Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Signature Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Signature Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted
Just read about this, and couldn't find any info here about it, so thought I'd share.

Guessing these will be in the Comic Series cards.

Robert Kirkman at the center top. Sina Grace on the bottom left. And Charlie Adlard on the bottom Right. Rus Wooton will also be providing signature cards for the set.

Source: http://www.skybound.com/skybou...card-sneak-peek.html

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like these and would also like to see some examples of the sketch cards as well.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I like these and would also like to see some examples of the sketch cards as well.

Here's all I've seen so far.

Michonne by Cal Slayton

Carl by Mike Legan

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the sketch examples. They have a comic book look about them which makes sense based on the theam of the set.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
NICE,

LOVE THE DESIGNS FOR BOTH THE AUTOS AND SKETCHES!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Any more news on est. release date for these?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just recieved this from my distributor, "To all;
Please be advised, that The Walking Dead Comic Book Trading Cards and Binders will be extremely limited and the quantities will be allocated based on prior Trading Card purchases. All orders are due on June 15th and I will let everyone know their allocations by June 20th.
Thank you, Kurt

Kurt Nelson - Director of Sales
Cryptozoic Entertainment".

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please be advised, that The Walking Dead Comic Book Trading Cards and Binders will be extremely limited and the quantities will be allocated based on prior Trading Card purchases. All orders are due on June 15th and I will let everyone know their allocations by June 20th.

In other words "just because you ordered some, it does not mean you'll get that many."

I hate allocations and I especially hate going back to customers who pre-ordered and tell them that I cannot fill some/all of their order.

I expected this though. Same problem is going to happen with the Season 2 cards. Everyone is going to want double what they got for season 1 and I don't see CZE doubling production. Increase, maybe but not doubling.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

In other words "just because you ordered some, it does not mean you'll get that many."

I hate allocations and I especially hate going back to customers who pre-ordered and tell them that I cannot fill some/all of their order.

I expected this though. Same problem is going to happen with the Season 2 cards. Everyone is going to want double what they got for season 1 and I don't see CZE doubling production. Increase, maybe but not doubling.

Ed

I'd be surprised if the production run was even increased. It sounds like CZE has a good thing going, and I don't know if I would want to "water down" a high demand release by upping production numbers, even despite the fact that they would basically be printing money no matter how large a run they did.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though it limits my chances through allocations I would not want them to water down either release with increased numbers. I am surprised the comic book release has so much interest.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to bother with the comic series myself, even though I do enjoy the comic, I like the show better.

The Kirkman autograph is the main draw in it for me, but I may end up liking the base set, will just have to wait and see.

I hope they don't increase the print runs either. I don't think any of us want to see CZE go down the road that Upperdeck, or a lot of other manufacturers have by over-producing something to the point it is not worth even keeping.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm in the minority. A reasonable increase, 20% or less, would be a good thing for collectors.

Right now, if they produce exactly the same then there won't be much if any for new collectors. What are they going to do, only let people that ordered Season 1 order Season 2 in the exact same quantities? If that's the case, you'll see $100 boxes right off the bat.

I think of it the same as Buffy. The first set was a small print run, then they increased a bit. But Inkworks never printed them to death like has been done with some licenses.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I guess I'm in the minority. A reasonable increase, 20% or less, would be a good thing for collectors.
Ed

I can't say if you're in the minority or not, but at least I agree with you. Wink

I am now looking at boxes of a few products that are at or over the $130 mark. Some have very short autograph card lists or don't even guarantee an autograph. One doesn't guarantee a sketch, which is the big draw.

Tell me that I will pull a rare and valuable auto and I will buy it. Big Grin More than likely I will pull a $15 auto and a material card. No way am I buying blind boxes at these prices.

Collectors wanted their cards to have sustainable value, they wanted base sets with value. They now have boxes they can't afford and they are no better off with the cards they are getting. Frown

Talking about new collectors, what new collectors? The old ones are cutting back or becoming disenchanted with their own habits. I am now waiting for collectors to start pushing back against this new found so called value because they are getting stiffed, they just haven't figured it out yet. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Actually, TWD season 1 brought in quite a few new collectors.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Actually, TWD season 1 brought in quite a few new collectors.

Yes, but it turned away a couple of new/would be collectors due to allocations (and a lying distributor).

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
I wasn't going to bother with the comic series myself, even though I do enjoy the comic, I like the show better.

The Kirkman autograph is the main draw in it for me, but I may end up liking the base set, will just have to wait and see.

I hope they don't increase the print runs either. I don't think any of us want to see CZE go down the road that Upperdeck, or a lot of other manufacturers have by over-producing something to the point it is not worth even keeping.

I'm going for the base set too, for the art; since I don't own the comics. I have plenty of art and signatures from Robert and Tony.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree with keeping the same production numbers, let's not get greedy, that's hurt the hobby way too many times, if you wanted to buy boxes, autos, etc., they were available at release price for a reasonable amount of time, if you waited then you had to pay more but that's the way it has been for a number of sets. Better for everyone to sell out than sitting on product they will have for the next five years in inventory that's getting dumped by a number of others.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I agree with keeping the same production numbers, let's not get greedy, that's hurt the hobby way too many times, if you wanted to buy boxes, autos, etc., they were available at release price for a reasonable amount of time, if you waited then you had to pay more but that's the way it has been for a number of sets. Better for everyone to sell out than sitting on product they will have for the next five years in inventory that's getting dumped by a number of others.

I understand your point, but once again how anyone looks at it depends on who you are.

By everyone selling out you mean the manufacturer first and then the dealers. If collector demand remains high after what you term a reasonable amount of time, which I guess is the first few weeks after release, the prices will rise. Good for the dealers and stocked sellers, not so good for the collector who couldn't or wouldn't pre-order or buy in large quantity early.

Remember that we are not talking about over production, which I agree is no good for anyone as it destroys value. We are talking about allocating boxes or cases of product that now have an established demand. If non-sport collectors who are willing to spend money suddenly find themselves shut out of product that they want, but can't get their hands on at a reasonable price, that creates another kind of problem. The base of the collector pyramid erodes just as much as it would with over production.

I don't know why a modest increase in production wouldn't be in order when the orders are there, that of course is from a collector's point of view.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Are you saying I am not a collector? If you are you are wrong and should not make such assumptions. As I stated, if you want a release don't wait to see how things fall out, if you want a product buy it, if you like it why wait? Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem has been all of the releases that can be had for cost or less a month after release. Some folks have the shortsided opinion that getting things for less than they could have originally is good. It may be, for the folks buying a box here or there, but not for the business as a whole.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post