Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
 Login/Join
 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Were into September, any word as to when the RED books will be sent out?


Tray cases hit the warehouse tomorrow! Will do our best to get them loaded with cards and to the shrink wrapper so that they can ship next week.

____________________
-IDW Limited Community & Marketing Manager

 
Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Great news! Can't wait to get mine. Smile
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nate C M:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Were into September, any word as to when the RED books will be sent out?


Tray cases hit the warehouse tomorrow! Will do our best to get them loaded with cards and to the shrink wrapper so that they can ship next week.


How'd that go, Nate? Are the books shipping this week?

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 2928 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by Nate C M:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Were into September, any word as to when the RED books will be sent out?


Tray cases hit the warehouse tomorrow! Will do our best to get them loaded with cards and to the shrink wrapper so that they can ship next week.


How'd that go, Nate? Are the books shipping this week?


The Red Label books are shipping! There's a lot of orders to work through, but you should be receiving shipping confirmations to your e-mails shortly.

____________________
-IDW Limited Community & Marketing Manager

 
Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Good news! Thanks for the update, Nate...

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 2928 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Received my shipping confirmation yesterday! YIPPEEEE Clap
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
WOW that was quick. I received my RED book today. I have some good news and I have some bad news. First the good news. The overall look and presentation of this is great. The slip case is real nice with a magnetic strip to keep it closed (nice touch). The book itself is beautifully done. Now for the bad news. The sketch card I got is not that great. In fact it's kind of blobish. For the money spent I was hoping for better quality. I'm really disappointed. (no offense to the artist). But I guess that's the gamble when you buy blind and it's no different when buying a box of cards (except for the price). The luck of the draw as it were. I'm thinking of returning it. I hope other people have better luck with their sketch(s).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pendragon,
 
Posts: 428 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure these aren't returnable.
Show your sketch if you are able, and maybe someone will want to trade for it. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I have two Reds coming (no shipping info on them for me yet, though).

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 2928 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I'm pretty sure these aren't returnable.
Show your sketch if you are able, and maybe someone will want to trade for it. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.


Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could return some of those "beauties" though. Big Grin
 
Posts: 7664 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
That was really fast shipping. I'd also like to see your card.

Hopefully mine will arrive shortly I haven't received a shipping notice yet though.
 
Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LUZNDAVE:
That was really fast shipping. I'd also like to see your card.

Hopefully mine will arrive shortly I haven't received a shipping notice yet though.


I have not received shipping notice either.
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Member
posted Hide Post
Waiting for my shipping notice as well. I'm a little worried as I had a different address when I placed the order. I did update on IDW's website so I hope they look at the current files.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Waiting for my shipping notice as well. I'm a little worried as I had a different address when I placed the order. I did update on IDW's website so I hope they look at the current files.


E-mail me John. Let's make sure everything's correct.
nate@idwpublishing.com

____________________
-IDW Limited Community & Marketing Manager

 
Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
email sent...
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I received my shipping confirmation today. Can't wait!
 
Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still not receiving shipping info, I received shipping details on Blue Book very quickly so wonder what the delay is?
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Still not receiving shipping info, I received shipping details on Blue Book very quickly so wonder what the delay is?


Just spoke to the shipping manager, as of today all Reds should have gone out. If you don't have tracking by EOD e-mail me. Nate@idwpublishing.com

____________________
-IDW Limited Community & Marketing Manager

 
Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nate C M:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Still not receiving shipping info, I received shipping details on Blue Book very quickly so wonder what the delay is?


Just spoke to the shipping manager, as of today all Reds should have gone out. If you don't have tracking by EOD e-mail me. Nate@idwpublishing.com

Hi Nate

email sent, hope you can help me.

Thanks

Alan
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Nate C M:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Still not receiving shipping info, I received shipping details on Blue Book very quickly so wonder what the delay is?


Just spoke to the shipping manager, as of today all Reds should have gone out. If you don't have tracking by EOD e-mail me. Nate@idwpublishing.com

Hi Nate

email sent, hope you can help me.

Thanks

Alan


Tracking info sent. Let me know when the books arrive!

____________________
-IDW Limited Community & Marketing Manager

 
Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, no tracking information for me, but that's OK since I received the books. SmileThey are handsome Mars Attacks keepsakes, and beautifully made.

As far as the sketches included, No "Nar!" or Charles Hall for me, although there was only about a 8% chance I'd get one or the other between my two books, so I'm not too disappointed, especially since I did get a couple of artists whose work I enjoy.

I got copy 96 with an Apricot Mantle sketch and Copy 98 with a Chris Uminga sketch.

Both artists are limited to 25 cards each. Uminga, I've seen before on Star Wars sketches, but Mantle is new to me. Anyway, he's pretty good!

I can't get Photobucket to upload pictures currently, so here's Apricot's Tumblr page showing all of his cards, all in simple colored pencil, and pretty spectacular color considering that. Mine is right in the center of the image, the one with the Martian reaching out his hand towards you.

http://apricotmantle.tumblr.co...tackscards-i-created

Thanks, IDW, a long wait, but worth it where I am concerned. Better something takes a while and looks this nice, than something is rushed and quality is compromised. Idea and Design does indeed Work when it's done this well.

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 2928 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited

© Non-Sport Update 2013