May 22, 2019, 08:49 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Each box has a base set, and 3 "hot hits"

I knew the hits would be HOT!
May 22, 2019, 09:18 AM
Spencer Quist
Been pretty lukewarm, tepid and in the case of UFO (even using the exact same designs in some cases) re-heated, in my recent experience.

May 24, 2019, 06:47 AM
ravenheart
Are you suggesting you're not terrible interested in another 152 different David Graham and Matt Zimmerman autographs? Say it ain't so, Spencer! Say it ain't so!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,
May 28, 2019, 10:30 AM
Tommy C
With the website orders, you get a 5 card promo set for Thunderbirds, W1 to W5

But it is confusing as they say these are limited to 100, but elsewhere it says that you get them with ALL online orders

So if I order a box 2 weeks from now from the website, assuming they don't sell out on boxes, I can still get these ?
May 28, 2019, 11:25 AM
ravenheart
quote:
With the website orders, you get a 5 card promo set for Thunderbirds, W1 to W5

But it is confusing as they say these are limited to 100, but elsewhere it says that you get them with ALL online orders

So if I order a box 2 weeks from now from the website, assuming they don't sell out on boxes, I can still get these ?

It probably means you get it with any website order of Thunderbirds - no matter the size of said order - until they run out.

As opposed to having to buy a certain number of boxes, or spend a certain amount, to get them.
May 30, 2019, 12:22 PM
Tommy C
Thunderbirds 2 supposedly being released June 9
June 05, 2019, 12:39 PM
Tommy C
Thunderbirds 2 looks to be out THIS WEEK

My friend ordered from the Unstoppable website, and he received a tracking number on his box
June 12, 2019, 11:48 AM
Tommy C
Looks like Avengers is now coming in late July
June 30, 2019, 05:22 AM
WOMBLE
From their website:-

The Complete Avengers.
Exclusive outstanding pre-sale offers are available from Sunday 14th July at 6pm and shipping begins on July 25th.

Exclusive??
Outstanding??
June 30, 2019, 11:29 AM
Spencer Quist
AGAIN!

July 01, 2019, 08:12 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Exclusive??
Outstanding??

And HOT. Obviously.
July 01, 2019, 11:32 AM
Spencer Quist
.......with added no value promos!

July 01, 2019, 11:58 AM
Spencer Quist
LOL One of the artists has just posted that they are about to 'just start work on this set'. The set? Only Ultimate Avengers out in three ish weeks!
Is EVERYTHING last minute with this company?

July 01, 2019, 01:24 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
LOL One of the artists has just posted that they are about to 'just start work on this set'. The set? Only Ultimate Avengers out in three ish weeks!
Is EVERYTHING last minute with this company?

Maybe everything is last minute with the artist?? Just a thought! Sometimes artists do sit on blanks until they've finished a previous set. Inevitably it's artists and actors returning cards late that delays a set. Obviously if they were all returned on time then every company producing sets would have them released on time
July 01, 2019, 02:45 PM
Spencer Quist
Or alternatively, these sketches won't be going anywhere near the boxes and being stockpiled for dealer deals or future 'super duper exclusive' shilling efforts later on. Experience seems to indicate the latter. I hate to criticise but there's plenty of opportunity open to do so, sadly

July 05, 2019, 12:08 PM
Tommy C
This was posted about Avengers

33+ different actors and actresses have signed for Series One - No collection has ever been so complete, look out for over 100 actors by the final set.
July 06, 2019, 12:15 PM
Raven
quote:
33+ different actors and actresses have signed for Series One - No collection has ever been so complete, look out for over 100 actors by the final set.

I was interested in trying to pick up something from these Avengers, maybe a couple of boxes, but this looks like its going to be drawn out over a series of sets and I can't believe over 100 different signers are available at this juncture.

I can pretty much be certain that the vast majority will be actors I have never heard of, in small roles I don't remember, although people more familiar with UK TV shows may have a better knowledge of them.

All I wanted was one new, nice Avengers set with a few autographs of people I know. With all this talk of "no collection has ever been so complete" and "by the final set" Unstoppable has just advertised itself right passed me. I don't need it so complete that it takes a long term commitment. A case of overkill that saved me some money. Smile
July 06, 2019, 02:46 PM
Triple-Frog
quote:
This was posted about Avengers

Got to say with how long ago the original series was made I am surprised there are 100+ actors still living!
July 06, 2019, 03:34 PM
Spencer Quist
......plus how many cards have been done by the self same actor? Just more eaking out and flogging a dead horse. Sorry but the truth hurts.