Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Ahhh.... I see, I didn't realise that was the backs of the cards, that's good to know.
I guess they want to keep something a surprise for everyone Smile
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Take that Juelle Twak

LOL! I did not realize those were the backs as well.

I can't wait for these next week! Metal

____________________
Specializing In: Movie, TV, Sports Trading Cards and Memorabilia, Comics, Action Figures, Video Games and MORE!!!
 
Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen, I can't wait.

Been a long time since I have been this excited about opening packs of cards, even longer still for something that is non-sports.
 
Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Take that Juelle Twak


I wasn't trying to be rude. I hope it didn't across that way.

I just happened to look a little closer after you posted Juelle, and noticed you couldn't see any card fronts (except insets) in the photos.
 
Posts: 12968 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Take that Juelle Twak


I wasn't trying to be rude. I hope it didn't across that way.

I just happened to look a little closer after you posted Juelle, and noticed you couldn't see any card fronts (except insets) in the photos.

We all understand how crabby you're getting in your old age Big Grin
 
Posts: 3798 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Nope, Just my humor Big Grin

____________________
Specializing In: Movie, TV, Sports Trading Cards and Memorabilia, Comics, Action Figures, Video Games and MORE!!!
 
Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Cryptozoic just posted a set of unboxing photos to their Facebook page:

The Walking Dead Trading Cards: Unboxing

Looks pretty awesome! And great to see they are coming our way soon.


When did "box Opening" become "Unboxing" Shake Head
 
Posts: 12070 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Cryptozoic just posted a set of unboxing photos to their Facebook page:

The Walking Dead Trading Cards: Unboxing

Looks pretty awesome! And great to see they are coming our way soon.


When did "box Opening" become "Unboxing" Shake Head

About the same time as getting off a plane became deplaning Shake Head Shake Head
 
Posts: 3798 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for this release!
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Cryptozoic just posted a set of unboxing photos to their Facebook page:

The Walking Dead Trading Cards: Unboxing

Looks pretty awesome! And great to see they are coming our way soon.


When did "box Opening" become "Unboxing" Shake Head


I admit I have never heard unboxing used in non-sports. I know the term from computer products....mainly Apple stuff. You see a lot of unboxing photos when new iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. come out. But it works well for non-sport cards too. It's three less characters then box opening - Maybe you have Twitter to blame! Big Grin
 
Posts: 12968 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Just checked Cryptozoic website and noticed the sheriff badge swatch is limited to 16!

Please be in my box? Lol
 
Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Char_Baby:
Just checked Cryptozoic website and noticed the sheriff badge swatch is limited to 16!

Please be in my box? Lol


I called first dibs Razz

____________________
Specializing In: Movie, TV, Sports Trading Cards and Memorabilia, Comics, Action Figures, Video Games and MORE!!!
 
Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
But it works well for non-sport cards too. It's three less characters then box opening - Maybe you have Twitter to blame! Big Grin


I think it is a HORRIBLE word and really hope it doesn't come into the hobby

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
 
Posts: 12070 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
But it works well for non-sport cards too. It's three less characters then box opening - Maybe you have Twitter to blame! Big Grin


I think it is a HORRIBLE word and really hope it doesn't come into the hobby


I agree with you hammer. I'm a fan of the good old box break(ing) Cool
 
Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I definitely prefer "Box Break" too.
Maybe "Unboxing" is a CCG term? or maybe he just wrote that without thinking, and in the process came up with a new word for opening boxes.

It will be interesting to see if it catches on. Smile
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I definitely prefer "Box Break" too.
Maybe "Unboxing" is a CCG term? or maybe he just wrote that without thinking, and in the process came up with a new word for opening boxes.

It will be interesting to see if it catches on. Smile


Nope not a CCG term. Just one of our web guys trying to be creative. This particular gent does come from the video game industry so that's most likely where he got it. Wink

Also, just a quick note about our trading card graphic designers. The two who work on our non sport are not ccg graphic designers. They have years of experience designing sport and non sport cards. One thing we do stress as a company is to push the envelope on design. (not just for our cards but everything we produce)

Hopefully you'll enjoy our approach and we always love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

Scott

____________________
_______________
Scott Gaeta
Cryptozoic Entertainment
 
Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
One thing we do stress as a company is to push the envelope on design. (not just for our cards but everything we produce)

Hopefully you'll enjoy our approach and we always love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

Scott


Scott - no complaints about companies "pushing the envelope" on design all good in my opinion. Just don't "unbox" anything Big Grin
 
Posts: 12070 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Is Noah Emmerich have signed autograph cards for this release?
Or those 8 signers are the final list of signers for season 1?


I am also dying to know if there were any other surprises like the patches or late signers that were added! Drool

____________________
Specializing In: Movie, TV, Sports Trading Cards and Memorabilia, Comics, Action Figures, Video Games and MORE!!!
 
Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:


When did "box Opening" become "Unboxing" Shake Head

About the same time as getting off a plane became deplaning Shake Head Shake Head[/QUOTE]

Big Grin Somewhere, someone is getting paid to make up all those savvy and sophisicated new words that butcher the English language. Than Oxford puts them in the dictionary to make the nonsense legitimate. Wink
 
Posts: 9507 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Is Noah Emmerich have signed autograph cards for this release?
Or those 8 signers are the final list of signers for season 1?
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch The Walking Dead trading cards

© Non-Sport Update 2013