Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Releases
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Releases
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
People have to remember it’s a business, not a public service that needs to bow down to pedantic collectors

If your opinion of collectors who simply expect to get what they paid for is that they are "pedantic", then it is probably best for all concerned that you left the company.

quote:
Unfortunately no-one is perfect and a lot of problems actually occur at the printers but people will still direct their frustration at Unstoppable.

Which is as it should be -- it is Unstoppable's name on the box.

You speak of how difficult it is to put sets together and get them out, on time, as advertised. It is also difficult for collectors to earn enough money to buy the product. But Unstoppable still cashes their checks.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Having read alot of the posts here on Card Talk, another concern is that most of the Unstoppable sets released over the past 2 years, at least, consist of a $ 90 box, which when opened, usually yields a base set and maybe 2 autos, that you can later get on ebay for $10 each, or less.

However, in their defense, some other card manufacturers do this, as well.

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't have easy access to Unstoppable's autograph cards or products. I wish I did because there are some autographs I would like, but for me at least, there are many, many signers that I have no interest in and/or do not know at all. Still I wouldn't mind being able to pick up some of these boxes.

I can't. Even if I know a dealer who carries them, I have to pay up front in pre-sale and the products don't come out on time. I'm not locking up my money months in advance. I also can't count on any of the ad talk because everything is always exclusive and the best ever.

Yes card companies have it difficult putting together all the moving parts, but that is why they are supposed to be professional at it. You make a mistake because you are new to it, but if you keep making the same mistake, that's because it's how you operate and how you like to do it and its no longer a mistake.

Pedantic is the negative cultured way of saying someone is a pain in the a$$ and cripes too much about everything, so you needn't bother trying to please them. Wanting the cards you paid for to come out on time isn't pedantic. Wanting to hold a company to it's advertising isn't pedantic. Unstoppable wouldn't need to be defended against its customers if it did what it should do as a professional company.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10354 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the selective defence from Jason (who himself was extremely critical of Barrie in the past) on an aspect that wasn't particularly being criticised! Says a lot.

The basic fundamentals of business is try not to make mistakes. If you do, try your best to correct. Try not to piss off your customer base. Avoid too much hyperbole, it will return to bite you on the arse.

Unstoppable, IN MY EXPERIENCE, is guilty of the lot and more. No amount of bullying and name calling is gonna change my experience and therefore my opinion.

Opinions vary but seldom change.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying this, people are actually saying exactly what they think and why they think it. Very illuminating. Smile

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
For people in the USA who are wondering what the heck UFO is, I've been told the show is available free to watch on Amazon Prime.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I'm enjoying this, people are actually saying exactly what they think and why they think it. Very illuminating. Smile

I've bitten my tongue to some degree in the vain hope that just perhaps Barrie would do the right thing finally. But after three/four years and a catalogue of errors and shortcomings, it clearly isn't happening and after countless 'sort it on the next deal' statements resulting in sod all. Why bother anymore?
I've praised when due, criticised when required. Supported others views on the breakdown strands. Even seen others get their self same problems sorted while I remained in limbo and disappointed. Now, I ain't holding back.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable posted on Facebook that Thunderbirds 2 is shipping on June 9

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thunderbirds pre-orders now delayed until May 26

It also says

"Very limited pre-order date announced, with a unique SIX ITEM case topper pack for all early pre-orders. Something special is coming your way."

posted Hide Post
I just loved the Thunderbirds tribute post to Jeremy Wilkin and Shane Rimmer. While I'm sure well intended before it was edited it read:

"Always a privilege to work these gentlemen"

With strings perhaps? LOL

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Thunderbirds pre-orders now delayed until May 26

It also says

"Very limited pre-order date announced, with a unique SIX ITEM case topper pack for all early pre-orders. Something special is coming your way."

The 'something special' is yet more auto cards by Mike Trim, David Graham and Matt Zimmerman.

I don't understand why a collector would want a trading card with a postage stamp stuck on it.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Or blank bloody card print plate, or completely superfluous B/W proof cards, or proof cards with the edge slightly different, or cut signature card made up from butchering another card that should have gone into previous sets rather than be stockpiled.
It's all just flim flam and snake oil. Why it's taken me this long to realise and let go is beyond me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Or blank bloody card print plate, or completely superfluous B/W proof cards, or proof cards with the edge slightly different, or cut signature card made up from butchering another card that should have gone into previous sets rather than be stockpiled.
It's all just flim flam and snake oil. Why it's taken me this long to realise and let go is beyond me.

Exactly. And not one bit of that is the result of the complexities and difficulties of producing a trading card product. Those are all intentional decisions, made to invent "rare" cards and water down the availability of the cards people actually want.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know that alot of folks were upset with the Terminator set from 2017

The cut autos of the big name stars (Arnold, Linda Hamilton, Robert Patrick, etc) were extremely limited, less than 10 of each in existence, I believe.

99 % of the boxes contained autos by 3 total unknowns, including the "burly attendant". All of these can be picked up on ebay for maybe $ 1 each or so.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

The cut autos of the big name stars (Arnold, Linda Hamilton, Robert Patrick, etc) were extremely limited, less than 10 of each in existence, I believe.

99 % of the boxes contained autos by 3 total unknowns, including the "burly attendant". All of these can be picked up on ebay for maybe $ 1 each or so.

Oh I can beat that! Big Grin I pre-ordered a couple of boxes of the first series of Space 1999 because I liked the show and it had about 4 signers I liked, including advertising Barbara Bain as the big hit.

Now it's not like I really expected to pull a Bain signature, but I could, only I couldn't. Turned out the Bain autograph in that one was a dealer incentive card only. Nobody mentioned that when I ordered. I got all common $5 signers of course. Big Grin That's the breaks, but why think you have long odds, when you really don't have any odds. Wink

Posts: 10354 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And until recently, weren't there ALSO chase cards inserted in most of the Unstoppable sets, BESIDES the autos and sketches ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Terminator boxes from 2017 gave you a base set, a 9 card FOIL set, and maybe an auto or sketch

I don't think any of the 2018-2019 Unstoppable sets had a FOIL chase set. Guess they eliminated those ? Now you just get a base set in a box, and maybe an auto, plate or sketch

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Oh I can beat that! Big Grin I pre-ordered a couple of boxes of the first series of Space 1999 because I liked the show and it had about 4 signers I liked, including advertising Barbara Bain as the big hit.

Now it's not like I really expected to pull a Bain signature, but I could, only I couldn't. Turned out the Bain autograph in that one was a dealer incentive card only. Nobody mentioned that when I ordered. I got all common $5 signers of course. Big Grin That's the breaks, but why think you have long odds, when you really don't have any odds. Wink

Again, with the excuse that it had to be done that way as there were very few, and they arrived too late to go in the actual cases.
Seemed to be a superfluous of them when it came to inserting them into the series two stock to make up for the absence of the Series Two Bain card. Which once again (lo and behold, shock horror) was late being returned and limited. So strangely (colour me surprised, not) as part of one of the 'special' deals.

posted Hide Post
I do wonder if it is worth reporting to trading standards. Especially when cards displayed on the boxes themselves have often absolutely no hope of being inside the box at all!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Again, with the excuse that it had to be done that way as there were very few, and they arrived too late to go in the actual cases.
Seemed to be a surplus of them when it came to inserting them into the series two stock to make up for the absence of the Series Two Bain card. Which once again (lo and behold, shock horror) was late being returned and limited. So strangely (colour me surprised, not) surfaced as part of one of the 'special' deals.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thunderbirds 2 is said to be "very limited", yet 1,199 boxes are being made.

Each box has a base set, and 3 "hot hits"

The hits being 3 autos OR 2 autos + 1 sketch or postage stamp card or pair of printer plates