Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Signature Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Signature Cards
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hello!
The Walking Dead Comic Trading Cards will be releasing soon, and as there are some questions surrounding this release, I though I'd try to clear up a few things.
We are very excited to be releasing this product as many of us in the office are huge fans of the comics. I've been sad to hear that there will be some fans that will have a difficult time trying to find boxes upon release, but we hope to get a better balance of supply to demand for the next set. There are lots of comments about what increasing production would mean, which reminds me a lot of The Price Is Right... You want to get as close to the supply-demand equilibrium without going over, and that is our goal. We will be very conservative in any decisions to increase quantities, and will keep very close to heart collector wishes. Sketch card insert ratio is 1:24 packs, and the autographs from the creators are inserted in packs as well. There will be 25 redemptions for oversized, signed art cards by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard. This is also the first product that we have inserted Plate Cards, and I'm very excited about those as well.

The Walking Dead Comic Trading Card San Diego Comic-Con edition binders (that's a mouthful) have exclusive artwork on the cover. Each binder contains a foil-stamped The Walking Dead logo version of the SDCC promo card and a complete base set. We wanted to release more base sets so that more fans had a chance to collect the majority of the content from the set. The binders will be available from numerous distributors and dealers that are attending the convention, as well as a very limited quantity in our store. I wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty available for sale online upon release, so plenty of folks should have the opportunity to pick one up even if you aren't attending the convention.

I'm also very eager to see more sketch cards from artists! If you haven't checked it out lately, we added a few more cards to the site, take a look take a look!

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Miranda,

Thanks for the update with all those details.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miranda-Would you be able to confirm the number of boxes and binders being produced for this release (not including the SD version of the binder)? Thank you.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
are there any final image specs for the SDCC binder and exclusive card? I see some up on feebay and waiting to decide until I see what it looks like.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Images are now appearing on ebay. Not many pre-sales from what I'm seeing. Perhaps 1,000 binders will prove a bit much for a card collecting base more interested in the TV series. I've got mine ordered.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
I've been sad to hear that there will be some fans that will have a difficult time trying to find boxes upon release, but we hope to get a better balance of supply to demand for the next set.

Yeah, I was sad too... When I found out I only got 13% of my box order and 0% of my binder order. Especially since orders were still being taken when it was a known fact the set was sold out.

I have sad/mad customers, and the bad thing is they might not be back for the Season 2 cards since I wasn't able to fill their orders with this one. I know I'd have trouble trusting someone that I ordered a case from and all I can get is a box.

Sorry to rant, but I needed to vent and you did say you were sad too.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
I've been sad to hear that there will be some fans that will have a difficult time trying to find boxes upon release, but we hope to get a better balance of supply to demand for the next set.

Yeah, I was sad too... When I found out I only got 13% of my box order and 0% of my binder order. Especially since orders were still being taken when it was a known fact the set was sold out.

I have sad/mad customers, and the bad thing is they might not be back for the Season 2 cards since I wasn't able to fill their orders with this one. I know I'd have trouble trusting someone that I ordered a case from and all I can get is a box.

Sorry to rant, but I needed to vent and you did say you were sad too.

Ed

Thanks Ed. Email sent. Time to rant.

If I don't end up with at least one reasonably priced album (somehow) to go with the one box that I'll be scoring, CZE and just keep Season 2, because I'll be done with all of their products. Already hand one major nightmare with Season 1, and if the Comic series turns out to be another, I'm not sticking around for another.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
What is the actual release date on this?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
This week. The 6.

Posts: 20 | Location: Leganés | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to have these in my hands! I hope the Autograph ratio is decent!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
So this comes out on the 6th and the SDCC albums on the 15th?

Looks like I will get one box. Maybe the SDCC albums. No luck yet with the regular albums.

I hope this isn't going to be like Season 1, where it took two boxes to make one base set.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Really? That just really sucks. Frown

Gosh, I lucked out and got a base set for the three boxes I was able to get AND pulled the one auto I truly wanted- Norman Reedus.

Because of the fiasco with the comic images, I'm nervous about season 2 for the tv show. Doing more than crossing my fingers that it won't be a disaster.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Thought you might want to check out this video of Robert Kirman in our comic con store. He opens some packs on camera too!

Enjoy!
Robert Kirman Visits CZE

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post