Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    are you waiting for hammer sketchs ?????????????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

are you waiting for hammer sketchs ?????????????
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
Anyone in the US waiting for anything from SI? Just trying to guage how long I need to wait for my items to arrive...

Just to jump in on this: Turns out there are some serious issues shipping to the US from the UK at the moment. I had several packages delayed buy more than a month waiting to get in. Apparently this is something to do with new customs regulations and the knock on effect from the weather. We have changed to FedEx who seem to be able to ship quickly but it costs a lot more.

If your in the US then be prepared to wait a little longer, this time it's not SI's fault.

Ok thanks, I had not heard about the customs issue before. I do know weather has delayed a bunch of stuff in the US however.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
Just to jump in on this: Turns out there are some serious issues shipping to the US from the UK at the moment. I had several packages delayed buy more than a month waiting to get in. Apparently this is something to do with new customs regulations and the knock on effect from the weather.
That's correct. After the incident last year where a terrorist bomb almost (or did, I forget the details) got on a plane, the US Customs decided that they would start x-raying/scanning every single package that came in regardless of shape, size, weight or declared contents. As their systems were not geared up to coping with this even under normal circumstances, they generated a huge backlog with the Christmas post. A package I sent to the States in November got caught up in it and took three weeks to arrive rather than 5-7 days. I'm fairly sure they've cleared the backlog but the 'scan everything' policy is still causing major holdups. Oh and just to add to the fun and games, parcels entering the States were not processed until AFTER they had been scanned. So effectively, they left the UK and then disappeared for a while. I had quite long interesting talk with Royal Mail Customer Services about the whole mess at the time.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting in the U.K. from a "U.K. Dealer!", perhaps it's the weather.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if any Duel Autographs have surfaced yet?

I'm aware of the fact the Late Ingrid Pitt did not sign the majority, but wondered if a few were produced for promotional purposes?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There is one on you know where at the moment as part of a master set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How were the A13 dual autographs released? Were they for the year end packages from strictly ink? If so I'm guessing that they weren't inserted as randomly as most collectors would like. How many are rumored to have been signed?

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I wonder how they got hold of that?

posted Hide Post
i know i know i know .
but im not telling you ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
i know i know i know .
but im not telling you ?

Probably it will be released as a "Friends of Barrie" special Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
nah nah na nah na?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I know how he got it too!!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:

Why are people surprised that there are SI "unreleased" cards about. The surprise would be if there were none Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:

Why are people surprised that there are SI "unreleased" cards about. The surprise would be if there were none Shake Head

That's "Sarcasm" Hammer, we all know this happens time and again.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
i know i know i know .
but im not telling you ?

So does that mean you have one?

I haven't even got my Barbara Shelley autos redeemed let alone the Jackie Pearce ones, I know why I don't like dealing with this company directly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaseb,

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was Jacqueline Pearce a redemption? I don't collect the Hammer sets but I got a Jackie Pearce S2 auto in my Yearset.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like just about everybody got Jacqui auto cards with their Yearset!?!

That or the Barbara Shelley and in some cases both!?! What's wierd is if Vampy has got a double auto card, why? When she's one of the most vocal AGAINST Strictly Ink? Even going to the lengths of starting this very thread!?!

Posts: 51 | Location: Scotland | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Was Jacqueline Pearce a redemption?

Yes, her and Shelley.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
UOTE]

Yes, her and Shelley.

firstly i must have changed gender since i last looked ?and i dont have the double but we all know the reason the other seller has the double auto. that being that they are what appears to be partners in the same company after what was said on another site,requesting sketch artists for future releases.and yes im vocal about strictly as they are the main card co that i have problems with ,due to release times and cards that never appear,and will continue posts on subjects that i feel aggreaved about.thats what keeps things moving other wise whats the point ?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you are quoting me here, have i missed something?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure why you are quoting me here, have i missed something?
yeah sorry wolfie must be the hormone pills im on to change gender,
hit the wrong button