Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I broke down and ordered a red. Fingers crossed I get a great sketch!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I dred to think what the final total will be for me, I paid $73 shipping on the cost of the books then no doubt will have to pay approximately $130 taxes when it arrives in the U.K.
Books are zero rated for VAT, so all being well, you shouldn't have to pay any import taxes on these books. If you are charged, you should be able to claim it back. I know I will do if they hit me with anything.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, they sold a few of them to people on this board, anyway, and you have to assume some more to members of other boards invited to the pre-sale.

I was told that if there are any left come Comic Con time, remaining copies could very well be available at the IDW booth in San Diego, so that might be a second chance for anyone who misses them now to get one or both versions later (and not have to pay the shipping!).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I was told that if there are any left come Comic Con time, remaining copies could very well be available at the IDW booth in San Diego, so that might be a second chance for anyone who misses them now to get one or both versions later (and not have to pay the shipping!).
'Official' sales on the site are supposed to be opening on the 28th May and I suspect that the remaining Red Label books will sell out very, very quickly. The Blue Label ones may take longer due to the $400 price tag. I can't honestly see any Red Label books being left for Comic Con.

For those of us who placed orders, can July come fast enough ? Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It was cool to be able to be order copies before the general public, thanks to IDW for the opportunity. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've just checked out the IDW site and there does not appear to any reference to the books! Even if they were sold out surely they would still be on the site?

I thought it was today that they went live for general ordering?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You have to sign in to your IDW account first, then use the link that was sent and it should take you to the order page. I just went there and both versions still seem to be available.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The regular sale has not yet started but will start soon. Keep an eye on the blog as we will have details and a heads up just before the books go on sale.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have to sign in to your IDW account first, then use the link that was sent and it should take you to the order page. I just went there and both versions still seem to be available.

I've already ordered my books, I was just on the site looking around and the images were not there. I'm surprised you have to log onto your account just to see what's on the site.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When copies are available to the general public then anyone can see books on IDW's site.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The books go on sale tomororow at 10 AM PST. They'll be more details about it, including the direct link on the NSU Blog.

IDW Limited has allowed me to do a "World Premier" of the packaging for the limited edition books. See that below.

The packaging, book cover, and card art tray case are really top notch! I'm sure IDW will do very well with this.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They seem to have used some of the sketch cards for the case art, fantastic!

I love it that the books are the same quality whatever the label you've purchased, so even those unable to plunk down the $400 for the Cadillac version are still getting a museum quality item.

If it weren't for all of the other stuff coming out right now (and Comic Con coming up), I'd have definitely picked up a couple more Reds and maybe even a blue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They seem to have used some of the sketch cards for the case art, fantastic!

I love it that the books are the same quality whatever the label you've purchased, so even those unable to plunk down the $400 for the Cadillac version are still getting a museum quality item.

If it weren't for all of the other stuff coming out right now (and Comic Con coming up), I'd have definitely picked up a couple more Reds and maybe even a blue.

Thanks, glad you dig it! We're very proud of the work that went into this project. Great artists, great design. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here is the blog story about the IDW Limited Mars Attacks books going on sale today:

Limited-Edition Mars Attacks Books Go On Sale Today!

Included is some art by George Webber and Sean Pence that hasn't been posted on the blog previously.

posted Hide Post
Nate,

Just curious, how did the pre-sales go? I really appreciate being able to get my order in early.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone is interested, the site is now open to orders for these books. I suspect the Red Editions may go quickly once people notice Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Nate,

Just curious, how did the pre-sales go? I really appreciate being able to get my order in early.

Quite well. I think Blue may sell through in the next few days. I was hoping to have some copies to bring and sell at Comic Con but that may not be the case. Happy to accomodate for the NSU forum to make sure you guys got your copies secured.

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Ted Dastick Jr., whose work is prominently featured on the outer case.

An artist's creativity is every bit as important as technical skill on sketch cards. There's only so many ways to draw the iconic 50 year old martians, robots, and giant insects of Mars Attacks.
The scenarios to place them in, however, are vast and endless as Ted has admirably demonstrated.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats to Ted Dastick Jr., whose work is prominently featured on the outer case.

An artist's creativity is every bit as important as technical skill on sketch cards. There's only so many ways to draw the iconic 50 year old martians, robots, and giant insects of Mars Attacks.
The scenarios to place them in, however, are vast and endless as Ted has admirably demonstrated.

Well put. And it's his creativity and attention to detail that makes his cards so special. Like his Last Supper piece, where he replaced the goblets and bread with organs and eyes. Such a great little wrinkle to make that puzzle-set extraordinary.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, it's now early July, the target shipping date given on the IDW site Big Grin Is there any news on an actual shipping date for these books ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,