Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Leaf Metal Pop Century 2019.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaf Metal Pop Century 2019.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
Leaf released some info on Twitter. Looks like an August release with the following people signing so far:

Jamie Foxx
Geena Davis
Bella Thorne
Daisy Ridley
Jeremy Renner
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jennifer Jason Leigh
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Matthew Broderick
Steven Seagal
Harrison Ford

Looks like a winner so far -- definitely some names in there I will chase.

I believe this is the first trading card autograph for Geena Davis, Steven Seagal and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the Geena Davis will have a Beetlejuice era image!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Hopefully the Geena Davis will have a Beetlejuice era image!

If the picture they posted is any indication, its the "In A League of Their Own" period.

Looking forward to it. I just hope that the "metal" part doesn't put these out of reach for box/pack breakers.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last few sports sets from them have been "metal" apparently, so whatever the details/ratios/prices etc. for those, is probably a decent indication for this.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year's Pop Century was also "Metal." I think it just basically means chrome.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I didn't buy any of last year's Pop Century. The boxes came out high and I generally wait until they go on sale. As far as I know they didn't.

I have enjoyed both Pop Century and America as hodge-podge sets that are good for breaking because you don't know what you will get. But for the same reason that you don't know what you will get, I can't break boxes at prices that mean you must pull a big hit. What I get is an autograph from the guy who walks around with a paper bag over his head. I actually pulled two of those. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Not crazy about the metal design but if that is the ONLY way I am going to get Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Maybe some of the subsets wont be so ugly and shiny.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also prefer the older designs. I don't hate the metal design, but the white card stock was nice and clean.

I'm also not always a fan of the photos they use, but they generally have multiple photos used so I often can find one that I prefer.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

I'm also not always a fan of the photos they use, but they generally have multiple photos used so I often can find one that I prefer.

Haha! I have often wondered if some of the celebrities would have agreed to sign stickers had they known how ugly the photograph was that leaf intended on using? Smile

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Haha! I have often wondered if some of the celebrities would have agreed to sign stickers had they known how ugly the photograph was that leaf intended on using? Smile

I am confident that certain cards would not get made if they saw the photos before hand -- i.e. Tonya Harding / Nancy Kerrigan dual autograph