Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic wholesale price changes....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic wholesale price changes....
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me it won't make a difference as the titles I am interested in from Cryptozoic seem to be the ones that sell badly and end up heavily discounted Smile . I just bought a box each of Alphas, Vampire Diaries 1 and Fringe 3/4 and the total for the three was less than the cost of one box when they were first released.

Unless you are after Walking Dead or Big Bang wait a few months and the gamble of buying a box won't be anything like as big Smile .

Except that business model has to reach critical mass at some point.

No dealer can afford to offload stuff at 2/3 off the original price. At least not long term.

Sure you MIGHT make it up on Walking Dead, but even Big Bang 5 is pretty much at normal price levels now.

Something will have to give.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Except that business model has to reach critical mass at some point.

No dealer can afford to offload stuff at 2/3 off the original price. At least not long term.

Sure you MIGHT make it up on Walking Dead, but even Big Bang 5 is pretty much at normal price levels now.

Something will have to give.

Ed

There used to be a department store chain in New York named Caldor that pre-dated the K-Marts and Walmarts in certain locations. Caldor ran into financial problems with inventory and creditors.

To raise money, it slashed prices. Customers came, stores were crowded, bargains were had and sales were made. The problem was that those bargains and sales were at or below the wholesale prices Caldor was buying the merchandise. They were very busy and still losing money.

Caldor went bankrupt and closed all stores, K-Mart picked up the better locations around here.

The same principal can be applied to any business when the sale price goes below the wholesale price or manufacturing price. There will be bargains galor for a time, but it is unsustainable and will close up the business if not corrected in time.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me it won't make a difference as the titles I am interested in from Cryptozoic seem to be the ones that sell badly and end up heavily discounted Smile . I just bought a box each of Alphas, Vampire Diaries 1 and Fringe 3/4 and the total for the three was less than the cost of one box when they were first released.

Unless you are after Walking Dead or Big Bang wait a few months and the gamble of buying a box won't be anything like as big Smile .

that is the trouble - whilst you have a bargain somebody is losing money, in the end there won't be people to sell you items at a loss

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about business but how does it make sense to raise the price on products that may well be at $40-$50 a box and $500 a case not long after release anyway? People still aren't going to buy them and now in even bigger numbers. To me this seems all about how much are dealers willing to pay for being able to get Big Bang, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, etc. But then they have to take a hit on almost everything else. Why pick up these other licenses in the first place if you have to force them on people this way. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post