Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Cryptozoic is showing off some more memorabilia that it has in-hand for the upcoming Walking Dead card series on it's website. One of them is shown above and you can see two more (including Rick's shirt, which was on display at the Philly Show two weeks ago) on their website. The blog post also talks about autograph cards and how CZE's corporate policy is to not announce them until the cards are in-hand -- sounds like a great plan to us and I'm sure most collectors will agree. Read the blog entry here:

CZE Post-Apocalyptic Fashion

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
A picture I took from the sell sheet image I was sent this morning:

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
The blog post also talks about autograph cards and how CZE's corporate policy is to not announce them until the cards are in-hand -- sounds like a great plan to us and I'm sure most collectors will agree. Read the blog entry here:

Does make sense Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do think it would be in Cryptozoic's interest to announce they have at least one auto in this set officially instead of going by rumors from people who have sent out blanks, and that some secret things have come in, etc.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the pictures!! I'm so excited for this set, and really impressed with Cryptozoic and their sets so far. I think it's a great idea to announce the cards as they are done, I would also LOVE to see some auto's in there for sure, but like everybody is saying it makes sense to announce it when it's done. I prefer that to those who put all kinds of names out there, only to find out little to none of them are actually in the set.

Did the sell sheet happen to give a better idea of when they will actually be available?

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Release Date: 09/26/11
Autos and memorabilia cards are advertised, according to a site's Presell information

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So there's a sell sheet? Did many people get any of these?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sell sheet might just be digital?

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I was sent it as a email attachment.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:

can you pass it on to my
hcbrewer@gmail.com

thanks

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for this set! It keeps looking better everytime I hear something!

Jason

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:

can you pass it on to my
hcbrewer@gmail.com

thanks

Email sent, hoped it worked.

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
got it thank you

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOOO HOO! The autograph's are back in the list Smile Clap . I'm so happy to see that. They seemed to go away down below in the description for a little while, but all things are back to normal now. Way to go Cryptozoic.. can't wait for the set.

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I too like the approach the Cryptozoic are taking.

We as collectors have been let down too many times in the past with announcments that never came to pass.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know more about the promo cards. Especially details on the DVD exclusive.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The "DVD" promo will be in the Season One Special Edition Blu-ray and Blu-ray Tin Set (but NOT the SE DVD) coming in October. The card will be limited to JUST 100,000 copies (although finding one may be tough unless you spring for the $60 or $90 sets).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Only blue ray and presumably only region 1. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

There's no way I'm going to switch to blu ray any time soon.

And I'm not going to fork out that kind of money just to get a promo card.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Of course some of these promos will end up in the hands of people who don't even know what trading cards are (a good thing really) but if they're limited to 'just 100,000 cards' surely they won't be too hard to pick up?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post