Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    DC COMICS - "THE NEW 52"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC COMICS - "THE NEW 52"
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Anyone know about the chase and hits for this one?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tattoox,

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All I've heard is sketches are 1:24-pack box, and there are 61 base cards plus chase sets called "The Lanterns" and "Work In Progress".

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Lanterns is a die-cut set. Work in Progress is a 9-card lenticular set that shows an image go from a pencil sketch, to inking to finished piece. Each should fall about 2 per box.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic's Miranda Anderson has posted a really cool blog post today about the approval process for the new DC Comics: The New 52 sketch cards. Plus there are some really terrific sketch card examples shown as well.

DC Comics Sketch Card Process

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I just read Miranda's blog, very cool, everyone should take a look, there are many outstanding sketch cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those oversized sketches are beautiful!

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Those sketches look really good. I'm not a fan of the card design though.

Check out Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I really hope they're not showing us the best of the best of the best. Those are some really fantastic looking cards.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Any word on other chase cards?

Any news on production #'s?
Sure hope these albums won't be as tough to get as the Walking Dead ones.

Oh, is there any news on the DC board game that CZE is also releasing at the same time?
Well, I just read a little on it. Seems to be a card game, and not a board game.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Any word on other chase cards?

Tattoox....You can read Cryptozoic's DC Comics: The New 52 Product Page. They have a bit more about the other inserts (such as die-cut Lanterns and lenticular Work In Progress cards) and redemption cards on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I really hope they're not showing us the best of the best of the best. Those are some really fantastic looking cards.

I am not sure I understand this. Why wouldn't they be showing us the best of the best? I think I know what you mean...your worried the rest are not as good as these...but again, why wouldn't they show the "best of the best"? It's in their interest (and any card companies) to show us their best.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
There are a few more DC "The New 52" sketch cards posted http://www.cardboardconnection...-sketch-card-preview

Posts: 2283 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
ICV2.com also just posted some sketches. Smile

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
ICV2.com also just posted some sketches. Smile

Here's the direct link to the page:
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/23472.html

Boy, Andy Price's work is awesome. I wish I could draw like that!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
We weren't allowed to take photos of them at the SDCC breakfast, but they had a lot of the DC sketches on display and they looked really nice!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally cannot wait for this set!!!

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Lanterns is a die-cut set. Work in Progress is a 9-card lenticular set that shows an image go from a pencil sketch, to inking to finished piece. Each should fall about 2 per box.

I am trying to decide if I want to order any of this or not, assuming it is still available, but I find it very frustrating with lack of "solid" information from Cryptozoic Confused
Ryan, where did you get the info that chases will be 2:box, and how many die-cuts will there be ? I just don't find this specific info anywhere. I can understand Cryptozoic being "vague" about sketch card counts, etc. because of the approval process, etc. but it seems to me as though they should have a pretty good idea about chase insertion rates by now ?

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wonged:
quote:

I am trying to decide if I want to order any of this or not, assuming it is still available, but I find it very frustrating with lack of "solid" information from Cryptozoic Confused
Ryan, where did you get the info that chases will be 2:box, and how many die-cuts will there be ? I just don't find this specific info anywhere. I can understand Cryptozoic being "vague" about sketch card counts, etc. because of the approval process, etc. but it seems to me as though they should have a pretty good idea about chase insertion rates by now ?

I got the info from Cryptozoic when the set was first announced. Not sure if plans have changed since then.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got the info from Cryptozoic when the set was first announced. Not sure if plans have changed since then.

Thanks Ryan. Hopefully Scott will see this, and maybe realize info on the chase set insertion rates and number of Lanterns is not on their site.

I guess I am spoiled by how well Rittenhouse informs us about their releases Luv You .

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This set was a really nice break from a 3 year long run of mostly Marvel comic card work. YAY.

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RhiburgerNoCheese:
This set was a really nice break from a 3 year long run of mostly Marvel comic card work. YAY.

I'm buying this set because of you. When will AP's (if any) be available?

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post