Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Upper Deck Marvel Premier
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upper Deck Marvel Premier
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
lol that does seem pretty ridiculous

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Found out last week I won't be getting the case I ordered.

Do you think that means they've sold out or they have no idea how to run a business?

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DeathStorm:
quote:
Found out last week I won't be getting the case I ordered.

Do you think that means they've sold out or they have no idea how to run a business?

It has nothing to do with selling out of the product. You have to be an official member of the UD retailers club, with a brick and mortar store.

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
That is not 100% true, Ed could order it, as could I, as long as it is with the intent to open the product and not re-sell it online or "out of territory" for the specified length of time (90 days online or 1 year out of territory).

One or two of the large "official" online retailers likely bought up the inventory thinking it is a goldmine...I belive it is more like a field of landmines.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
That is not 100% true, Ed could order it, as could I, as long as it is with the intent to open the product and not re-sell it online or "out of territory" for the specified length of time (90 days online or 1 year out of territory).

Iggy,

Not true this time. I couldn't get ANY without a Brick and Mortar store. Not unwrapped, not at all. As I said, I'd ordered a case and had it cancelled.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

Iggy,

Not true this time. I couldn't get ANY without a Brick and Mortar store. Not unwrapped, not at all. As I said, I'd ordered a case and had it cancelled.

Ed

I guess this is what they will be doing in the future when they hve a hot product which sells out on pre-orders.No doubt they will come crawling back to you when they have something woth low pre-sales Shake Head .I hope you tell them where to go Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reality of the situation is simple. Upper Deck cut its Entertainment Division down from 40 people to 4. We are seeing the best that 4 people can do trying to do the jobs of 40.

Add the fact that the higher levels of management are and always have been batshit crazy, and this is what you get.

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the Emotion cards are a wrap. Tomorrow night I'll button them up and Friday they are off to Upper Deck.

I honestly didn't think I'd make the deadline.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
That's a bit of a tease, don't ya think? How about an "accidental" sneak!

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgf351:
That's a bit of a tease, don't ya think? How about an "accidental" sneak!

not meaning to tease. I don't think I'm allowed to show actual cards that are finished though. I'm pretty sure I signed something saying no showie.

But there may or not be a test page or two at www.orange-thirteen.com

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see there is now an extension to this set which will work wonders on the value of the impossible to complete base set. Interesting to see a bit more information about the Emotion Booklets too:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/1067018326

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Some sketch cards that leaked out. http://lazeedog.deviantart.com/#/d5du2xs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Those leaked sketches look REALLY nice and if it were a regular release pull I'd be extremely happy! Really beautifully done and great interpretations of a lot of other artists and characters.

But doing a 5 panel triple fold out puzzle? OMG that's just so wrong.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Those leaked sketches look REALLY nice and if it were a regular release pull I'd be extremely happy! Really beautifully done and great interpretations of a lot of other artists and characters.

The cyclops section would be cropped a little oddly but the rest wouldn't be too bad.

Who is the character on the single card? That reminds me a lot of a Marvelman costume.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

The cyclops section would be cropped a little oddly but the rest wouldn't be too bad.

Who is the character on the single card? That reminds me a lot of a Marvelman costume.

I don't think any cards will be cropped for this set, as all sketch cards were sent to the artists already cut. The long cards are folded (hinged) cards and he drew on a few and I believe he scanned them together as a puzzle.

I believe the character on the single card is Ms Marvel (in her new Captain Marvel costume).

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I was referring to the 5 part puzzle sketch in the link.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
I was referring to the 5 part puzzle sketch in the link.

I was referring to that too. It is 5 of the long hinged cards. Drawn together as a puzzle piece and scanned together. The pics above it on the right are the other side of the hinged cards. The P on the top of the puzzle cards are the first card of the hinged piece going downwards. I saw several artists at a con drawing on them.

posted Hide Post
not touching this overpriced pack of 6 cards at all - especially with UD's who who who can buy these boxes direct

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
This set in my opinion, will sink faster than the Titanic.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to stay hopeful about this set, but I'm puzzled why UD is being so passive about promoting it. I certainly won't buy any packs at that crazy price, but I'll try to pick up a sketch or two later on.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post