Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New conan movie set
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New conan movie set
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted
steve stated on facebook today that "We will likely have a small set of cards for the new Conan movie, including autograph cards signed by Jason Momoa!"

out in August

sounds like another conan factory set to me but we will see

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Maybe there will finally be a Rachel Nichols autograph card, too. I was hoping that Rittenhouse would have done an expansion for the 2009 Star Trek movie and included her, but this will be almost as good (and she's not green in Conan, which is a bonus).

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Maybe there will finally be a Rachel Nichols autograph card, too. I was hoping that Rittenhouse would have done an expansion for the 2009 Star Trek movie and included her, but this will be almost as good (and she's not green in Conan, which is a bonus).

I have been hoping for a Rachel Nichols auto in a card set for season five of Alias but I guess that is never going to happen Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Picture is up at Facebook I will try and steal..I mean borrow it and post here..

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Master Set of Stargate Universe 2 ... Feeling the hurt after spending alot on the Bond set before it ..... Thought i had time to recover ..... Bloody heck .... I guess not , Another set i must get . The previews for the movie look great . As you all know i am a Stargate freak . So this is a no brainer Dance

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stargaterules:
I just bought a Master Set of Stargate Universe 2 ... Feeling the hurt after spending alot on the Bond set before it ..... Thought i had time to recover ..... Bloody heck .... I guess not , Another set i must get . The previews for the movie look great . As you all know i am a Stargate freak . So this is a no brainer Dance

My feeling on this movie is it's going to be big and dumb... and not in a good way. Jason Momoa couldn't act in Stargate, and the director of this new Conan was awful in Pathfinder. If anything, Pathfinder was already a Conan movie.

Now, Momoa was excellent in his role in Game of Thrones, and Karl Urban (Pathfinder) was good in Star Trek, so, that leads us back to weak directors...

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I liked Momoa in Atlantis . Thought the show got stronger with him in it ( after season 1 ).
My favorite Atlantis Ep was the Wraith and Ronon's fight on his home planet Smokin' Haven't seen Games of Thrones yet do to no HBO . Going to buy the DvD's though for that and Camelot .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really liked Momoa in Stargate, I'm looking forward to the movie and cards!

Jon

Posts: 5414 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah Momoa was fine in Stargate, just like Judge was in SG1. They had to play big, dumb guys. Still, there is a fine line between big and dumb working in a movie, and making it just big and dumb (as I mentioned with Pathfinder).

I hope Conan is a great movie as the original is one of my all-time favorites but the director just doesn't give me confidence.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Every show has to have it's Worf! I don't mean to be rude but thats what he flet like when I was watching Atlantis

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
Yeah Momoa was fine in Stargate, just like Judge was in SG1. They had to play big, dumb guys. Still, there is a fine line between big and dumb working in a movie, and making it just big and dumb (as I mentioned with Pathfinder).

I hope Conan is a great movie as the original is one of my all-time favorites but the director just doesn't give me confidence.

To each his own. . . Momoa and Judge were two of my favorite Stargate characters/actors.

Never saw Pathfinder. . .

Posts: 5414 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
its conan not hamlet nobody ever said arnold was a master actor either...that being said i like jason momoa so i will see the flick

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
To each his own. . .

There's no own here. Momoa is not a brilliant actor. BUT he will be fine in Conan as long as the director is able. However, the director previously did Pathfinder which was a horrible movie and a Conan wannabe. It had a chase scene. A chase scene in a Viking movie set in ancient America.

Teal'c is by far my favorite character in SG1 but anyone saying Judge is brilliant or a great actor is ... well...

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Every show has to have it's Worf! I don't mean to be rude but thats what he flet like when I was watching Atlantis

And there's the problem. Worf as a character was given plenty of time in two series to develop and show emotion. Ronan was quite a flat character for most of Atlantis (the show itself was quite flat [with the exception of Rodney], the Stargate people having lost their direction somewhere near the middle of SG1).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
its conan not hamlet

Well said. Thumb Up

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
They have done one thing for Conan that bodes well for the movie: It's not PG-13, it's a straight R rating.

Conan is meant to bloody and brutal with a healthy dose of damsels to lighten the mood.

Hopefully they give us an entertaining movie, can you really expect more from Conan?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
They have done one thing for Conan that bodes well for the movie: It's not PG-13, it's a straight R rating.

Conan is meant to bloody and brutal with a healthy dose of damsels to lighten the mood.

Hopefully they give us an entertaining movie, can you really expect more from Conan?

Ed

The first logical reply in this thread Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Info for Conan set is up at Rittenhouse...

Rittenhouse Archives is pleased to announce 2011 Conan Movie Preview Trading Cards!

This limited edition run of only 300 sets includes 9 cards featuring an authentic autograph card signed by Jason Momoa (Conan), a Conan costume relic card and 7 Conan character cards.

Conan The Barbarian opens in theaters nationwide on August 19th. The film stars Jason Momoa (Conan), Rachel Nichols (Tamara), Stephen Lang (Khalar Zym), Rose McGowan (Marique) and Ron Perlman (Corin). For more details and to view the latest trailer for the film, visit the official Conan The Barbarian movie website at http://www.conanthebarbarianin3d.com/.

$129.99...looks like it will be a little out of my price range for 1 auto..but we will see.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
$129.99...looks like it will be a little out of my price range for 1 auto..but we will see.

I was just going to post here too. For $129, you also get a relic card as well, plus the other 7 base cards, of course.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... A lot of people are going to be disappointed no other cast members signed for this.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm guessing that if you seek out a dealer it will be cheaper than buying direct.

I'm thinking you'll be able to pick up this set in the $100 range, which is a little better.

This might be one of those cases where they just couldn't get any more signers to participate. But that seems odd seeing as McGowan and Perlman have signed before.

But movie sets have always had a timing issue. Maybe if this sells well and the movie does well there can be an expansion set. That's happened before...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post