Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

We've got some info on the blog today about Famous Fabrics' 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW series:

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Interestingly, the series has a link to our own Ted Dastick Jr! Ted did the art for the base cards.

There's only 240 boxes being produced and boxes contain 6 cards -- 2 cut signature cards and 4 limited base cards. Check out the link above for more info.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Interestingly, the series has a link to our own Ted Dastick Jr! Ted did the art for the base cards.

Thumb Up

I didn't do the artwork of the dog or that Dolly Madison painting on the link, but I did portraits of all the Presidents and First Ladies. Seeing the finished product is such a thrill, can't wait til the actual cards are released!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I did the art for the Presidential Pets cards.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:

Oh, that's cool. I didn't know that. I've only seen the one so far and it's great.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:

I was wondering who did those.... cool!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some more info posted: http://prezsez.wordpress.com/2...a-avenue-on-its-way/

Hope it's ok to post that link.

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
I had pre-ordered 5 boxes of this release as I had done the Horrors of War and was very pleased with the product. However, I was told by my local dealer yesterday that these were going to be $1500.00 per PACK! Of course I cancelled my pre-order! Can a dealer on our Card Talk site verify or dispute this? I hope this was a math error on my dealers part! Thank-you for any information!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
$1500 a pack is about the going rate. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Yeah, $1500 would be correct.

This set is NOT for everyone. Not really sure who it's for actually.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is still cheaper than the Leaf upcoming presidential release (Leaf Oval Office)...they are supposed to be $2000/pack.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I still can't find a reason to like them cutting documents or correspondence for the signatures alone. I'd prefer to see them "custom frame/border" the full pages (similar to Allen & Ginter's framing of Mini's).
Regardless, I'd love to know what they do with the 'scraps'.
And I have no idea who the target demographic is either Ed. Whoever it is must have DEEP pockets for these rapid fire releases.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Famous Fabrics has set a release date for 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW of February 23rd.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Yeah, $1500 would be correct.

This set is NOT for everyone. Not really sure who it's for actually.

Ed

I can't think of anyone who i know in the non sports collecting field who would buy a pack of this so who is it aimed at?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
There's a sizable section of the hobby that collects somewhat quietly, going through their dealers and vendors.

Also, this is a set that, despite its price tag, has a broader appeal outside of general card collectors and into historical autograph collectors.

With so few packs available, it won't take much for these to sell out either. It's not my thing but all the power to those who can afford them - it's a nice looking collection.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is aimed at the high end sports card collector way more that non sport card collectors. There are LOTS of people out there in the sports card world that would take a gamble at hitting a huge card like the JFK/Monroe and making a substantial profit on their $1500 investment. Its high end gambling. There is a really solid core of presidential cut collectors as well, I have dealt with a couple in my days and they are serious about products like this.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think when i left school i must have turned left instead of right.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
The collecting community consists of a very wide spectrum of interest and economic means.
For cards, some can only afford a base set of their favorites, others can afford items like this and most of us fall somewhere in between.
I'm happy to know about things like this, even if I can't afford them. It's all good.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope I can afford a few of my base cards! With only 10 possible sets to be made, they probably won't come cheap.

I'd like to be able to afford that Lincoln cut since it also has my art on it. Maybe the mortgage company will let me slide for a few months.... Smile