Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks Books from IDW Limited
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Tonights previews are from an artist that is not only new to Mars Attacks sketch cards but new to sketch cards in general. I was told he is primarily a horror painter.
I think he really nailed the puzzles.
Dan Harding:

DanHardingA by buckycap, on Flickr

DanHardingF by buckycap, on Flickr

DanHardingB by buckycap, on Flickr

And check out the IDW facebook page tomorrow for some more Ted Dastick previews!

Posts: 11 | Location: CA | Registered: October 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what date these will be up for preorder? I looked and only saw April.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This week's previews are from another artist new to sketch cards:
Apricot Mantle

apricot-martians-02 by buckycap, on Flickr

Posts: 11 | Location: CA | Registered: October 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the previews I've been waiting on.
I give you NAR!

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 11.17.47 AM by buckycap, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 11.18.44 AM by buckycap, on Flickr

The second card might be my most favorite Mars Attacks sketch card yet

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any update on when these are going to be released?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Wow,

Really nice stuff! Not into mars besides the movie but might have to get some of these! Those puzzles are to die for!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nar!
posted Hide Post
Greetings card fans!

I just wanted to take the time (which I have very little of) to come by and say how appreciative I am to be a part of this fun set. It is definitely different from my usual "super hero" motif but it gave me a lot of room to play, so it was a pleasure to dive right into it. Smile

I was given the go ahead to show my work around and I've only really put them up on my facebook page. So, for those who might have missed the scans, here they are. I really hope you enjoy them as much as I did creating them.
Many thanks to IDW and of course you, the good card people. Cya! Wave

PS. if the scan is too big, let me know and I will size it down.

Posts: 37 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nar!:

PS. if the scan is too big, let me know and I will size it down.

I say make it bigger, those are fantastic! Bonus points for the guy getting blasted on the toilet. Red Face

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are we any closer to a release date for these books as I thought it was supposed to be sometime in April?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're going to get this book on the site May 28th. If you'd like to secure copies before that, we're going to have an early pre-order for the card forums, register an account on IDWLimited.com and e-mail me with the e-mail address you used.

Nate@idwpublishing.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nate C M,

Posts: 25 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can't wait, this looks like it's going to be a very popular release. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nate C M:
We're going to get this book on the site May 28th. If you'd like to secure copies before that, we're going to have an early pre-order for the card forums, register an account on IDWLimited.com and e-mail me with the e-mail address you used.

Nate@idwpublishing.com

Nate, Email sent! Please let me know detailsSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this heads up, Nate.
I've signed up for the IDW account and have just sent my Email to you to get on the early pre-order notification list.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Y'know, I am sick to death of these "Martian Head" Sketches:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It didn't think it was possible for NAR! to up his game, but wowzer, he went to town on these. All should be printed as base cards in an upcoming MA set, no doubt about it.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are wonderful sketches! I still on the fence due to price and a move from San Diego and Raleigh.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Order placed today. One of each.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Order placed as well! Smile Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went with two reds. It's tough with all these other sets coming out one after another, plus Comic Con around the corner.

My basic deciding factor on the blue was, at $440 with tax and shipping, I could get a whole 'nother case of Mars Attacks Heritage with change left over, but with the reds, I got a pair of the books, and a couple of premium sketches for the cost of only about 5-6 Heritage hobby boxes.

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of the Red books. Now that wait for it to arrive. Smile

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I went with two reds. It's tough with all these other sets coming out one after another, plus Comic Con around the corner.

My basic deciding factor on the blue was, at $440 with tax and shipping, I could get a whole 'nother case of Mars Attacks Heritage with change left over, but with the reds, I got a pair of the books, and a couple of premium sketches for the cost of only about 5-6 Heritage hobby boxes.

I dred to think what the final total will be for me, I paid $73 shipping on the cost of the books then no doubt will have to pay approximately $130 taxes when it arrives in the U.K.