Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives- Final Edition.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
X Berenice Marlohe is a Autograph/Relic Card

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Berenice Marlohe (Severine/Quantum of Solace) is a Autograph/Relic

......and don't think i won't tell her you said so. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
X Berenice Marlohe (Severine/Quantum of Solace) is a Autograph/Relic Card

that's interesting
however she was in Skyfall not Quantum

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
quote:
X Berenice Marlohe (Severine/Quantum of Solace) is a Autograph/Relic Card

that's interesting
however she was in Skyfall not Quantum

Noted, I posted that direct from my source listed message, didn't think I needed to check for wrong movie mistakes.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If the Connery card is in an Archive Box 1 per 18 cases, how many do you think there will be ? How many cases are in a typical Bond set ?

Posts: 3993 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
If the Connery card is in an Archive Box 1 per 18 cases, how many do you think there will be ? How many cases are in a typical Bond set ?

The last release was 4000 boxes, so expect ~18 Archive boxes.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
12 boxes in a case, so you have to buy 216 boxes to get the Archive Box

Posts: 3993 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Darn it, I can only afford 215 boxes!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
12 boxes in a case, so you have to buy 216 boxes to get the Archive Box

I think all the collectors and most dealers would have wanted the 'Connery cut' to be hidden in the packs rather than an Archive box exclusive.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
.. That said, I think the writing is on the wall: there is more to come....

Ah, you mean a Sam Smith card. Big Grin Big Grin

Ha! I see what you did there Wink
Can't say I'm a fan myself, although did like the song. If they made an auto card for him I'm sure many would enjoy it.

I think the likes of Sam Smith, Adele, McCartney and Madonna are out of reach of Rittenhouse, but I wonder if they have approached Tom Jones who sang 'Thunderball'.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Connery autographs seem to be mainly on photographs from Bond films and vary quite dramatically in price. Collecting one of those would be a helluva lot cheaper.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Connery started off having good relations with the film producers, but by his fourth Bond movie, things started to deteriorate. Apparently, he's still bitter over the fact that during his 6 years as Bond (1962-1967 and 1971), in his view, the producers made hundreds of millions off of him and he didn't get his cut of it. Again, that's his side of the story

quote:
Originally posted by X:
Well, an interesting looking release for sure.

- Of all the announced signers only ONE is new (Mark Dymond). Even though lots of duplicate signers, lots of popular names in Berry, Craig, Bianchi etc.
- Nice to see another card from the late Richard Kiel, collectors seem to lap up his older full-bleeds.
- At last, another Judi Dench full-bleed (8 years since the last one).
- Good to see what should be the first full-bleeds for Makoare and Chadbon even if they are smaller names.
- The 4th full-bleed for Lazenby, and still another pic I don't like.
- I thought I'd want to replace the old Yeoh FB but seeing as this new one is the same pic as her WOB card, I think I'll pass.
- Hurray(!) another new WOB card: Naomie Harris.
- Presumably Seymour and Marlohe will be full-bleeds, hoping for good pics on these. Wasn't so keen on Marlohe's FB in the last set and still need a Seymour.
- Being a big Moore fan, so great to see 4 cards from him in his 90th year, I was hoping he would have some focus and these are a nice accompaniment to the throwback sets. More choice and opportunity for collectors, and the full-bleed from For Your Eyes Only is one of his best looking cards to date IMO. I predict some very reasonable prices on these given how many cards he has now.
- Probably most excited to see another Christopher Lee card, I was hoping RA had more stashed away from him. The last card was just too dark for my liking.

As for this cut Connery business... arguably the the premier Bond trading card. Scary to think how much this will go for and a shame there won't be enough to go around. Nobody can't say it won't be a cool card but it's a bit sad that RA have pretty much admitted defeat in getting him to sign for them, but hardly surprising given how notoriously difficult he is.
Further to above comments, I see nothing admirable in the man. No he doesn't owe us autograph cards but he does owe his fans and the Bond producers, who made him the star he is, far more appreciation. He seems a miserable old git and that is not the same as having principles - even Roger Moore is on record saying Connery knows how to hold a grudge. I'd rather have an autograph card from Timothy Dalton.

Is this the very last Bond set from RA? It seems odd they would not confirm or deny on their message boards. That said, I think the writing is on the wall: there is more to come. The auto line up in this set does look like they are 'clearing decks' however logic tells us there are some missing pieces...

Despite all the Moore autos in this set we still do not have 40th Anniversary or full-bleed cards of him from Octopussy. Why would RA get him to sign card styles for all his films except this one?
Similarly, they have had Moore and Craig sign for each of their films, so where is Brosnan's missing Die Another Day full-bleed (which would have been perfect for this release)?
Not to mention, as RP01 says, all the Women of Bond cards that RA must have had the big names sign (like Kurylenko, Arterton and Seydoux). I could be wrong but I think RA have plenty more stashed away. Here's hoping anyway.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Connery autographs seem to be mainly on photographs from Bond films and vary quite dramatically in price. Collecting one of those would be a helluva lot cheaper.

As Raven inferred earlier, there are a huge amount of fake Connery autographs out there.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

As Raven inferred earlier, there are a huge amount of fake Connery autographs out there.

Only inferred? I must do better. Big Grin

The reason why I collect certified autograph cards is because there is the assurance, either from the card manufacturer or the signer depending on the wording, that the signature is authentic. I know, even that is not 100%, but it is as good as it gets. Otherwise you can always be paranoid and not trust or buy anything not signed in person, in front of you. You won't have a large collection though. Wink

Simply put, some celebrity autographs should be avoided unless you think you have enough proof to take the risk. Signed 8x10 photos are the instrument of choice for celebrity fakes. The bigger the celebrity, the higher the demand, the smaller the supply, the more likely you will have a forgery or pre-printed autograph. The asking price does not matter. Many are sold cheaply, but expensive ones can be just as fake. Pre-prints and facsimiles are taken from genuine autographs, so they look good in photos. Same thing with autopens, only comparison to other examples reveals that they are the EXACT same signature. No handwritten autograph is exactly the same.

We started discussing the Connery cut card. It is up to RA to authentic the source of the cuts they are using. He is one of those celebrities that fall into the danger zone of having more fakes out there than real signatures due to his personal habits that make for a shorter supply/higher demand combination that results in higher prices. Any celebrity signature that can realize higher prices is a target for bad autographs, especially on display sized photos.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would tend to think that most Connery autos on photos of Bond are fake. He's pretty much distanced himself from 007 for the past 40 years. I can't see him willingly signing Bond photos, unless they were signed by him back in the 1960s before he soured on Bond. Maybe I am wrong

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Reportedly one day in the mid to late 1990s, Sean Connery ran into Pierce Brosnan in a parking lot (this, according to Pierce) and Sean simply said "I hope that they are paying you alot", referring to the Bond film producers

posted Hide Post
Recently cut signatures were embedded in Historic Autographs Celebrity II series. Most of the ones I saw were cuts from his book "Being a Scot"

I actually picked up one these signed books direct from the publisher when they first came out several years ago.

I plan to use the signature in a Diamonds Are Forever autograph display since I recently picked up a Charles Gray cut signature card from the Historic Autographs Celebrity III series.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Recently cut signatures were embedded in Historic Autographs Celebrity II series. Most of the ones I saw were cuts from his book "Being a Scot"

I actually picked up one these signed books direct from the publisher when they first came out several years ago.

I plan to use the signature in a Diamonds Are Forever autograph display since I recently picked up a Charles Gray cut signature card from the Historic Autographs Celebrity III series.

he indeed did sign a few ''Being a Scot''
maybe that's where Rittenhouse got them?

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a checklist on a past Bond set and while at the menu, I read the text describing this "Final Edition"...

quote:
This all-new collection will complete our run of Archives sets for all 24 classic Bond films, with Die Another Day (base set), For Your Eyes Only (throwback set), Octopussy (throwback set) and A View To A Kill (throwback set).

This sounds much more encouraging that this is simply the final "Archives" set, not the final Bond set altogether. Still strange that Steve has avoided answering the question on the message boards. But I'm a little more encouraged by the wording here.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up, there are 56 autographs, which includes 29 firsts on Full Bleed, nice Smile
only problem, with so many, it does look like they are wrapping up the product, but hope I am wrong.