Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    are you waiting for hammer sketchs ?????????????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

are you waiting for hammer sketchs ?????????????
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Here are the sketches I've received so far;

[URL= [/URL]

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
What film is the Hack sketch from? Confused

The Hack sketch looks like it is from Quatermass and the Pit, definately Andrew Kier, possibly hooked up to his buried memory machine type thing. Very nice Aragon Treksearcher.

quote:
Oh that A13.

Why was it never released.? Confused

The A13 Dual Auto cards as far as I know was with Ingrid Pitt for signing when she passed, she signed some but the majority were unsigned. They were going to be included with binders but Ingrids passing made it difficult to get them back. A few will pop up, but they will be very few and far between. The main question is does it count as part of the set, it was produced for the set but never inserted or issued so it depends upon your point of view. I wonder if the ones unsigned by Ingrid will turn up also as I believe they had already been signed by Madeline Smith.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
It's listed on the checklist jaseb, and I'm sure you'd consider it to be part of a master set Wink

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
It's listed on the checklist jaseb, and I'm sure you'd consider it to be part of a master set Wink

Who am I to argue with a checklist, there are a lot of irritating things about this set but with the help of some folks I am pulling mine together. Smile

Hopefully the company will listen to the collectors and not sell all of certain items to one dealer *cough* cas topper A *cough*.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:

Who am I to argue with a checklist, there are a lot of irritating things about this set but with the help of some folks I am pulling mine together. Smile

Hopefully the company will listen to the collectors and not sell all of certain items to one dealer *cough* cas topper A *cough*.

Who else is helping you? Twak

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If it is on the checklist and has been produced and released then it is part of the set.

As usual with these things Inkworks Syndrome raises the question, how many are there sitting in the warehouse?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've received my Pearce autographs, now just waiting on the missing sketches from the Special Deal in December.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it is on the checklist and has been produced and released then it is part of the set.

As usual with these things Inkworks Syndrome raises the question, how many are there sitting in the warehouse?

It all depends upon how you classify "Released", as far as I am aware these cards have not been released to the general public and the way one can got is by knowing somebody "in the know" now if any get sent out as part of the yearbook then I would argue it has been released but otherwise not. It does not help not knowing quantites, but SI are amazingly tight lipped about such things probebly so as not to totally devalue the cards.

I wonder how many single autograph cards Ingrid Pitt actually signed, from 3 cases I pulled 14. Using the same ratio across 250 cases that comes to 1166 cards. One dealer told me he had cases with boxes numbered above 2500, which was meant to be the print run so there is another unknown quantity there, the ones sent out with the binders and a guaranteed on with each of the 100 yearpacks. I reckon there is about 2000 Pitt autos out there at least.

posted Hide Post
is a full run including the multi case promo cards as there not on allenders list and were not given out as muti case gifts ,so do these get included in a master run ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
what's a multi case promo card?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone in the US waiting for anything from SI? Just trying to guage how long I need to wait for my items to arrive...

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Dealer Incentive Case cards were a set of 5 Promo Cards limited to 150 which were given to each case purchaser.

However, there was also a set of 5 Promo Cards limited to 50 which were originally stated as multi-case incentives. These found their way to one dealer and never given out as Dealer Incentives.

As these are now hitting the Secondary Market perhaps they can be classed as part of the General Release?

I'm still waiting for my Sketches from the "Special Deal" which some-how were over-looked by Barrie.

Perhaps he's given them all out and needs to get some more produced?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
Anyone in the US waiting for anything from SI? Just trying to guage how long I need to wait for my items to arrive...

If we in the U.K. are an example, I'll just say "GOOD LUCK" Glim.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

However, there was also a set of 5 Promo Cards limited to 50 which were originally stated as multi-case incentives. These found their way to one dealer and never given out as Dealer Incentives.

I knew about these but thought they were just random pot luck with case purchases. Are you sure they were all given to one dealer?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I knew about these but thought they were just random pot luck with case purchases. Are you sure they were all given to one dealer?

YES

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same dealer also got the Avenvgers Case Cards limited to 50.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
He didn't get all of the Avengers, I'm sure I had a 1 or 2 sets with my cases, I'll have to get to the bottom of the cupboard and check!!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Who is this dealer and more importantly, is he a friend of mine? Big Grin

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is this dealer and more importantly, is he a friend of mine? Big Grin

Well it wasn't me Wolfie but I'll be your friend Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:

Just to jump in on this: Turns out there are some serious issues shipping to the US from the UK at the moment. I had several packages delayed buy more than a month waiting to get in. Apparently this is something to do with new customs regulations and the knock on effect from the weather. We have changed to FedEx who seem to be able to ship quickly but it costs a lot more.

If your in the US then be prepared to wait a little longer, this time it's not SI's fault.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I've also noticed this problem, some items would get to the US within 5-7 days whilst a small handful would take between 4-8 weeks.