Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic has Revenge! Alphas! OUAT! Psych!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic has Revenge! Alphas! OUAT! Psych!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OUAT makes sense in terms of sketches of their fairytale counterparts. I would be curious to know how far the license spans...i.e. do they have rights to the Disney characters because if so this could be a great product for kids and adults.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
OUAT makes sense in terms of sketches of their fairytale counterparts. I would be curious to know how far the license spans...i.e. do they have rights to the Disney characters because if so this could be a great product for kids and adults.

Disney doesn't have exclusive rights to most of the characters, they only have the rights to the Disney version of the characters. Most of what we think of as Disney characters are based on Grimm's fairy tales, which is public domain.

For example, Snow White is a Grimm character and as long as you don't use any elements created by Disney you are ok (does OUAT have any affiliation with Disney?)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
(does OUAT have any affiliation with Disney?)

Yes, Disney owns Once Upon A Time. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Gaeta,

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Disney own the ABC network?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Blowout cards has posted some interesting info, apparently Archer, Alphas and OUAT will all have sketch cards.

Archer I can see, but Alphas and OUAT?

Archer: This adult-themed cartoon is not for everyone, but those that love show can’t get enough laughs. These cards are due out in the fall of 2013 and will feature the first four seasons. Randomly inserted sketch cards will be included.

Alphas: These cards will feature pictures from the episodes of the first season of the SyFy show. This product will have autograph and sketch cards.

Once Upon a Time: This show follows the lives of fairy tale characters and now they are coming to cards. The set is based off Season 1 and will introduce autographs, wardrobe cards and sketches for this ABC show.

Alphas will have autograph and wardrobe cards, but it will not include sketch cards.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to Archer. Really underrated show.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Blowout cards has posted some interesting info, apparently Archer, Alphas and OUAT will all have sketch cards.

Archer I can see, but Alphas and OUAT?

Archer: This adult-themed cartoon is not for everyone, but those that love show can’t get enough laughs. These cards are due out in the fall of 2013 and will feature the first four seasons. Randomly inserted sketch cards will be included.

Alphas: These cards will feature pictures from the episodes of the first season of the SyFy show. This product will have autograph and sketch cards.

Once Upon a Time: This show follows the lives of fairy tale characters and now they are coming to cards. The set is based off Season 1 and will introduce autographs, wardrobe cards and sketches for this ABC show.

Alphas will have autograph and wardrobe cards, but it will not include sketch cards.

So Once Upon a Time will have sketches, interesting. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
God sketches for OUAT, this set is going to send me broke Big Grin

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
God sketches for OUAT, this set is going to send me broke Big Grin

Between that and Psych, I will be too Big Grin
Hopefully they won't be released any time too soon and not to close together.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Great that these sets are being made but it just means three more sets that I will have 1 or two auto's out and will never be able to afford the big starts out of the sets...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Very exciting news!

OUAT with sketches will be interesting. I'm curious if they'll require actor likenesses or if the artists will be able to go more interpretive?

Wife is excited for Revenge and we're both happy for Alphas!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post