Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

CRYPTOZOIC ENTERTAINMENT™ SECURES
LICENSING RIGHTS FROM AMC TO LAUNCH
THE WALKING DEAD TRADING CARDS

New York, NY/Irvine, CA 2011 – March 14, 2011 – Cryptozoic Entertainment, famous for its World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, announced today that they have secured the rights from AMC to launch "The Walking Dead" trading cards. The first release in the series covers the events of the first season and features a 72 card base set along with feature autographs and memorabilia from the popular show. The trading cards are available in retail locations coming this summer.

"Working on ‘The Walking Dead’ is very exciting for Cryptozoic! We’re huge fans of the show and we feel that it really lends itself to the trading card category," said Scott Gaeta, COO at Cryptozoic. "‘The Walking Dead’ will receive the same premium treatment we are committed to providing to all our partners and fans."

"AMC is a multi-platform content company and we're thrilled to be working with Cryptozoic as we usher in our newest platform, trading cards, celebrating the AMC original series ‘The Walking Dead,’" said Charlie Collier, president of AMC.

AMC's "The Walking Dead" is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive. AMC's "The Walking Dead" attracted 3.5 million adults in the 18-49 demo making it the most watched drama series in basic cable history for the demo. The series was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Television Series – Drama.

Visit www.cryptozoic.com/tradingcards for the most up to date information on when "The Walking Dead" will invade a hobby store near you.

About AMC
AMC reigns as the only cable network in history to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series three years in a row, as well as the Golden Globe® Award for Best Television Series - Drama for three consecutive years. Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade or creating acclaimed original programming, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories. AMC's original stories include the Emmy® Award-winning dramas Mad Men and Breaking Bad, and entertaining non-scripted programming such as AMC News. AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with curated movie franchises like AMC Hollywood Icon and AMC Complete Collection. Available in more than 96 million homes (Source: Nielsen Media Research), AMC is a subsidiary of Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, which includes sister networks IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and Wedding Central. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. AMC: Story Matters Here(SM).

About Cryptozoic Entertainment
Cryptozoic Entertainment was founded in 2010 on the core principle of fans first. The Cryptozoic staff consists of fans who are dedicated to producing the highest quality product and community experience possible. Visit www.cryptozoic.com for additional product and event information.

###

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Amazing license. I hope they do well with it!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great card set! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Crypto website is offline until tonight apparently.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
Crypto website is offline until tonight apparently.

Yeah, they've posted that they will have a new website Monday so it looks like they are bringing it up tonight. Should be pretty cool.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah! I loved the first season. Some great signers to get from it and I bet some kick *** relic cards. I suspect we will have lots of blood covered swatches.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow I'm interested Big Grin

I enjoyed the first season so definitely looking forward to it.
It's so great to see a new player on the non-sport scene Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
Been hoping that a set would be done for this show! Awesome!

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of morpheuz31
posted Hide Post
I'd love a Robert Kirkman autograph and charlie adlard sketch cards Smile

Posts: 57 | Location: Brazil | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Charlie did some 2000AD sketch cards, and they were.. well not good springs to mind. I would be interested to find out if they will be doing sketch cards as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great news, loved the first season.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is excellent that we have another manufacturer bringing in fresh licenses.

Seems like a great license too.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
This will pull a couple people I know into the hobby...WHAHAHAHA!! Cant wait for this set the first season was great!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How come everyone and his wife has seen this show except me?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi All!

This is Jenna, Marketing Manager over at Cryptozoic. Glad to hear you guys are as excited as we are about The Walking Dead Trading Cards!

Please check www.cryptozoic.com later today for more info!

Best,
Jenna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jennazoic,

Posts: 1 | Location: 214 | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Is your license international? In other words will this set be distributed outside the US/Canada?

J

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi All!

This is Jenna, Marketing Manager over at Cryptozoic. Glad to hear you guys are as excited as we are about The Walking Dead Trading Cards!

Welcome to Card Talk, Jenna! Wavey

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Paul - well you delivered - this is big news Dance

this should put Cryptozoic on the map - if they do it well Wink

I am a big fan of the Walking Dead having followed it from the beginning collecting the comics

Its nice to have a new Manufacturer with a great license

The Liberty Trading Cards set will give us an introduction to this company

lets hope they don't disappoint

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
Is your license international? In other words will this set be distributed outside the US/Canada?

J

Yes! We have worldwide rights! Distributors interested in stocking our product can e-mail distributor@cryptozoic.com

Thanks.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post