Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
So there isn't a second (Suzanna Leigh) autograph as part of the case topper now, with no card added to make up for the shortfall apparently.
Since the original advertising claimed the Dave Prowse card as the case topper (which the card still states!) this is particularly disappointing. Thought it was just delayed but seems not.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At least 8 different dealer exclusive promos (from 6 different dealers) so far. Hopefully there won't be 40 diff like with UFO and Space 1999 !

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Unstoppable website now lists this for a release schedule:

MAY

Gerry Anderson TV (Stingray, Fireball, Joe 90, Supercar) Is this 1 set or 4 diff ones ? Unclear. Website shows 4 diff boxes

SUMMER

Terminator 2

The Saint

The Persuaders

The Prisoner

WINTER

The Avengers

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Gerry Anderson TV (Stingray, Fireball, Joe 90, Supercar) Is this 1 set or 4 diff ones ? Unclear. Website shows 4 diff boxes

Terminator 2

The Saint

The Persuaders

The Prisoner

The Avengers

Adjusted to be more realistic.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do we know if those new Gerry Anderson sets are 4 diff sets or 1 ?

Website shows 4 boxes. Could they possibly have 4 sets come out all at once ?

Last year, 2016, they had a ton of stuff come out--- Capt Scarlet, Space 1999, UFO, My Favorite Martian, Gerry Anderson.

In 2015, I think they just had 3 sets-- Dr. Who, Man Who Fell to Earth and Thunderbirds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

posted Hide Post
As far as I know, all four coming at once. Cases will hold all four or buy your favourite individually.
Not as fussed on these as the other Anderson sets but may see what the contents are. Can't be many options for the autograph cards?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Can't be many options for the autograph cards?

Shane Rimmer can sign a LOT of cards Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well yes, while he was involved with Joe 90, I don't think had any involvement with the other three.

posted Hide Post
Okay hive mind, my memory is sketchy but do others remember that one of the pitches of the Horror preview set was that it featured all exclusive signers that weren't gonna be in the final set.
So how come both Paul Scottman AND Judy Matheson turn up in this set too?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Facebook, the next set they mention is Terminator, coming in late July

No mention of the Gerry Anderson sets on Facebook, from what I can see, but the website itself says May 2017

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According the the Unstoppable site, pre-orders for the Gerry Anderson sets start May 29

Stingray, Supercar, Joe 90, Fireball XL5 all coming in late JUNE

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like these 4 new sets may be like British Horror, as they are advertised by Unstoppable as being "factory sets of 54 cards" (each of the 4) and with each you're guaranteed the set of 6 silver foil cards

Plus, you get other random stuff in there-- sketches, autos, printing plates, etc

1,599 of each box made

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sets look nice, but it's 1 OR 2 hits per box. So some boxes, at high prices, are going to have nothing more than one $5 autograph of a signer who's signed 142 times for them already. Design looks nice, but as always, return on a box is very, very poor.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see they have an offer, if you buy 3 of the sets next week, you get the 4th one free

Wonder how much they will be, comparable to British Horror ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 4 Gerry Anderson sets are now scheduled for July 5th release

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Gerry Anderson sets came out 2 weeks ago, and at least 12 UK dealers have exclusive promos on them.

Unstoppable just updated its Facebook page to say that Terminator 2 is coming late August, and that it will be "very, very limited"

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Four Feather Falls!!, a bit of a come down from the Terminator. Wink

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've spoken to a few UK dealers, and they told me that Terminator was a bust. From one $ 90 box you get the base set and the 9 foils, but the "hit" is underwhelming, and the rare cut autos are impossible to pull.

As a result, it seems like this one is not selling very well, and dealers seem to be stuck with alot of unsold product, unfortunately. Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I've spoken to a few UK dealers, and they told me that Terminator was a bust. From one $ 90 box you get the base set and the 9 foils, but the "hit" is underwhelming, and the rare cut autos are impossible to pull.

As a result, it seems like this one is not selling very well, and dealers seem to be stuck with alot of unsold product, unfortunately. Frown

You actually got three " hits " from a box. One was a common autograph but the other two were either a print plate or film cell, and a sketch, the vast majority of which are nice quality.

Also $90 is the price if bought direct from the manufacturer retail, most dealers got theirs for rather less and are selling them for less.

I would agree that dealers have been left with a lot of unsold base, chase, and low end autographs but that happens with the vast majority of Non Sport releases.

Certainly this release was most attractive to sketch card collectors.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The recent Facebook post by Unstoppable says that in Nov, they're doing Four Feather Falls, Secret Service, and Capt. Scarlet, and that this set (or sets ?) will be ultra-limited. Unsure what that means.