Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
 Login/Join

Picture of CryptozoicTCFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

I cannot imagine they would bother to make a set based on the comics and mix in the TV show to confuse people.

I'd be surprised if the license even allowed it. I don't think AMC has a part in these at all. The only mentions on the promo are Skybound and Robert Kirkmann LLC.

TV shows are a completely different animal.

There's plenty of room for a Lauri Holden autograph in a Season 2 set.

Ed

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you Ed. There is a bit of confusion already, I have spoke with numerous people that have the P1 Promo for The Walking Dead Comic Set from the Chicago Non Sport Show saying they have no idea what it means because what is on the card is the only information they have and it isn't much.

I can't see how coming out with this Comic Set makes sense since Cryptozoic has released Season One of the trading cards. I sure hope this does not delay the Second Season printing. Why interrupt a great product with a test of a totally different run that focuses on a different audience?

Once again though Laurie Holden is the missing autograph from Season One release A3/A4.

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Actually, I worded my reply poorly.

I think there is plenty of room for a card set based on the comic. Zombie sketches are all the rage right now, and it honors the source material.

I just cannot imagine that mixing in the TV show would be considered or allowed. That would make for a confusing set.

There is a huge fan base for the comics that don't like the TV show, so I don't see why a set aimed at those people (who probably already collect something) wouldn't be in CZE's best interest.

Glad to see you added Fan to the name. I think some people were confused.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I heard, Toser credit for the name change.

Well it shall be interesting to see how Cryptozoic juggles the two products.

It is kind of difficult to collect sketches though, I mean in Season One there was one per case and it isn't like they are cheap to get a hold of either.

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CryptozoicTCFan:
So I heard, Toser credit for the name change.

Well it shall be interesting to see how Cryptozoic juggles the two products.

It is kind of difficult to collect sketches though, I mean in Season One there was one per case and it isn't like they are cheap to get a hold of either.

I think that is where this release could be brilliant. IF they can do 1 sketch per box, it gives everyone a chance at sketches. Especially if they continue their high standard of quality. Comics are where the sketches belong, the Season 1 sketches were nice, but I can understand they are difficult to collect.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think that is where this release could be brilliant. IF they can do 1 sketch per box, it gives everyone a chance at sketches. Especially if they continue their high standard of quality. Comics are where the sketches belong, the Season 1 sketches were nice, but I can understand they are difficult to collect.

Ed

I know that Cryptozoic sends artists about 9 sketch cards total, the artist may decide to make their designs as they want and mail them back to the distributor (Cryptozoic). Some artists keep some cards as "proofs," here is an example of an artist doing this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKIN...&hash=item3cc4be8dc4

&

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-WA...y=99990&cmd=ViewItem

Labeling it as an 'Artist Proof' by J.D.SEEBER

Also here is a post by one of another artist, Gary Kezele. http://www.walkingdeadforums.c...al-artwork-1895.html

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If they can get autographs Scott Wilson (Hershel) and Pruitt Taylor Vince (Otis) for a season 2 set. I will be the happiest guy.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ed

I know that Cryptozoic sends artists about 9 sketch cards total, the artist may decide to make their designs as they want and mail them back to the distributor (Cryptozoic). Some artists keep some cards as "proofs," here is an example of an artist doing this:

&

Also here is a post by one of another artist, Gary Kezele. http://www.walkingdeadforums.c...al-artwork-1895.html

What do you mean by this post ?

You do relise that Cryptozoic provided artists who worked on the official set with specially marked 'Artist Proof' sketch cards.
Both artists you mentioned received these cards and their regular cards were returned to Cryptozoic to be inserted into the Walking Dead packs.

Gary Kezele worked on the official set and has also sold/released personal Walking Dead sketch cards on his own personal card stock which he clearly states in his posts.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ed

&

I can say that this is a false statement. I did 50 cards and had to send back 50 cards. I received 5 Artist Proofs for my efforts that were clearly marked Artist Proof on the back as part of my compensation.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:

You do relise that Cryptozoic provided artists who worked on the official set with specially marked 'Artist Proof' sketch cards.
Both artists you mentioned received these cards and their regular cards were returned to Cryptozoic to be inserted into the Walking Dead packs.

Gary Kezele worked on the official set and has also sold/released personal Walking Dead sketch cards on his own personal card stock which he clearly states in his posts.

That was my point, we were talking about how hard it was to get a sketch card being it there was only one per case and Ed was talking about how great it would be if there were one per box for the collecting side of things. I was just pointing out that there could have been more out there if the artists were to return all of the cards provided by Cryptozoic.

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
If you didn't send back all of the cards you were sent. You didn't get paid or your Artist Proof cards.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:

That was my point, we were talking about how hard it was to get a sketch card being it there was only one per case and Ed was talking about how great it would be if there were one per box for the collecting side of things. I was just pointing out that there could have been more out there if the artists were to return all of the cards provided by Cryptozoic.

The artists did exactly what they were hired to do. Sketch on xx ammount of blanks and sent them in. The Artist Proof blanks that the received AFTER THEIR ALLOTMENT WAS RECEIVED BY CRYPTOZOIC were part of the compensation that the artists received as per their contract. Nobody "held any back" for private sales.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I don't much care for the idea of a comic based set for TWD. It all depends on how it looks before I would make a final decision.

As for sketch cards, they just aren't my thing, plus most of the ones that I've seen are way too pricey for my blood. Glad others like them though, unless I were to get a really nice one from a pack, I would trade or sell it.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Wow just did a search for the P1 comic promo on a certain auction site, and can't believe it is already going for as much as it is.

Has anyone else seen what the other promos from the show are going for now, especially P3? I didn't have any trouble getting any of them for a reasonable price back when they came out.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I see a P2 Comic style promo just popped up on the bay. Where was this card available? Some of these promos are getting expensive and I just hate spending that kind of money unless it has a relic or autograph (just my opinion)

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been picking up some of the non-official sketches off ebay for reasonable amounts, artists are the same as for TWD S1. I know collectors want those officially released with the set but these are much more affordable.

Anyone hear any rumors about season 2?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I've been picking up some of the non-official sketches off ebay for reasonable amounts, artists are the same as for TWD S1. I know collectors want those officially released with the set but these are much more affordable.

Anyone hear any rumors about season 2?

Totally agree. I've been doing that before "sketch cards" became the "in thing."

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
I see a P2 Comic style promo just popped up on the bay. Where was this card available? Some of these promos are getting expensive and I just hate spending that kind of money unless it has a relic or autograph (just my opinion)

Interesting, since it's going to be available in the new NSU. Gotta get it!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is now definite the full Rick patch redemption has been pulled and redeemed. Cryptozoic just posted this about it and about their redemption process:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/redemption-process

That's one very cool (and valuable) card.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Anyone know who got it?

Big question... they interested in selling?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it's a member of NSU but here is the full story

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post