Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Well, no tracking information for me, but that's OK since I received the books. SmileThey are handsome Mars Attacks keepsakes, and beautifully made.

As far as the sketches included, No "Nar!" or Charles Hall for me, although there was only about a 8% chance I'd get one or the other between my two books, so I'm not too disappointed, especially since I did get a couple of artists whose work I enjoy.

I got copy 96 with an Apricot Mantle sketch and Copy 98 with a Chris Uminga sketch.

Both artists are limited to 25 cards each. Uminga, I've seen before on Star Wars sketches, but Mantle is new to me. Anyway, he's pretty good!

I can't get Photobucket to upload pictures currently, so here's Apricot's Tumblr page showing all of his cards, all in simple colored pencil, and pretty spectacular color considering that. Mine is right in the center of the image, the one with the Martian reaching out his hand towards you.

http://apricotmantle.tumblr.co...tackscards-i-created

Thanks, IDW, a long wait, but worth it where I am concerned. Better something takes a while and looks this nice, than something is rushed and quality is compromised. Idea and Design does indeed Work when it's done this well.

Awesome! I really liked Apricot Mantle's cards, and the one you pulled is definitely one of my faves. Glad you liked the books. (Lol at "Idea & Design does indeed Work.)

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nate C M:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
quote:
Still not receiving shipping info, I received shipping details on Blue Book very quickly so wonder what the delay is?

Just spoke to the shipping manager, as of today all Reds should have gone out. If you don't have tracking by EOD e-mail me. Nate@idwpublishing.com

Hi Nate

email sent, hope you can help me.

Thanks

Alan

Tracking info sent. Let me know when the books arrive!

Not received tracking details yet?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Still not receiving shipping info, I received shipping details on Blue Book very quickly so wonder what the delay is?

Just spoke to the shipping manager, as of today all Reds should have gone out. If you don't have tracking by EOD e-mail me. Nate@idwpublishing.com

Hi Nate

email sent, hope you can help me.

Thanks

Alan

Tracking info sent. Let me know when the books arrive!

Not received tracking details yet?

Re-sent.

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tracking received now, thanks again Nate.

Tracking states was attempted to be delivered yesterday and will try again today so hopefully will post a scan of the sketch later today.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Red book received. Will post scan of sketch shortly.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is my Sketch from Red Book, Artist Charles Hall;

[URL= ]

Red Book Sketch[/URL]

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with a Charles Hall sketch. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YOU LUCKY MAKAM OTE]Originally posted by treksearcher:
Here is my Sketch from Red Book, Artist Charles Hall;

[URL= ]

Red Book Sketch[/URL][/QUOTE]

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats on the pull! Here's a slightly cleaned up image for this card:

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I received book 95. Not sure who the artist is though.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My two red books arrived a little while ago. They were numbers 90 and 97. I have one sketch by Alex Deligiannis and the other is unknown. I'll post scans later.

In case anyone was still thinking about ordering either a Blue or Red Label book, you're too late as the IDW website is hsowing both as being Sold Out. So congratulations to IDW on a successful product release Thumb Up

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

# 99 of 250 still waiting for my other book to arrive.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are my two sketches. The one on the left is by Alex Deligiannis, I think the one on the right is Chris Uminga but I've attached the signature in the hope someone can verify that:

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
My two red books arrived a little while ago. They were numbers 90 and 97. I have one sketch by Alex Deligiannis and the other is unknown. I'll post scans later.

In case anyone was still thinking about ordering either a Blue or Red Label book, you're too late as the IDW website is hsowing both as being Sold Out. So congratulations to IDW on a successful product release Thumb Up

Thanks! This book's sold quite well. There's going to be a few more copies available in the future. They need to be built & wrapped still, production's taken a lot of time. BUT - we'll go back out when they're ready. Not interested in another long pre-order. Lesson learned.

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Earlier on I posted that I received my Red Book and that the sketch card it contained was less then adequate for the price paid. After someone suggested I get in contact with Nate from IDW I did just that. After our conversation I was able to buy an additional Red Book based on the fact that I think this collectible is all around beautiful. I just received the book today and after opening it I nearly had a heart attack for this is the card I got...

I believe my utterance was HOLY ****!!

My thanks to Nate and the team at IDW. Great job!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's probably the best single sketch in the set, congrats. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Looking at the posts, I see our members got most of the 90's in the serial numbers, and there was a good mix of cards in those plus a NAR! and a Charles Hall from really just a handful of breakdowns. I was definitely happy with mine.

Could be the NSU Cardtalkers Mojo has struck again!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Kevin F:
...I think the one on the right is Chris Uminga but I've attached the signature in the hope someone can verify that.

Yes, I can, it is Chris Uminga for sure on that one. I have one, too.

Now, back to the NAR! love sure to follow...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Earlier on I posted that I received my Red Book and that the sketch card it contained was less then adequate for the price paid. After someone suggested I get in contact with Nate from IDW I did just that. After our conversation I was able to buy an additional Red Book based on the fact that I think this collectible is all around beautiful. I just received the book today and after opening it I nearly had a heart attack for this is the card I got...

I believe my utterance was HOLY ****!!

My thanks to Nate and the team at IDW. Great job!

Congrats on the amazing Sketch!

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Thanks LUZNDAVE! and thanks for the suggestion that I contact Nate. It turned out to be a very, very good suggestion. Thumb Up

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Second book arrived with this detailed sketch from George Webber who was set up at the Philly Show this past weekend! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post