Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    my ewok card now feels dirty ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my ewok card now feels dirty ?
 Login/Join

posted
i loved owning my non sport ewok fur card untill yesterday when a actor who played a ewok in star wars and a character in harry potter was placed on the sex offenders register for playing with his own furry freind on a public train in the uk.ill never think off ewoks in the same light anymore.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I allways knew there was something wrong about those Ewoks. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
i loved owning my non sport ewok fur card untill yesterday when a actor who played a ewok in star wars and a character in harry potter was placed on the sex offenders register for playing with his own furry freind on a public train in the uk.ill never think off ewoks in the same light anymore.

Who? Warwick Davis???

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but consider the potential dna find and cloning possibilities .. the price should soar like a tie fighter Big Grin

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:

Who? Warwick Davis???

It Wasn't Warrick Davis.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here's the story:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/20..._nub_in_public_t.php

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ha ha ha ha gives a new meaning to juggling.and short term sentance

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ha ha ha ha gives a new meaning to juggling.and short term sentance

I don't think we should belittle the guy...

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Not to play the heavy here but someone put in an alert about this thread pointing out there is a 17 year-old girl in the mix here and we should probably not be having a laugh about the situation or at least realize others may be more sensitive to the matter.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree, I don't see where this is anything card related.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The legal age in England is 16. Just saying.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Not to play the heavy here but someone put in an alert about this thread pointing out there is a 17 year-old girl in the mix here and we should probably not be having a laugh about the situation or at least realize others may be more sensitive to the matter.

Thanks.

While I agree with Batman that this thread is hardly card related, I'm kind of curious about that alert Harris.

As Card Talk is an open forum that can be accessed by any guest, it is obviously available to be read by any number of minors that no one knows about. And since there is no age requirement for members, any number of members may be minors.

I hope we are not going to start getting alerts on offensive content when its just the usual stuff that has been here for years. If that were the case, you had better go hide all those Vampirella sketches that keep getting posted. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Thanks.

While I agree with Batman that this thread is hardly card related, I'm kind of curious about that alert Harris.

As Card Talk is an open forum that can be accessed by any guest, it is obviously available to be read by any number of minors that no one knows about. And since there is no age requirement for members, any number of members may be minors.

I hope we are not going to start getting alerts on offensive content when its just the usual stuff that has been here for years. If that were the case, you had better go hide all those Vampirella sketches that keep getting posted. Big Grin

I hear you Raven. And thanks a lot for posting your opinion.

I found myself trying to balance things here. The person who put in the alert stated he/she did not think this was an appropriate topic for Card Talk and asked that the thread be removed. I had to make my own judgement call here. In my opinion, I did not feel the thread needed to be removed. Instead, I posted what I did so that maybe our members would know there are other opinions out there.

And for the record, I am not changing directions or anything like that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I feel that an alert like this needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis. In this case, we have some who obviously don't have a problem posting about what's going on here and others that don't want to see it here. In the end, it's up to me to make the call.

Harris

PS I should also point out that I also appreciate the input from the person who put in the alert. I might not have seen the post otherwise, though in this case I had.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well im glad i live in a country with freedom of speech.the post was card related because as i (in my own opinion) think that most people who read about the incident will wonder was my card material worn by a pervert . im saying LITTLE else on the subject.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

well im glad i live in a country with freedom of speech.

Oh, have you moved out of England then? Wink

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Does this topic deserve a thread? Yes, just as much as the one we had talking about Gary Glitter and his problems way back when. The only difference is this should be in the Entertainment section, not here in the News & Rumors section.

As Raven has been so kind to point out, if people are concerned about risque content, then those awesome Vampy sketches we've been treated to on nearly a daily basis would be off-limits for sure.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
But, are you sure this Ewok fur was worn by this actor ????

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
But, are you sure this Ewok fur was worn by this actor ????

Do we really want to see the court evidence?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Order in the court 'cause here comes de judge. Metal It would get thrown out of court for lack of evidence. hahahahaha Thumb Up

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I would say this case, by definition, is a "hot button" issue.

Was that a joke? Only if you think it was...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post