of 'The Saint' autograph cards on their facebook page. There seems to be variant cards of most of them, as well as what looks like cut signatures cards! Plus the inevitable 'Shane Rimmer' and 'Julian Golver' autograph cards, of course.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

as well as what looks like cut signatures cards!

I am seeing it correctly, the cut signatures look like Wanda Ventham & Honor Blackman. I thought cut signatures were only done for people who were no longer living. Confused

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes that's strange Confused
Also only 2-3 Sketch Cards into one Case is not very much.. All Hits are three Autograph's or less possible 2 and 1 Sketch !

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I am seeing it correctly, the cut signatures look like Wanda Ventham & Honor Blackman. I thought cut signatures were only done for people who were no longer living. Confused

That would be the ideal use for cuts, but no, there are plenty of cut signature cards done for living persons. The Final Bond just had the Connery cut card that didn't seem to have much of an impact, considering that Connery would never agree to do Bond autographs.

Cuts for living persons are only valid if authentic signatures can't be obtained on cards, or now on stickers, for some reason. The only problem with that is that you can never tell when a formerly tough signer suddenly decides to go on the autograph circuit. SMG as an example.

Card manufacturers also have done man made cuts from living persons for products like Americana. Some of those people were not even in demand, but it provided for cheap hits with a different look.

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The recent Terminator set had all cut autos of the big names

I wonder why they would release The Saint so close to Christmas. It is going to get lost in the shuffle, as people will be focused on other things, non card related

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A dealer told me that he's not doing Capt. Scarlet, as the first set from early 2016, had zero interest and sales for him.

Maybe it is more popular in the UK

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
A dealer told me that he's not doing Capt. Scarlet, as the first set from early 2016, had zero interest and sales for him.

Maybe it is more popular in the UK

It was a popular show when a lot of UK collectors were younger so yes.

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On The Saint, the Roger Moore auto is 1 per 10 boxes. Not cut, but hand signed. Not bad odds.

Shirley Eaton auto, 1 per 25 boxes.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

as well as what looks like cut signatures cards!

They say there will be cut signatures of Steven Berkoff, Wanda Ventham and Honor Blackman limited to 10 each. There are plenty of previous on-card autograph cards of these actors already.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The Unstoppable website now lists this for a release schedule:

SUMMER

...The Prisoner

They've missed 'The Prisoner' 50th Anniversary, just like 'The Avengers'. The box they have on their advertising has the wrong logo on it, they need to pay closer attention to detail, most Prisoner fans could point the error out.

posted Hide Post
I'm a little skeptical about this Release :/
Roger Moore Autograph into each Case is nice, but they're so much Autograph Cards from him floating around Bond and so on...
Then no final Autograph Checklist from Series one to Date !
Only 2-3 Sketch cards into one Case... all other previous publications had much more Sketch Cards.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ledmax:
Then no final Autograph Checklist from Series one to Date !

I think they said the final checklist would be announced when the product released. All the photos we are seeing may not be in series 1, some will be for series 2. I realise this does not help you decide to buy some now.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh boy that's not easy...maybe they held some good Autographs back... who knows Confused