Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Monsters Zombies and Freaks (MZF)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monsters Zombies and Freaks (MZF)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted

This is a Premium pack product due for release in late January. Each pack will contain 6 basic cards, 1-2 chase cards and at least one sketch. The set will also include some limited autographs randomly inserted in packs.

Sketch artists include:

Don Pedicini Jr
Bill Pulkovski
Carolyn Edwards
Robert Hack
Bruce Gerlach
Jayson Kretzer
Beck Kramer
Dane Alt
Jon Riggle
Mark Slater
Kristin Allen
Lance Sawyer
Leah Mangue
Cynthia Narcisi
Lee Lightfoot
Rhys McDonald
Jason Durden
Jason Davies
Clay McCormack
Adam Talley
Gerald de Dios
Pablo Diaz Mencia
And more!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If this is upto the very high standard that has been set by the Sherlock Holmes set ( and i'm sure it will be ) then this should be a winner.

Given the subject matter the potential for the sketches is massive.

I only have one complaint, Monsters, Zombies, Freaks, WOT NO WOLFIES? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I only have one complaint, Monsters, Zombies, Freaks, WOT NO WOLFIES? Big Grin

I saw this set and thought it was all about YOU Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
How many mega dollars will these packs be?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

The retail price point on this set is £16.99 which is approximately $25-26 US. But I suspect you might find a little better price from a Friendly Dealer™.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

The retail price point on this set is £16.99 which is approximately $25-26 US. But I suspect you might find a little better price from a Friendly Dealer™.

Ed

Is that per pack or an entire base set less sketch cards?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I prefer base sets over chase cards and sketches. Guess I'll just be enjoying these sets when images appear on the internet!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
When the base sets grow to 36 + cards we will be looking at possibly releasing limited factory sets of base cards, but with 18 card basic sets it's not really viable. No doubt the basic sets will turn up once packs are broken, they typically do Smile

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ed

Is that per pack or an entire base set less sketch cards?

Per pack. It takes 3 packs to make a base set and Cult-Stuff is kind enough mark them A,B,C so you don't have to keep buying blindly.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cult-Stuff is kind enough mark them A,B,C so you don't have to keep buying blindly.

Ed

This was a really fantastic idea that Jason had to do this, i don't know if anyone has ever done anything like it before.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
This was a really fantastic idea that Jason had to do this, i don't know if anyone has ever done anything like it before.

Inkworks with "A Very Supernatural Christmas", the special packs were sold as A and B so that the buyer knew which one of the 2 costume cards were inside. It is a great idea. Thumb Up

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Yes, thats right Raven, they did and it was a very good idea!

I am busy scanning new sketch cards in but in the mean time this is a cut up version of one of the chase sets, which makes up a very cool and fun puzzle, it's mixed up so we don't spoil all the fun! The art was done by Pablo Díaz who has impressed me a great deal.
More images to follow.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Pablo Díaz

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Clayton McCormack

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
More art to follow later but a lot of it can be seen on www.cult-stuff.com/cards indexed by artist and set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Wot no Wolfies? Frown