Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Lost In Space (Netflix) Season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost In Space (Netflix) Season 1 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Just noticed this added to the Rittenhouse release schedule for "Fall".

They're going to have a really busy year. Releasing a set per month for the rest of 2019.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I would interested in a box or two of this.

Great show!

Posts: 4847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First details up.

Release date is December 4th.

Confirmed signers:

Toby Stephens
Bill Mumy
Parker Posey
Molly Parker
Maxwell Jenkins
Ignacio Serricchino

2 hits per box between dual autographs, single autographs, costumes, and sketches.

The usual twice as many as necessary sub sets.

Stephens/Parker dual auto is the 9-case incentive.

Archive box for 18 cases, including exclusive Bill Mumy variant autograph and Don West costume.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
How about more details than the RA Website currently has?

quote:
2019 Rittenhouse Netflix Lost In Space Season 1 Trading Cards delivers (2) Hits in Every Box! Look for single & dual signature cards, relic cards and sketch cards from the hit Netflix reboot of the classic television series!

Configuration: 12 boxes/24 packs/5 cards
Album Configuration: 4 Albums per case

PRODUCT & PRICING INFORMATION
ORDERS DUE: Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019
RELEASE DATE: December 4th, 2019

2019 RITTENHOUSE NETFLIX LOST IN SPACE SEASON 1 TRADING CARDS CASE HITS:
• (2) Dual Autograph Cards
2019 RITTENHOUSE NETFLIX LOST IN SPACE SEASON 1 TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
• (2) Autograph, Dual Autograph, Relic or Sketch Cards
2019 RITTENHOUSE NETFLIX LOST IN SPACE SEASON 1 TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
• Autograph Cards feature:
 Maxwell Jenkins (Will Robinson)
 Toby Stephens (John Robinson)
 Molly Parker (Maureen Robinson)
 Mina Sundwall (Penny Robinson)
 Taylor Russell (Judy Robinson)
 Parker Posey (Dr. Smith)
 Ignacio Serricchio (Don West)
 Bill Mumy (Dr. Zachary Smith)
 Raza Jeffrey (Victor Dhar)
 Ajay Friese (Vijay Dhar)
 Cary Tagawa (Hiroki Watanabe)
 Kiki Sukezane (Aiko Watanabe)
 Sibo Mlambo (Angela)
 and more!!
• (2) Dual Autographs in Every Case! Signers include:
 Maxwell Jenkins (Will Robinson)/Toby Stephens (John Robinson)
 Bill Mumy (Dr. Smith)/Parker Posey (Dr. Smith)
 Parker Posey (Dr. Smith)/Maxwell Jenkins (Will Robinson)
 Mina Sundwall (Penny Robinson)/Ajay Friese (Vijay Dhar)
 Ignacio Serricchio (Don West)/Anna Maria Demara (Tam Soderquist)
• Sketch Cards feature art from Carlos Cabaleiro, Warren Martineck, Charles Hall and Louise Draper!
• Relic Cards - Find (8) Lost In Space Relic cards featuring costume relics from the show.
• Base Set - Features 72 cards including (6) plot synopsis cards for each episode! Look for behind the scenes and special effects cards!
• Bonus Sets Include:
 Lost In Space Character Cards, including THE ROBOT (1:48 Packs)
 Metal Character Parallel Cards (1:96 Packs)
 Lost In Space/Jupiter Cards (1:48 Packs)
 Lost In Space/Chariot Cards (1:48 Packs)
 Quotable Lost In Space Cards (1:24 Packs)
 Juan Ortiz/Lost In Space Character Art Cards (1:48 Packs)
 Juan Ortiz/Lost In Space Episode Cards (1:24 Packs)
• Lost In Space Season 1 Trading Cards Collectors Album
 Custom-designed album to store the entire collection, including bonus promo card
 (4) Albums per case
2019 RITTENHOUSE NETFLIX LOST IN SPACE SEASON 1 TRADING CARDS CASE INCENTIVES:
• (9) Case Incentive - Dual Autographed Card signed by Toby Stephens (John Robinson) and Molly Parker (Maureen Robinson)
• (18) Case Incentive - Netflix Lost In Space Season One Trading Cards Archive Box
 Includes (2) sets of (4) Printing Plate Cards used to make the front of one card.
 Bill Mumy (Dr. Zachary Smith) Variation Autograph Card
 Don West Space Suit Relic Card

I'm cautiously eyeing this one. Not sure there are enough fans to sell 2000 boxes.
Also not a fan of chase sets that take cases to complete, but such is life currently.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill Mumy, the actor who played the boy (Will Robinson) on the 1960s show, now plays the villain on this new version ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Bill Mumy, the actor who played the boy (Will Robinson) on the 1960s show, now plays the villain on this new version ?

No, that might have been good, but I think it's only a quick cameo. Parker Posey is the villain last I heard.

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
2000 boxes?

With that many signature cards already listed that puts all of them under 200.

Posts: 4847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
2000 boxes?

Maybe, maybe not. The same way that 2000 boxes maybe considered a limited run by some, yet someone else may think its too much for this title. The name of the game is rarity and card makers are trying to convince card collectors that even common signers can be rare and thus of higher value. Big Grin

You also have to consider that it's possible some of the better signers may not have done anywhere near 200 cards. If the top in-demand tier does 50 each, that leaves plenty of room for a couple of people to do 300 or 400. When it gets released is when we'll know how the auto list breaks down by the numbers and this one is really only for series fans anyway.

One thing I want to know is how Juan Ortiz got the gig to have art cards/episode cards in what seems like EVERY new RA product that is being made? Are there no other artists around? Is every card collector a fan of his insert sets? I don't get why Ortiz's art has become a regular feature for RA. Art is subjective. I'm not saying it's bad, just that I could do with other styles too.

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
No, that might have been good, but I think it's only a quick cameo. Parker Posey is the villain last I heard.

Yeah, he's only in one episode. He's too busy being in the Bee Gees to do more than that.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The guy looks good for his age. You can still definitely tell it's him.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
2000 boxes?

Maybe, maybe not. The same way that 2000 boxes maybe considered a limited run by some, yet someone else may think its too much for this title. The name of the game is rarity and card makers are trying to convince card collectors that even common signers can be rare and thus of higher value. Big Grin

You also have to consider that it's possible some of the better signers may not have done anywhere near 200 cards. If the top in-demand tier does 50 each, that leaves plenty of room for a couple of people to do 300 or 400. When it gets released is when we'll know how the auto list breaks down by the numbers and this one is really only for series fans anyway.

One thing I want to know is how Juan Ortiz got the gig to have art cards/episode cards in what seems like EVERY new RA product that is being made? Are there no other artists around? Is every card collector a fan of his insert sets? I don't get why Ortiz's art has become a regular feature for RA. Art is subjective. I'm not saying it's bad, just that I could do with other styles too.

2000 is the theoretical minimum number of boxes, it could well be more. Which would make me question the viability even more. I just don't see the fanbase for this, and the actors are all unknowns beyond Mumy and Posey, aren't they?

As for the Juan Ortiz art... As you say, art is subjective. I would venture a guess that Steve at Rittenhouse is a fan, thus Rittenhouse supports his work. This isn't Upper Deck or Topps where everything is strictly a business decision.

It may also be a subtle way to tie this and the Original Series sets together a bit.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only other name I recognize without Googling is Toby Stephens. He's a good actor with many credits, but is better known in the UK. The biggest movie role he did is probably as one of the villains in Die Another Day. He is also the son of Maggie Smith.

I wish RA had picked up Lucifer if they wanted a Netflix series, but next year will be its 5th and last season altogether, so that ship has sailed. It would have been a natural title for a card set with plenty of signers.

Anyway, RA took this one as a tie in to the original that they had. I heard it wasn't bad, but I haven't seen it myself. There are so many cable and streaming shows now, that are in sometimes multiple seasons, and I don't know who's watching them or in what numbers.

As for Ortiz, I think he just must have a good working relationship with RA, gives them what they like in a fast way and a right price. In the Rod Serling Edition of TZ he has both an insert and chase set. I would like to see a bit less consistency, if you know what I mean. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Molly Parker, Parker Posey, and Cary Tagawa are significant names.

I'll grant you the rest, but people should know who those three are.

And yes, obviously Toby Stephens.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when season 2 will start?

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
Does anyone know when season 2 will start?

November sometime.

Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Season 2 starts Christmas eve.

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Anyone else collecting this?

Managed to do pretty well getting all of the main cast, some potential secondary cast and a Taylor Russell-Ignacio Serricchio dual card.

Just re-watched season 1 to prep for S2.