Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Signature Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Signature Cards
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I am making no assumptions about you Batman. I am stating my opinion as a collector who sells nothing. I don't worry about the price of product sitting around in someone else's inventory, only about what it costs me to buy a sealed box or two at a time. The secondary market takes care of itself when I look for individual cards.

As to why not buy a product early if you like it, that is exactly what I do if I have confidence in the pre-release data, which is not always true. However, even when I do order a couple of boxes, you are now making the assumption that I can afford to purchase in multiple quantity or even get a case all at once. I can't. Over time I may get 7 or 8 boxes of something I like, but never will I put out that much money in one shot. So if a box opens at $70 and is now selling for $120, as in TBBT for example, I am done buying anymore boxes than I orginally ordered.

For those collectors who did come late to the game, they pay $120 or are shut out. I don't think its good to have boxes that high, that fast. If allocation and short production runs are the reason they should be increased in the next series.

Again, I am not referring to the secondary market pricing of individual cards or premium hits, just the price of a sealed box of cards that, once opened, is very likely to have nothing more than the common guaranteed hit in it.

And Igman, I don't want boxes to cost less than they started, just not jump by 50% or 60% the following month. The risk of buying that blind box becomes prohibitive when you know the price is too high for what it likely contains.

Hope that makes sense, its hard to explain a position and keep it short. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Raven and Batman.

I'm a collector and a dealer. Or was a part-time dealer.

I ordered a small amount of series one from a well known distributor that I have done business with for over 15 years.

They invoiced me and billed me for boxes and albums. But only shipped the boxes, and could not come up with the albums, because Crypto shorted them.

I and the product brought in non card collectors to the hobby, and the manufacturer and distributor turned them away just as fast. That is not good for the hobby.

This wasn't the first time this has happened, and was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am strictly a collector now.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
A slight increase in production might not be too bad, if the signing list is as strong as the last offering for season 1.

If Andrew Lincoln signs, and Redus does again, I'm pretty sure sales will skyrocket.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
If production stays the same, either everyone will get what they ordered last time leaving nothing for new dealers or those of us with new customers. Or, they will allocate based on previous sales of all products meaning most dealers would get less as there are more dealers getting cards.

If this occurs, I promise that boxes will START at $100. The Walking Dead is just too popular.

Now, I'm not talking what Artbox did with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Update set. I'm talking a modest increase to accommodate new fans without costing everyone an arm and a leg right out of the gate.

You can keep the product collectible and still make a fair number of cases. And if you price out all the new collectors, what good does that do the hobby in general?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I certainly don't want to see $100 per box, not right off anyways, that would cut down my buying for sure.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I would love to see more close up images of those signature cards and still curious what the other potential surpises will be in the comic series product.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Just got word that my Dead are now allowed to walk into the public's eyes. Here is a sample of my Walking Dead cards for the Comic Series from Cryptozoic Entertainment. My Proofs are all sold thanks in advance!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NICE RICH, love the comic style art! To bad I missed out on AP!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
Very nice cards, Rich. Here are some of mine.

Posts: 20 | Location: Leganés | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
MORE GOODNESS! Any AP's Available?

Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
My AP's are all available. But I don't have them yet. Cryptozoic will ship them soon.

Posts: 20 | Location: Leganés | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is what I've been waiting for! Nice job guys, looking forward to cracking my boxes even more now...

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
I did 20 sketches for this set - loved trying something a little different from my comfort zone...

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
Thanks John. A few more of mine.

posted Hide Post
Looks like there will be a San Diego version of the binder being produced. Inside will be the base set and a foil card exclusive to these binders. 1,000 being produced for the show.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea how they will be selling the binders? Will there be a pre-sale or perhaps they'll be distributed amoung the card dealers?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My "guess" is that they will be selling them in their own store which would be in the gaslamp district. OR you can check the retailers advertising forum to see who may have some available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: non-sportcards,

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
Just read about this, and couldn't find any info here about it, so thought I'd share.

Guessing these will be in the Comic Series cards.

Robert Kirkman at the center top. Sina Grace on the bottom left. And Charlie Adlard on the bottom Right. Rus Wooton will also be providing signature cards for the set.

Source: http://www.skybound.com/skybou...card-sneak-peek.html

Are these going to be standard inserted autographs or are they the oversized signed cards from the redemptions?

Is it true there are only going to be 2,000 boxes of this release? No wonder my order was cut back so much! Mad

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Why aren't more artist posting their sketches?

I wanna see some more Eek

posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it true there are only going to be 2,000 boxes of this release? No wonder my order was cut back so much!

That makes sense now I here their selling 1,000 binders with base sets at SDCC. Sounds like they may be short on sketches or auto to include in the boxes.