Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A "master set" sold you know where for $ 4350. Notably, the auction doesn't say it was an Archive Box, but a true master set of every card

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Looks like a couple of Masters with the cut were pre-sold at $5,999.99.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is this true ? Roger Moore just died ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Is this true ? Roger Moore just died ?

Yes. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's so sad. I really liked him as James Bond and in his other roles.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well here's the answer that we suspected, but apparently no one wanted to confirm until now . . .

This is the last James Bond trading card release from Rittenhouse for the foreseeable future. That is according to the new NSU, which quotes Steve Charendoff thusly, "We've really done as much as we can feasibly do with James Bond for now."

So while they are not saying never, ever, but "at least for now", this would seem to be the end of the line with RA. If, as some collectors have thought, there were other autograph cards tucked away that were meant to fill gaps, either they were never made or it may be a long wait.

Sad to report this news on the same day that Roger Moore passed away. It does feel like an ending. Shake Head

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
This is the last James Bond trading card release from Rittenhouse for the foreseeable future.

What a rollercoaster of a day. First the unfortunate news of Roger Moore passing away. He was an icon and a fantastic Bond! When celebrity deaths happen every once in a while there's one that hits you just little bit harder and today was one of those times.

Then to hear this is in fact the final Bond set. I've had a blast collecting these cards and to have it end is a little sad. Bond was always a fixture for me each year so now there's a little less for me to look forward to trading card wise. I'm especially bummed that there won't be additional autos/relics for SPECTRE or chances at a Connery (besides the cut that I'll never be able to afford) or a Dalton.

Then a surprise! My case of the final Bond set arrived on my doorstep a day early! When I got to the Roger Moore auto it was a heavy moment. But a fun moment. Then a few boxes later I got the Daniel Craig auto! At the end of the day it was one of the most fun cases I ever opened!

Thanks for all of the fun over the years Rittenhouse! I hope "Bond will return..."

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Here it is....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's already 3 VERY different signatures for sale on that auction site. Oh how I miss the witnessed autographs rittenhouse did already....

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The back of the card says it has been personally signed by Sean Connery. That's a bit of a stretch, he presumably has never even seen the card let alone signed it.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The back of the card says it has been personally signed by Sean Connery. That's a bit of a stretch, he presumably has never even seen the card let alone signed it.

More of a falsehood than a stretch. It's a cut signature and not an autograph card in the traditional sense.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
That's one of the nicer looking cut card designs I've seen. Very clean!

I see the rarity levels are now on the checklist, too.

Daniel Craig and George Lazenby autographs are the only EL. Happy to see a couple of signers are slightly less scarce than I'd have guessed - also one of the Roger Moore cards is listed as L, whereas the others are VL, which increases my hopes of getting one. Sad to hear about him yesterday, for sure. Live and Let Die was one of my favourites of the whole series.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Here it is....

Thanks for taking the time to post the picture of the Connery card. Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

More of a falsehood than a stretch. It's a cut signature and not an autograph card in the traditional sense.

It's a bit of odd wording for a cut signature that was presumably authenticated by an authorized third party. The RA Star Trek 50th cuts had "This card contains an authentic signature of . . ." on the back.

When you see the "personally signed by" tag, it is generally a regular autograph card and the manufacturer is throwing the responsibility of guaranteed authenticity back at the signer because no company representative was present at the signing.

Its a slight difference in wording, but it means a big difference as to who may be held responsible for certification of the signature.

I don't think any signer can be held responsible for a cut signature chosen by someone else from any source.

The only two Connery cuts I have seen so far look like they are both off unlined paper or index. So it gives the appearance of having been signed for the card and is quite nice. It would however be better if the word "authentic" actually was on the back and, given that it had to authenticated to be used, I'm not sure why it isn't there.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Kryten67 - Did you open an archive box or just get the Connery? Curious what exactly is in the archive box. Seen a couple of different people selling them and each said something a little different.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So if this is the last Bond set, what will happen with the 3 autos that were never released--

A291, A294 and WA 48

And has the WA56 of Shima appeared yet ? What does it look like ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see what the other Connery signatures are like.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have seen the Shima WA56. Does not look like much at all. Tiny little photo. Hope it is not rare.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Have seen the Shima WA56. Does not look like much at all. Tiny little photo. Hope it is not rare.

ARCHIVE BOX EXCLUSIVE AUTO

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
8500 boxes @ 12 boxes per case

= 708 cases.... 1 Archive Box per 18 Cases =

Maximum Archive Boxes 39...

if you want 1...get it before they are GONE.

p.s. I'm not selling Bond....so it's cool