Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Clerks (Upper Deck)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clerks (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
It looks like Upper Deck's Clerks set is finally in the pipeline.

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...lerks-trading-cards/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
20 packs per box

1 parallel per pack

2 autos per box (7 different styles)

Other inserts

1 patch per box

1 sketch per case

About $ 100 a box Frown

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the autographs are on card signatures. Shame they can't do the same for their Marvel releases Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
These will probably be on Epack sooner than later. I'll pick up at least a few of those, but I have already have Jay and Silent Bob's autographs on Mallrats cards from back then, and with the kind of salutations written on them that might might not make it on to these Clerks cards, I think, (although I guess they might given that this set is not intended for kids). In-character notations added by the signers (as seen with the "Parks and Recreation" and "Bates Motel" sets autos) would be most welcome and could be very funny.

I'll probably go for one each of the Dante and Randal autographs, no matter what, to finish the main foursome. I wonder who besides those four are signing, if anyone? The sketches should be interesting, and even the patches might be worthwhile, if they are cleverly designed. The fake cigarette brand packaging could make a great patch, also the number "37", etc...

I think the videotape package art insert set described here by Ryan as... "(artist) Walt Flanagan of Comic Book Men interprets video covers for a certain order that’s placed in the movie. Again, a reference fans should get and a reminder that this set’s not for kids even if Happy Scrappy, Hero Pup is one of the cards." ...could be a real hoot.

Glad these are on the way...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chesspieceface:

I wonder who besides those four are signing, if anyone?[QUOTE]

Last year Marilyn Ghigliotti (Veronica) tweeted these images of her signing cards for the set.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I'll have to keep an out eye for these.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
This is a set that I'm really looking forward. However, my excitement was dashed rather quickly as I saw the price of $100/box. I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, I own more collectibles and autographed memorabilia from his View Askewniverse then anything else. I just can't imagine anyway that this would be worth it. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm with Upper Deck, they announce a release that I'd be interested in but then I get to the cost. Frown

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At $ 100 a box, I guess that means packs will be $ 5 if there are 20 ?

If you only get 2 of the 7 autos per box, I guess you need at least 4 boxes, with luck

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Upper Deck and I are divorced. I got the house and the dog, they can keep their stupid cards.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Cardboard Connection has posted the full checklist...

http://www.cardboardconnection...clerks-trading-cards

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I like the design of the RST Video Membership card auto's.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Added bit of information. The character cards in the base set are SP. I opened a case and could only make two complete base sets of the 90 cards. They are listed on the Beckett checklist as being 1:5 packs.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post