Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Galaxy 6
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 6
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My dealer and other sources have told me this is just about sold out, so if you were thinking of ordering some now would be the time to talk to your friendly dealer! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Hey all I got the okay from Topps to post up some samples of my sketchagraphs. They can be seen here and if you like join up for my facebook fan page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/.../148493592638?ref=ts

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
My dealer and other sources have told me this is just about sold out, so if you were thinking of ordering some now would be the time to talk to your friendly dealer! Smile

My suppliers have been out for weeks, as have I. It's always a guess when you're ordering blind like dealers have to. This time I guessed wrong. But that beats the alternative. I still have Empire 3D sitting around...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
Hey all I got the okay from Topps to post up some samples of my sketchagraphs. They can be seen here and if you like join up for my facebook fan page:

Awesome stuff there Rich! Really like the Darth Mauls. And people may prefer color, but your black and whites just POP.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the OK from Topps to post a few of my cards.

BOOM.

enjoy.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
NICE !

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:

Ma, this must have wreaked havoc on the sorting machines!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

Naw, these won't make it into packs. Smile

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Naw, these won't make it into packs. Smile[/QUOTE]

Why not in packs? Are these like, artist return cards or proof cards?

I never really understood how that works. Are artists allowed to keep some blanks and do more detailed sketches for themselves? Are the cards actually submitted and the manufacturer returns them? Is it just that they get to keep some good ones as added compensation?

So many questions, so little time. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Returns are a funny thing, and every company is a little different.

Basically an artist gets X number of cards for doing Y number of regular cards. The numbers vary from company to company.

Most require that the artist do the art and get it approved with all the regular cards. Some companies want the cards returned and then they send back the returns (or Artist Proofs). Others will give approval based on scans. But I know I was just told today that my Marvel Beginnings AP has to be sent in for approval with the rest.

Some companies like UD and Rittenhouse have a different card for AP's. Topps just has the artist pick the cards they want back. This does add some confusion about whether a card is a return. And it has happened that the wrong cards get sent back and the intended returns end up in the packs.

But all cards must be approved before they can go to the collector. This was an issue in some of the very early sets where an artist didn't use good judgement and made a strong R-rated card that, of course, immediately ended up on eBay. So now most companies don't just give out blanks and trust people will follow the rules.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got the OK from Topps to post a few of my cards.

BOOM.

Beautiful cards. Very Unique.

Ed

posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the rundown Ed. I love the artist return cards, never been able to afford one, but still love 'em. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I did 25 cards for SW-G6 and you can find most of them on my deviantart website (link in signature). I also posted some in my own thread here on NSU. Here are my returns that I will get back later on

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DavidDeb,

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

hi rich,could you possibly email me on
brody.real@ntlworld.com
?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
I did 25 cards for SW-G6 and you can find most of them on my deviantart website (link in signature). I also posted some in my own thread here on NSU. Here are my returns that I will get back later on

david,love the,own the night card Thumb Up

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
quote:

hi rich,could you possibly email me on
brody.real@ntlworld.com
?

E-mail sent.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
How much was the preorder price for Galaxy 6?

After seeing some of the amazing sketches that are being pulled from this product, I was going to order a box until I saw these are going for $120 plus a box now!!!!

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps updated their website. Some info on Galaxy 6 is finally up.

www.Topps.com

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post