Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Once Bitten Set Info Official Sketch Samples!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once Bitten Set Info Official Sketch Samples!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard anything new on the release?

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I posted on Asylum's Facebook page back on 11/16 and here was the reply (for folks who don't FB)

quote:
Hi Iggy, Pre press is done Im just waiting on an email back from the printer for them to begin printing. I'll know a more solid date then. I want to have the cards in hand before I release a definitive date. So it's not pushed back any further.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JimKyle:
Unfortunately there has been a delay in the release of Once Bitten due to issues receiving some of the sketch art from overseas. Release will now be in October. We will update everyone with a new release date. We do not expect this to be a long delay. Thank you.

Hey Jim,

Left you a text, voicemail and email in response to winning the promo from philly show but still haven't heard back or seen anything yet.

This is John

THANKS JIM! You da man, and keep up the great sets!

Can't wait for my prize, any updates on this Jim? The show is now over a month ago.

Anyone else having trouble getting the Prize promo (if you won one of course) The show is now two months back and still can't get Jim to respond to anything after he called me to say I won one.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I facebooked him a message, and nothing. I know some members on blowout are anxious as well.

Lesson learned, will never preorder from an artist's set again due to this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cujobyte,

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:
I facebooked him a message, and nothing. I know some members on blowout are anxious as well.

Lesson learned, will never preorder from an artist's set again due to this.
OK, I can understand why you might not pre-order another set from this artist but why lump every other artist into the same category ?

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spotted 1 of the Once bitten blood foil promos from the Philly Raffles on ebay...little pricey , but only 1 I've seen turn up so far

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't blame all artists sets for what happens with one set. It's just like the people that won't commission any artists anymore because they were taken for a ride by an artist or two several years ago. That is still hurting alot of artists to this day....

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
I spotted 1 of the Once bitten blood foil promos from the Philly Raffles on ebay...little pricey , but only 1 I've seen turn up so far

I won one at the show and I am trying to get it delivered (since I left before my name was pulled) but I never receive any response or card. I received a phone call back in September that I won one but that was it. PM's were left with my address but no response there either.

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In case you missed it this was posted on another forum this morning by Jim:

quote:
Hello all... Yes all the art is in and pre production on the set is complete. Going to printer this month. And should have a release date for early January. We want to have everything in hand before we set an actual date so as not to delay the set any longer. We thank you for your patience and hope that you guys are as excited about this set as we are!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why we never take in money for any of our sets until we have all the printed cards and sketch cards in hand.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This was already posted above but I want to personally post this...

Hello all... Yes all the art is in and pre production on the set is complete. Going to printer this month. We had an issue with the foil cards for the incentives. We should have a release date for early January. We want to have everything in hand before we set an actual date so as not to delay the set any longer. We thank you for your patience and hope that you guys are as excited about this set as we are!

Also just wanted to take the time and apologize for the delay on the set. I appreciate your patience. We are going to absolutely make this worth the wait.

Thanks,
Jim

As a side note, yes I also did learn a valuable lesson doing the pre orders early for the set. That will never happen again. There have been too many factors that contributed to the delay ranging from delayed art, international shipping issues, and now an issue with the foil cards which we are tryng to sort out. As far as any future sets go, both the printed cards and sketch cards will be in hand before the pre sale goes live. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

And all foil cards will ship starting this weekend. I fell behind trying to deal with the set issues.

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And just to make things clear, my post was not to insult Jim in any way. It was in response to Cujobyte and Don Pedicini's posts. Some delays are bound to happen for whatever reasons.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Perna:
This is why we never take in money for any of our sets until we have all the printed cards and sketch cards in hand.

But you do take postage stamps.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hello all... Yes all the art is in and pre production on the set is complete. Going to printer this month. We had an issue with the foil cards for the incentives. We should have a release date for early January. We want to have everything in hand before we set an actual date so as not to delay the set any longer. We thank you for your patience and hope that you guys are as excited about this set as we are!

Also just wanted to take the time and apologize for the delay on the set. I appreciate your patience. We are going to absolutely make this worth the wait.

Thanks,
Jim

As a side note, yes I also did learn a valuable lesson doing the pre orders early for the set. That will never happen again. There have been too many factors that contributed to the delay ranging from delayed art, international shipping issues, and now an issue with the foil cards which we are tryng to sort out. As far as any future sets go, both the printed cards and sketch cards will be in hand before the pre sale goes live. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

And all foil cards will ship starting this weekend. I fell behind trying to deal with the set issues.

Jim, good to hear, does this mean I will still be getting my promo from the philly show I won? You haven't responded to any calls, texts, emails, etc.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the foil promo, of course.

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes the foil promo, of course.

Good News, I will post mine when I receive.

posted Hide Post
Did you get my email Smile

Jim Kyle

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks,
Jim

Just wanting to know if there are any updates to this set. I'm getting both anxious and nervous.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jim posted on another forum on the 13th after several members asked about an update:

"Just waiting on cards to get back from the printer. Already got the proofs and such."

That was the extent of the post.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post