Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Unstoppable Releases

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/9377003976

December 04, 2021, 10:19 AM
Triple-Frog
Unstoppable Releases
Hammer are responsible for making the inexplicably successful 'On the Buses' films, however some may consider these to be simply too horrific! Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Maybe there is a Reg Varney cut auto in the future Big Grin .
December 08, 2021, 07:10 PM
Jason Wright
Barrie’s hoping to get this out next week, just waiting on a last minute addition to the set!!
December 09, 2021, 05:51 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:

Barrie’s hoping to get this out next week, just waiting on a last minute addition to the set!!



I'm signing as fast as i can. Big Grin

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
December 10, 2021, 05:16 PM
Tommy C
On Facebook, Unstoppable refers to this release as "Hammer Horror Series 1" even though, as was pointed out, the word Horror does not appear on the box itself.

Not to be confused with the British Horror set that they did in 2017.
December 17, 2021, 01:35 PM
Tommy C
I think Hammer might have come out today, Dec 17, at least from what I can see on ebay.
December 17, 2021, 01:58 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I think Hammer might have come out today, Dec 17, at least from what I can see on ebay.


Yes cases are currently arriving with the buyers. You should start to see a lot of activity from now on.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
December 17, 2021, 02:34 PM
Tommy C
Looks like at least 13 or 14 guys will have dealer promos, if my count is correct.

And I think that there will be gold "metal" promos, as well, like on some of the earlier Unstoppable sets from 2021
January 23, 2022, 10:57 PM
space phantom
Does anyone in the community know if Unstoppable has any plans for more Space 1999 autographed cards?

Thank you all in advance.
January 24, 2022, 05:39 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Does anyone in the community know if Unstoppable has any plans for more Space 1999 autographed cards?

Thank you all in advance.


Doubtful.

The last set was billed a just that The Last Set.

Barring coming up with a half dozen new signers, there's not much they haven't covered.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

January 24, 2022, 07:19 AM
Tommy C
I believe that the next Unstoppable set for 2022 is likely to be another Avengers set.
January 25, 2022, 08:03 PM
space phantom
Thank you Scifi Cards and Tommy C.

Since we're talking about Space 1999 you may get a kick of this autograph display I've put together using Unstoppable cards as well as a bunch of authentic custom signature cards.




January 26, 2022, 05:45 AM
wolfie
Those are great, well done. Clap

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
January 26, 2022, 04:02 PM
catskilleagle
That's a fantastic display. What are the larger images in the frames from?

Is that the Moonbase Alpha model from the 70's?
January 26, 2022, 06:44 PM
space phantom
Hi catskilleagle, thank you. The larger images/custom cards are made from original signatures cut from books, postcards, index cards etc. that I collected over the years composited with a small pic from a particular episode. Since some of the guest stars featured in these cards were not available due to some passing on or just did not sign for these Unstoppables releases, I decided to make my own. I had these signatures in my collection for many years and finally found a way to utilize them.

The art in the center of the top auto display is from a dvd documentary cover and the art in the bottom auto display is from a starlog cover. Printed them out on my photo printer and attached everything to the custom mats with transparent photo corners.

The moonbase Alpha kit is a re-release of the 70s kit made by MPC around 2014. There was some retooling of the parts especially the landing pads of which now there are five as opposed to the original kit which had three. They also included realistic decals. MPC also scaled down the eagles which I did not include with the diorama you see in the pic. The base is also larger than the original. This is 18"x18" It's the first model that my brother and I have built in the last 30 years. I'm not a professional model builder so I don't have an air brush,so I hand painted the moon surface with just a few brushes and a small sponge and acrylic paints from Michael's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,
February 01, 2022, 09:56 PM
space phantom
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Those are great, well done. Clap


Thank you Wolfie.
February 02, 2022, 01:06 AM
catskilleagle
That's cool. I had that model kit back around '79. My brothers and I played with the Eagles. I never did anything fancy with my models (Enterprise, Klingon Warship, P-61, LST, etc.). I just built them and played with them.


quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Hi catskilleagle, thank you. The larger images/custom cards are made from original signatures cut from books, postcards, index cards etc. that I collected over the years composited with a small pic from a particular episode. Since some of the guest stars featured in these cards were not available due to some passing on or just did not sign for these Unstoppables releases, I decided to make my own. I had these signatures in my collection for many years and finally found a way to utilize them.

The art in the center of the top auto display is from a dvd documentary cover and the art in the bottom auto display is from a starlog cover. Printed them out on my photo printer and attached everything to the custom mats with transparent photo corners.

The moonbase Alpha kit is a re-release of the 70s kit made by MPC around 2014. There was some retooling of the parts especially the landing pads of which now there are five as opposed to the original kit which had three. They also included realistic decals. MPC also scaled down the eagles which I did not include with the diorama you see in the pic. The base is also larger than the original. This is 18"x18" It's the first model that my brother and I have built in the last 30 years. I'm not a professional model builder so I don't have an air brush,so I hand painted the moon surface with just a few brushes and a small sponge and acrylic paints from Michael's.

March 19, 2022, 09:07 PM
WOMBLE
From their web-site

The Avengers TV SERIES 3 - Spring 2022
After waiting a year, the third in this expansive series will ship this late April, early May. The Linda Thorson Era will explode with far more new autograph cards and many more new exciting cards to collect to complete this three set release.

Gerry Anderson & Christopher Burr's TERRAHAWKS - Summer 2022
The classic SciFi TV Success of Terrahawks for the first time in trading cards for a very limited release later this year.

Hammer Films SERIES TWO - Late Summer 2022
Following on from the sold out series one, we will be expanding the second series into a new double sized giant cards set and so much more, continuing this incredible worldwide franchise. Order early as the second release is only 750 boxes, 50% of series one* (subject to change)

March 31, 2022, 12:32 PM
Tommy C
This just in

Hello again! Spring 2022 is with us and snow could fall, how very English, however and we are pleased to announce the first of many new releases and some special clearance offers will become available to order from this Sunday at 6pm UK Time (1pm in New York and 10am in Los Angeles). We will then launch after a long wait, The Avengers Series 3 trading cards. So, please keep your eyes peeled for this and a couple of other web only invitation specials still to come.

An all new set of 4 web only exclusive promo cards will be sent FREE to everyone ordering from our offers this weekend, these include The Avengers Series 3 NEW, Terrahawks NEW, Hammer Horror Series 2 NEW and Highlander Movie Anniversary NEW, all are limited to only 1/100 produced.

This Sundays offers:

The Avengers Platinum Edition Set # 1 1/250 (Ships April 16th)

Hammer Horror Platinum Edition Set # 1 1/200 (Ships April 16th)

UFO Warehouse Find BLOWOUT Offer (Ships April 5th)

Hammer DUAL 1/12 Box Exclusive Offer 1/12 (Ships April 5th)

Hammer 1/5 Ultra Rare MASTER Autograph Box Edition (Ships April 5th)

The Avengers Final Book Clearance Offer (Ships April 5th)
and more...

May 10th Launch:

The Avengers Series 3 - (Ships May 16th) with Linda Thorson

and something else to be announced soon.
April 01, 2022, 09:14 AM
Tommy C
I wonder what exactly the Avengers and Hammer Horror Platinum sets are, and if they will be expensive...
April 01, 2022, 10:47 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I wonder what exactly the Avengers and Hammer Horror Platinum sets are, and if they will be expensive...


They are both small 18 card base sets and one autograph with a chance ( 1:7 for Avengers and 1:5 for Hammer ) at a second autograph or cut autograph . The Avengers set covers the episode " Killer " with a Michael McStay autograph and the Hammer set covers the film " Countess Dracula " with a Nike Arrighi autograph .

The Avengers is a 250 box release , price I have seen is £19.99 and the Hammer is a 200 box release , price I have seen £24.99 .

I believe they are releasing a box every two months that builds into an overall set .