Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
OK, it's now early July, the target shipping date given on the IDW site Big Grin Is there any news on an actual shipping date for these books ?

I agree with that, wonder when they will be shipped.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a release date yet? Getting restless for this release. Elephant

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Is there a release date yet? Getting restless for this release. Elephant

I was told by IDW "mid-july" for blue label, "late july" for red label.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are the Blue Books on their way yet?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I asked at the Con at the IDW Limited booth and was told they're still looking at late July for shipping, so hopefully we'll have them sometime in August.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
I concure with chesspieceface. I asked the same question at the ISW booth and received the same answer. I also got to see a mock-up of the presentaion books and got to actually hold some of the sketch cards! (Thanks Jerry!) They were BEAUTIFUL! One had an embossed look to it because of the different ink layers it had. I can't wait to get mine!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
I concure with chesspieceface. I asked the same question at the ISW booth and received the same answer. I also got to see a mock-up of the presentaion books and got to actually hold some of the sketch cards! (Thanks Jerry!) They were BEAUTIFUL! One had an embossed look to it because of the different ink layers it had. I can't wait to get mine!

I visited IDW's offices while in San Diego and saw everything-- the cards are slabbed and ready to be shipped, the books are good to go-- they're just waiting on their printer to deliver the finished slip-cases.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My only concern at this point is that they are very clearly marked/described as books, e.g. Limited Edition Hardcover Books, on the customs forms so that they do not incur a massive helping of VAT and handling fees when they come into the UK. Books are VAT free, but a limited edition box set would get whalloped with a 20% VAT surcharge plus handling fee Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone in the U.S. received their copy yet? It's almost August and no more information.

Not worried as they only cost a couple of $'s Eek Eek Eek

posted Hide Post
I'm a little worried, I have a new address come Aug 1st. Hope it gets forwarded and not returned.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
I went onto their page where you can order the product and it says shipping date is early August so looks like a week or so to go yet

http://idwlimited.com/series/m...rs-attacks-2613.html

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Portlaw:
I went onto their page where you can order the product and it says shipping date is early August so looks like a week or so to go yet

http://idwlimited.com/series/m...rs-attacks-2613.html

How early is early I wonder?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There is now a calendar to go with your book, this also has 4 cards with it.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
The Blue book says shipping 8/15. The Red shows in stock and shipping in Mid August.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hm, site now shows that the red issues will be shipping in early September. Quite misleading for them to continue showing the availability as 'In Stock' when they clearly aren't there yet Twak . I'm not impressed with the way the shipping date keeps slipping back Shake Head

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not impressed with the way the shipping date keeps slipping back

Especially since they charged my CC on ordering date.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
quote:
I'm not impressed with the way the shipping date keeps slipping back

Especially since they charged my CC on ordering date.

They state shipping date but do they state actual year of delivery?

posted Hide Post
Hi all;

Just got an e-mail from a forum member letting me know about this thread, and I wanted to stop in.

I'm sorry for the delay in shipping on this book. There was an issue with the tray case that we needed to correct. We've done that, and have actually begun shipping out Blue Label orders. If your order contains both Blue and Red books, we're going to send the Blue now, and you'll get another package in a few weeks with the remainder of your order.

The Red Label tray cases will be here within the next two weeks, and it will be our priority to ship those books out as soon as they hit our warehouse.

I know it's been an overly-extended pre-order period, and we're going to learn from this and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm including the exclusive SDCC Mars Attacks card in all pre-orders, and a bagged & boarded issue of #6 with the card in it as a small apology & thank you for the wait.

If any of you ever have any questions regarding the Mars Attacks hardcovers or ANY IDW Limited book (we'll be doing a lot more sketch cards soon) please contact me directly any time.
nate at idwpublishing dot com.
Hell, you can even call me- 858-277-7424 x101.

-Nate

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nate for the update, cool of you to let those of us who ordered the status. Looking forward to my books!! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Thanks Nate for the update, cool of you to let those of us who ordered the status. Looking forward to my books!! Thumb Up

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! I'm proud of this one. Finding it a little tough to let these Blue Labels go today, but it's waaaaay past time to get them in all of your hands.

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post